NT is Slumdog Millionaire really that damn good?

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

curious. why are you being so defensive about it? are you one of those lil kids in the movie?
nerd.gif

well its one of my favorite moves. i really liked it. Its entertainment. I dont want to watch some disturbing old man trying to live his life or some nazi having sex with some kid.

as if somebody calling it overrated (because IMO it was, movie wasn't that great and rather boring) is going to change how you see it.

everyone that i know is saying its a good movie, and that i should go and watch it....

Look as far as im concerned no one here should judge what is oscar worthy, nowadays no one even knows what "oscar worthy" means.... Thats saidSlumdog is overrated, it was ok and cute/funny at moments, but w/e.

SPOILER:

I didnt like how Salim would have such a change of heart, even to risk his life. Yeah its supposed to be a dream movie, but really?

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Originally Posted by ItWasTyped

Originally Posted by AirAsianJordan

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Overrated.

these are the stupid f'n posts that really bother me....Explain how its overated...do you guys know how hard it is to make a movie like this? They had a budget of like 30 million dollars. They used random #%* kids from the street...instead of giving the director compliments we go out of our way to say a movie is "overated" when in fact alot of ppl like the OP still havnt seen it.

Chill-out. Yea yea budget yea yea kids yea yea whatever. Stop acting like a junior high school girl who woke up with a zit the day before the spring formal because someone doesn't like a movie you like.

what are you talking about? this is what they really do in real life. they take little kids and do experiments with them. the kids really live like that and have to make a living on thier own. the killings that they have (where to mother dies) happens all the time because there is a war between the different religions.

IMO i think the movie deserves whatever it got because it shows how things REALLY happen in india TODAY.

So if I build a computer out of toothpicks, paperclips and a battery and I'm able to post on NikeTalk...does that mean every post I make is certified gold? No.
lolwut?

Jai Ho.

are you trying to compare different scenarios. because it aint working.
all im saying, is that the producers made so much money off of this movie, and they didnt even pay the kids a good amount. maybe like 10 (american dollarswould be good)

come on now, its like telling some kids to bring you 20 million bucks, with oscars, and what not and pay them 2 bucks each

Salim had a change of heart because it was eating away at his conscience.

Dude raped his brother's love interest, and as a result got seperated.

Salim is a g, but at the end of the day, he's always looked out for his brother.

He knew the only way to make peace with himself was kill that dude so he wouldn't go and hunt down Jamal and Latika and pop 'em.

It was the only way both of them can live without looking behind their backs.

LOL at some of the comments here. I decided to rent it at redbox to see what the fuss is all about.

Overall: Great movie, but best picture? It didn't have that best picture quality that previous Best Picture winners deliver.(Now I know how Crashlovers/haters feel) The Acadamy must really dislike superhero movies. TDK really did it for me.

SPOILER:

In the end the scripted should have him guessed the wrong answer. He walks away with no money, but gets "his" millionaire prize. Her. That's atrue Slumdog Millionaire.

Overrated.

these are the stupid f'n posts that really bother me....Explain how its overated...do you guys know how hard it is to make a movie like this? They had a budget of like 30 million dollars. They used random #%* kids from the street...instead of giving the director compliments we go out of our way to say a movie is "overated" when in fact alot of ppl like the OP still havnt seen it.
Why does it bother you? A lot of people feel the same way just respect his opinion.

I didn't see it but I hear a lot of "its a very good moviebut not 8 Oscars good", which makes a lot of sense.

There just weren't that many GREAT movies out last year.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Overrated.

Why does it bother you? A lot of people feel the same way just respect his opinion.

I didn't see it but I hear a lot of "its a very good moviebut not 8 Oscars good", which makes a lot of sense.

There just weren't that many GREAT movies out last year.

American movies suck honestly for the most part. I know I'll get flamed for saying that but we just focus on plot and +$!# but all the characters usuallylack depth and fail to reach any sort of humanity. We care to much about the actors and star power instead of the actual art form. While I obviouslydidn't see all the films nominated, the only film that I truly enjoyed was the Visitor
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I reccomend that movie to anyone, actually portrays how life really is. Plus its directed by Templeton from the Wire
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sickickz23

In the end the scripted should have him guessed the wrong answer. He walks away with no money, but gets "his" millionaire prize. Her. That's a true Slumdog Millionaire.

That sounds stupid

what i don't get is whats up with the dancing and stuff at the end?

that messed up the movie, IMO.. ol' Cupid Shuffle at the end of the movie...

Overated- I just didn't think it was THAT great. It was a good movie, but it wasn't so good that it deserved 8 oscars +best picture. I thought itdragged on... Also, the ending was anticlimactic and the dancing during the credits was just plain corny.

I hated it. The only thing I liked mainly is the cinematography. Crappy acting, predictable, very cheesy and too corny for me. I was expecting some gritty andrough type of movie showing the hard knock life of the slums, kind of like City of God. But, it is a love story. It was not different from a Hollywoodchick flick to me, except it was set in the slums of India.It did not really expand to that and some things in the movie were just soooo cheesy beyond repair.I cannot believe some guys I know even liked it. Overhyped, overrated, and overdone. But, that is just my humple opinion.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I hated it. The only thing I liked mainly is the cinematography. Crappy acting, predictable, very cheesy and too corny for me. I was expecting some gritty and rough type of movie showing the hard knock life of the slums, kind of like City of God. But, it is a love story. It was not different from a Hollywood chick flick to me, except it was set in the slums of India.It did not really expand to that and some things in the movie were just soooo cheesy beyond repair. I cannot believe some guys I know even liked it. Overhyped, overrated, and overdone. But, that is just my humple opinion.
Roger Ebert, everyone.

When I watched it the 1st time in theatres, I only would've given it 3.5 stars out of 4. I watched it again at home with some friends and enjoyed it a lotmore the 2nd time. I think the familiarity of the characters and knowing to expect some of the slow pacing in the middle parts increased my enjoyment.

I think it's one of those movies that you can watch over and over again because of its feel-good nature.

Outside of the mandatory dancing scene at the end I thought it was an entertaining movie.

But I was shocked when I heard it won best picture.

im buying this movie tomorrow i thought it was
pimp.gif
i liked it overall it was a good movie

Originally Posted by bamez

Originally Posted by sickickz23

In the end the scripted should have him guessed the wrong answer. He walks away with no money, but gets "his" millionaire prize. Her. That's a true Slumdog Millionaire.
That sounds stupid
Anyways, a realistic ending would've ruined it. This was a unrealistic fairy tale. You need to have a happy ending. Plus, it was hispre-ordained destiny. It was written.

Back
Top Bottom