NT, School me on Jesus Christ

Yeshua.

begin through study of Roman history circa 400 BC and forward & Hebrew scripture

I'm confused about this:

Is Jesus man or is he God or is some strange combo?

I always ask this and I never get a straight forward answer. I had this discussion with a Baptist minister a couple months ago and it seems like even hedidn't have the answer
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

The righteous people who have accepted Christ and his gospel will be resurrected first. Everyone else will follow suit depending on how righteously you lived your life...
So if a man rapes 1,000 women, but through atonement finds the love of Jesus Christ, and becomes a righteous man, he will go to heaven before theman that rapes only 500 women and does not accept the love of Jesus Christ?

Will the 1,000 women rapist who repented his sins go to heaven before the person who gave all his money/food/time to charity, but denounced god and allreligion?

How do people believe this stuff?

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

The righteous people who have accepted Christ and his gospel will be resurrected first. Everyone else will follow suit depending on how righteously you lived your life...
So if a man rapes 1,000 women, but through atonement finds the love of Jesus Christ, and becomes a righteous man, he will go to heaven before the man that rapes only 500 women and does not accept the love of Jesus Christ?

Will the 1,000 women rapist who repented his sins go to heaven before the person who gave all his money/food/time to charity, but denounced god and all religion?

How do people believe this stuff?

that is the most dumbest thing ive read in my life
laugh.gif

he was an evil man who ruined the entire world with the help of his evil henchmen. they went around forcing people to believe their propaganda, the people whorefused had their necks snapped in their sleep. when he was done raping the women and children he notoriously faked his death and moved to cuba to live therest of his days smashing dimes and snorting coke. i don't know if it's true but that's what i read in this book called the bible.

Originally Posted by pr1nts

he was an evil man who ruined the entire world with the help of his evil henchmen. they went around forcing people to believe their propaganda, the people who refused had their necks snapped in their sleep. when he was done raping the women and children he notoriously faked his death and moved to cuba to live the rest of his days smashing dimes and snorting coke. i don't know if it's true but that's what i read in this book called the bible.
man that was corny
laugh.gif

trying too hard, i guess

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Prayerfully read the Holy Bible and The Book of Mormon. Both testify and teach of Jesus Christ. They both proclaim Him to be the Son of the Living God and the Savior of the world.

Visit these websites as well:
http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/
www.mormon.org
There are some Mormon beliefs that i heard about that strike me as odd. Can anyone explain or clarify these?

mormons believe that God lives on a planet called Kolob
mormons believe that dark skin is a curse from god and that if a dark skinned person is righteous, they can become lighter skinned
Jesus visited America, and that Missouri is the location of the garden of eden

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by armfizzle

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Prayerfully read the Holy Bible and The Book of Mormon. Both testify and teach of Jesus Christ. They both proclaim Him to be the Son of the Living God and the Savior of the world.

Visit these websites as well:
http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/
www.mormon.org
There are some Mormon beliefs that i heard about that strike me as odd. Can anyone explain or clarify these?

mormons believe that God lives on a planet called Kolob
No. 'Kolob' is a term found in ancient records translated by Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith did not provide a full description or explanation of Kolob nor did he assign the idea particular significance in relation to the Church's core doctrines.
mormons believe that dark skin is a curse from god and that if a dark skinned person is righteous, they can become lighter skinned
This is a deep subject. If you're really interested, read here: http://www.jefflindsay.com/LDSFAQ/FQRace.shtml#skin
But for the record, LDS are not racisit.

Jesus visited America,
Yes. http://mormon.org/mormono...truth/the-book-of-mormon
and that Missouri is the location of the garden of eden

Although we have no contemporaneous record of Joseph Smith teaching explicitly that the Garden of Eden was in Missouri, that reading is consistent with LDS scripture, and there is substantial later testimony from Joseph's associates that he did teach such an idea.

Most Latter-day Saints are aware of this, though it is a relatively minor point that plays little role in LDS theology. (By contrast, the idea that the New Jerusalem-Zion-will be built in the Americas looms much larger in LDS consciousness.)

This idea perhaps strikes most non-members as odd, but not simply because the Saints have an opinion about the Garden's location-as we have seen, religions of all stripes have had a wide variety of views on the subject. What likely strikes outside American observers as strange is the idea that the Garden is local-the LDS view does not place the Garden in a never-never land, buried in distant time and far-away space. Rather, the LDS Garden is local and somewhat immediate.

Upon reflection, though, the thoughtful observer will realize that this is simply one more manifestation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' uniqueness: rather than believing only in dead prophets, from long ago, in distant lands, in old records, the Church also embraces modern revelation, living prophets, and an on-going divine involvement with God's people. The gospel restored by Joseph Smith does not merely sacralize the past, but the present and future as well-and, it sacralizes both lofty matters and more earthly concerns like farms, hills, and geography.

It is this intrusion of the sacred into the mundane that surprises most observers-the issue of the Garden is merely one more example of a broader phenomenon.

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

The important thing is that a person has a testimony (or strong belief) in Jesus Christ. When you have that faith and belief in him, you havefaith and belief in the men he calls as Prophets.

It's a pretty simple equation. If The Book of Mormon is truly the word of God, then Joseph Smith is truly a prophet of God, and The Church of Jesus Christof Latter-day Saints is the Lord's church again on the earth. People nit pick at many of the teachings of the Church, losing focus on the Savior and theAtonement of Jesus Christ. Does it matter to me where the Garden of Eden is? No, because it's not really important to my faith in Jesus Christ.

If you haven't read and studied The Book of Mormon, I invite you to do such. It's a remarkable book that teaches of the Savior. This verse essentiallytells you the topic of The Book of Mormon, " And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that ourchildren may know to what source they maylook for a remission of their sins."

Back
Top Bottom