NT School me on Ohio vol: is it that bad?

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

The Wright Brothers are acknowledged as inventors of the first airplane they were from Dayton.
%+!! that, hands off the Wright Brothers. That's North Carolina's. That's like Philly stake claim to Kobe's accomplishments or New York staking claim to Jordan's accomplishments.

What are you talkin' about?..The Wright Brothers lived, grew up in, worked in, and most importantly invented the airplane right here in Dayton..Only reason they went to NC is the weather conditions were better to aid them in their flight attempt..You examples of Kobe and MJ aren't even compairable..

Originally Posted by casekicks

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:

The Wright Brothers are acknowledged as inventors of the first airplane they were from Dayton.
%+!! that, hands off the Wright Brothers. That's North Carolina's. That's like Philly stake claim to Kobe's accomplishments or New York staking claim to Jordan's accomplishments.

What are you talkin' about?..The Wright Brothers lived, grew up in, worked in, and most importantly invented the airplane right here in Dayton..Only reason they went to NC is the weather conditions were better to aid them in their flight attempt..You examples of Kobe and MJ aren't even compairable..

The fact that NC even claims the wright brothers is funny to me. The wright brothers and the invention of the airplane belongs to dayton,oh.

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:

The fact that NC even claims the wright brothers is funny to me. The wright brothers and the invention of the airplane belongs to dayton,oh.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Well, it's a Rust Belt city with nothing else going for it really, never rebounded.

2 of the 10 poorest cities in the nation

unemployment, drop out rates, crime and all those ancillary things WELL above the national average

Sports teams never won a title in the last 46 yrs

Horrible weather

real estate market bottomed out to the extreme of property values being down `90% (literally can cop a family home for 10k)

Abandoned buildings and boarded up houses

Drew Carey

They have a river so polluted it caught on fire

All they've been known for the last decade is LeBron, you can go on for days
2 of the 10 poorest cities in the nation?

eyes.gif

Crew and OSU won chapionships in the last decade.

you can cop a home for 10k in like lima, ohio...not in any of the real cities....bro

most of your post concerns cleveland...not MY city....but still

y

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Well, it's a Rust Belt city with nothing else going for it really, never rebounded.

unemployment, drop out rates, crime and all those ancillary things WELL above the national average

Horrible weather

real estate market bottomed out to the extreme of property values being down `90% (literally can cop a family home for 10k)

Drew Carey

2 of the 10 poorest cities in the nation?

eyes.gif

Crew and OSU won chapionships in the last decade.

you can cop a home for 10k in like lima, ohio...not in any of the real cities....bro

most of your post concerns cleveland...not MY city....but still

y

how did no one catch this gem in that list of 50 facts about Ohio?
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]50% of the United States population lives within a 500 mile radius of Columbus. [/color]
[/color]

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

how did no one catch this gem in that list of 50 facts about Ohio?
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]50% of the United States population lives within a 500 mile radius of Columbus. [/color]
[/color]

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

home of wendys, white castles, nationwide insurance, flight, football HOF, rock n roll HOF, james thurber, RL Stine, Halle Berry, Woody Harrelson, Dean Martin, Paul Newman, Martin Sheen, Molly Shannon, Ron Jeremy, Toccarra, Jerry Springer, Omarosa, Roxy Reynolds, Carmen Electra, Neil Armstrong, Harvey Firestone, Garrett Morgan, B.F. Goodrich, John D Rockerfeller, George Stienbrenner, Larry Flint, Ted Turner, most immediate "free" state for slaves, top library system in the nation, in 2009, was ranked #4 in best business cities, 7th largest economy of all US states, 5 of the top 115 colleges in the nation, best zoos in the nation, thomas edison's birthplace?

this is off the top of my HEAD, bro

home of wendys, white castles, nationwide insurance, flight, football HOF, rock n roll HOF, james thurber, RL Stine, Halle Berry, Woody Harrelson, Dean Martin, Paul Newman, Martin Sheen, Molly Shannon, Ron Jeremy, Toccarra, Jerry Springer, Omarosa, Roxy Reynolds, Carmen Electra, Neil Armstrong, Harvey Firestone, Garrett Morgan, B.F. Goodrich, John D Rockerfeller, George Stienbrenner, Larry Flint, Ted Turner, most immediate "free" state for slaves, top library system in the nation, in 2009, was ranked #4 in best business cities, 7th largest economy of all US states, 5 of the top 115 colleges in the nation, best zoos in the nation, thomas edison's birthplace?

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

If you think columbus has nice clubs, damn. Only nice places I can think that is poppin might be catina or saloon right now.
this is your problem, sir.

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

If you think columbus has nice clubs, damn. Only nice places I can think that is poppin might be catina or saloon right now.
this is your problem, sir.

Originally Posted by HatchMo

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:

Well... son of a %@$*!. I DIDN'T KNOW.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HatchMo

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:

Well... son of a %@$*!. I DIDN'T KNOW.
laugh.gif

Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul wrote:

Oh, look.  Another person who thinks Cleveland is a state.

Two of the top ten?  Nope.  I'll do you one better and how about we check the US Census Bureau and look at the 100 poorest cities in the nation
I don't see Ohio anywhere on the list.  (But I do see New York and Cali three times each.
nerd.gif
)

Unemployment:
Ohio is currently #9 in unemployment.  Behind thrid place California.  (Bureau of Labor Statistics)  New York is (barely) in the top half of the nation in employment rate. 

Drop out rates:
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, Ohio has lower high school drop out rates than New York AND California.

Ohio is actually BELOW the national average in crime at #27 (US Census Bureau, 2006).  But wait!  New York is #22 and California is #14.  Wouldn't that make them...(WELL) above the national average?

Except for the Reds and the Ohio State University football team.  If we look at MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL, there are six teams in Ohio.  There are nine in New York and sixteen in California.  But if championships make a city nice then maybe you'd like to rep New Orleans, Pittsburgh, or Indianapolis.

Horrible weather
Compared to what?

You can find run down wrecked homes in ANY state for $10k.  Same with abandoned and condemned places.  OH, I GET IT: You've never been to a real city before.
eek.gif
  Son, you should check one out sometime.

Drew Carey
I'll see your Drew Carey and raise you Halle Berry, Dean Martin, and Stephen Spielberg.  (Because these are important features in a state.) 

50 years ago.

No, that's all YOU'VE known about Ohio because your mind doesn't have room for anything bigger than the NBA.  And I don't doubt you could go on for days - it's easy when you don't have to get anything right.  Now stop embarrassing yourself and go lie down in that nice hole you've dug.  We'll come by and cover you up later.

The funny thing?  I'm not even from Ohio.  But it's been great to me and my family and we love Columbus. 

Oh, look.  Another person who thinks Cleveland is a state.

Two of the top ten?  Nope.  I'll do you one better and how about we check the US Census Bureau and look at the 100 poorest cities in the nation
I don't see Ohio anywhere on the list.  (But I do see New York and Cali three times each.
nerd.gif
)

Unemployment:
Ohio is currently #9 in unemployment.  Behind thrid place California.  (Bureau of Labor Statistics)  New York is (barely) in the top half of the nation in employment rate. 

Drop out rates:
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, Ohio has lower high school drop out rates than New York AND California.

Ohio is actually BELOW the national average in crime at #27 (US Census Bureau, 2006).  But wait!  New York is #22 and California is #14.  Wouldn't that make them...(WELL) above the national average?

Except for the Reds and the Ohio State University football team.  If we look at MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL, there are six teams in Ohio.  There are nine in New York and sixteen in California.  But if championships make a city nice then maybe you'd like to rep New Orleans, Pittsburgh, or Indianapolis.

Horrible weather
Compared to what?

You can find run down wrecked homes in ANY state for $10k.  Same with abandoned and condemned places.  OH, I GET IT: You've never been to a real city before.
eek.gif
  Son, you should check one out sometime.

Drew Carey
I'll see your Drew Carey and raise you Halle Berry, Dean Martin, and Stephen Spielberg.  (Because these are important features in a state.) 

50 years ago.

No, that's all YOU'VE known about Ohio because your mind doesn't have room for anything bigger than the NBA.  And I don't doubt you could go on for days - it's easy when you don't have to get anything right.  Now stop embarrassing yourself and go lie down in that nice hole you've dug.  We'll come by and cover you up later.

The funny thing?  I'm not even from Ohio.  But it's been great to me and my family and we love Columbus. 

Originally Posted by Dr FONClBrICS

On a related note, does anybody have an opinion on the University of Cincinnati? Just scheduled an interview there and would love some input on the campus and surrounding area.
I went to UC last year before transferring across the river to NKU to save money. I loved every minute of it. Great school education wise, sports teams (although not doing to hot) are fun to cheer for, love the campus and Calhoun hall has great views up high of either the city or the campus (where i stayed during my time) View:
9329_1198929343898_1548455574_30558537_4626906_n.jpg

I live in northern Kentucky about 5 minutes from Cincinnati so I can attest to the fact that Cincinnati is doing just fine.

Originally Posted by Dr FONClBrICS

On a related note, does anybody have an opinion on the University of Cincinnati? Just scheduled an interview there and would love some input on the campus and surrounding area.
I went to UC last year before transferring across the river to NKU to save money. I loved every minute of it. Great school education wise, sports teams (although not doing to hot) are fun to cheer for, love the campus and Calhoun hall has great views up high of either the city or the campus (where i stayed during my time) View:
9329_1198929343898_1548455574_30558537_4626906_n.jpg

I live in northern Kentucky about 5 minutes from Cincinnati so I can attest to the fact that Cincinnati is doing just fine.

Love the love for the Nati and the rest of the O in here. And for cats sayin its boring, you probably stayed in the house your whole visit. Like any other city if you don't know where to go, you won't have fun.

Love the love for the Nati and the rest of the O in here. And for cats sayin its boring, you probably stayed in the house your whole visit. Like any other city if you don't know where to go, you won't have fun.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

thought she was from atlanta.  thats a win right there

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

thought she was from atlanta.  thats a win right there

Back
Top Bottom