NT: Staying Positive Thread Vol. Good Vibes

I came to Shanghai in promise of an internship...

Got here and the job didn't come through, but already planned my stay for 3 months. Was trippin for a good 2 weeks.

FINALLY found a new and better internship yesterday at a Marketing agency. Feels like I'm getting somewhere for my career in the future.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Furrell

I don't see how you guys stay so positive all the time. If there is a quarter life crisis, I'm having one. I'm looking at everything that people from my graduating class and peer group are doing and I just feel like crap when comparing myself to them. They have the great paying jobs, are attending grad school and I'm barely making it. I have a job, a job that some NTers would envy but I went wrong somewhere. They say not to worry about what other people are doing and just worry about yourself but how can you when you have threads on NT with dudes making bank and they are around my age. Maybe my expectations for myself are too high for myself. Maybe I should lower them and I'll find happiness. My dad says "One day at a time" because you can't control everything but ever since graduating from college I feel like a failure. I told my mom that and she told me don't ever say that but I am. Nothing is going well for me from finances to women. If I could go back in time, I'd seriously rewrite my life from the age of 14. I have to live with the decisions I've made even if they are irreparable.

Sorry for the long diatribe but this is the only way I can vent at the moment. I don't blog anymore and I think I need to start doing it again.
I think you should read Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson. Here's part of the beginning I think youll like.
"There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till. The power which resides in him is new in nature, and none but he knows what that is which he can do, nor does he know until he has tried. Not for nothing one face, one character, one fact, makes much impression on him, and another none. This sculpture in the memory is not without preestablished harmony. The eye was placed where one ray should fall, that it might testify of that particular ray. We but half express ourselves, and are ashamed of that divine idea which each of us represents. It may be safely trusted as proportionate and of good issues, so it be faithfully imparted, but God will not have his work made manifest by cowards. A man is relieved and gay when he has put his heart into his work and done his best; but what he has said or done otherwise, shall give him no peace. It is a deliverance which does not deliver. In the attempt his genius deserts him; no muse befriends; no invention, no hope."

I personally live by the words "envy is ignorance". 

Ill admire something about every single person I meet, but I will never, ever envy someone.

I don't see how you guys stay so positive all the time. If there is a quarter life crisis, I'm having one. I'm looking at everything that people from my graduating class and peer group are doing and I just feel like crap when comparing myself to them. They have the great paying jobs, are attending grad school and I'm barely making it. I have a job, a job that some NTers would envy but I went wrong somewhere. They say not to worry about what other people are doing and just worry about yourself but how can you when you have threads on NT with dudes making bank and they are around my age. Maybe my expectations for myself are too high for myself. Maybe I should lower them and I'll find happiness. My dad says "One day at a time" because you can't control everything but ever since graduating from college I feel like a failure. I told my mom that and she told me don't ever say that but I am. Nothing is going well for me from finances to women. If I could go back in time, I'd seriously rewrite my life from the age of 14. I have to live with the decisions I've made even if they are irreparable.

Sorry for the long diatribe but this is the only way I can vent at the moment. I don't blog anymore and I think I need to start doing it again.
I think you should read Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson. Here's part of the beginning I think youll like.
"There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till. The power which resides in him is new in nature, and none but he knows what that is which he can do, nor does he know until he has tried. Not for nothing one face, one character, one fact, makes much impression on him, and another none. This sculpture in the memory is not without preestablished harmony. The eye was placed where one ray should fall, that it might testify of that particular ray. We but half express ourselves, and are ashamed of that divine idea which each of us represents. It may be safely trusted as proportionate and of good issues, so it be faithfully imparted, but God will not have his work made manifest by cowards. A man is relieved and gay when he has put his heart into his work and done his best; but what he has said or done otherwise, shall give him no peace. It is a deliverance which does not deliver. In the attempt his genius deserts him; no muse befriends; no invention, no hope."

Ill admire something about every single person I meet, but I will never, ever envy someone.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Respect.

As for myself, my old boss sucked. He was hurting the team, and today was his last day. New boss came in and he's gonna make sure there's always money in our pockets.

Change the game
pimp.gif

Things finally looking up

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Respect.

As for myself, my old boss sucked. He was hurting the team, and today was his last day. New boss came in and he's gonna make sure there's always money in our pockets.

Change the game
pimp.gif

Things finally looking up

Hey, man.. right there with you. I'm 23 and Asian (this is a stereotype but yeah, most of my friends from high school have degrees from good schools). I'm the +$!# up friend who dropped out a four quarters before graduating. At least you finished school
laugh.gif

You have to let the past be the past and try to grow as a person every day. I've also made horrible choices, but few things are irreparable, in my opinion. Try to be your best self all the time and always try hard to improve yourself. Small victories.

Hey, man.. right there with you. I'm 23 and Asian (this is a stereotype but yeah, most of my friends from high school have degrees from good schools). I'm the +$!# up friend who dropped out a four quarters before graduating. At least you finished school
laugh.gif

You have to let the past be the past and try to grow as a person every day. I've also made horrible choices, but few things are irreparable, in my opinion. Try to be your best self all the time and always try hard to improve yourself. Small victories.

-My parents are struggling GREATLY financially right now. Luckily I just received more hours at my job so now I can help them out
pimp.gif

-The prom I was dreading to go to(because I barely know anyone from the school) next week, just got A LOT less stressful because one of my good friends found a way to get in the group. Says he did it for me
pimp.gif
bro love
laugh.gif

-My parents are struggling GREATLY financially right now. Luckily I just received more hours at my job so now I can help them out
pimp.gif

-The prom I was dreading to go to(because I barely know anyone from the school) next week, just got A LOT less stressful because one of my good friends found a way to get in the group. Says he did it for me
pimp.gif
bro love
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chuck67

Had a terrible day yesterday... not gonna be able to go back to school next semester due to a huge bill, started eating junk food again
frown.gif
but im feeling much better today. Got me a good workout in, cleaned up my apartment, ate me a nice healthy meal, and then hit the ps3.�
happy.gif
�Life can throw curveballs at you left and right, and most of the time nothing usually goes as always planned but you stay strong.. You make it through that hardship and just strive to do better. I love life.. no matter how hard and frustrating it can be im so glad im alive, in good health, and have people that care about me... and that puts a smile on my face and makes me strive to do better.
smile.gif
to everyone else on NT keep your head up you can do it!!! I love yall

Im not a fan of this dude but the song is real ... Appreciated man....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chuck67

Had a terrible day yesterday... not gonna be able to go back to school next semester due to a huge bill, started eating junk food again
frown.gif
but im feeling much better today. Got me a good workout in, cleaned up my apartment, ate me a nice healthy meal, and then hit the ps3.�
happy.gif
�Life can throw curveballs at you left and right, and most of the time nothing usually goes as always planned but you stay strong.. You make it through that hardship and just strive to do better. I love life.. no matter how hard and frustrating it can be im so glad im alive, in good health, and have people that care about me... and that puts a smile on my face and makes me strive to do better.
smile.gif
to everyone else on NT keep your head up you can do it!!! I love yall

Im not a fan of this dude but the song is real ... Appreciated man....
pimp.gif

this thread is like a ray of light on NT.

Chucks with that lil B vid
pimp.gif

Agent Arenas with the Emerson quote
pimp.gif

CanIFly using his blessings to bless his fam
pimp.gif

Furrell remember this...even people on the top feel the way your feeling. When you turn life into a competition your always gonna be competing/envying. It's human nature to crave something more than what you already have...what you need to learn is that divine nature let's you be happy with what you have yet still opens you up to receive any other opportunities that come you way. A positive attitude even in the bleakest circumstances makes the difference in how long your down time lasts.

Bless
pimp.gif

this thread is like a ray of light on NT.

Chucks with that lil B vid
pimp.gif

Agent Arenas with the Emerson quote
pimp.gif

CanIFly using his blessings to bless his fam
pimp.gif

Furrell remember this...even people on the top feel the way your feeling. When you turn life into a competition your always gonna be competing/envying. It's human nature to crave something more than what you already have...what you need to learn is that divine nature let's you be happy with what you have yet still opens you up to receive any other opportunities that come you way. A positive attitude even in the bleakest circumstances makes the difference in how long your down time lasts.

Bless
pimp.gif

Life is real tough, everybody goes through stuff some have it worse than others depending on your circumstances. I just try my best to keep going and get past the negative things I've been through.

Stay positive fellas
pimp.gif

Life is real tough, everybody goes through stuff some have it worse than others depending on your circumstances. I just try my best to keep going and get past the negative things I've been through.

Stay positive fellas
pimp.gif

Starting to spend more time with my daughter(and babymoms)
pimp.gif
 straight lovin it 

buns were recieved last night
pimp.gif

Was on the borderline of not graduating but i turned that !%%@ around
pimp.gif
literally had FAMILY members saying i couldnt do it

Job hunt isnt going how i want it to go, but ya boy still has faith!
pimp.gif

Starting to spend more time with my daughter(and babymoms)
pimp.gif
 straight lovin it 

buns were recieved last night
pimp.gif

Was on the borderline of not graduating but i turned that !%%@ around
pimp.gif
literally had FAMILY members saying i couldnt do it

Job hunt isnt going how i want it to go, but ya boy still has faith!
pimp.gif

Checking in for future.....

For all those going through a hard time just know that it gets better.it may not be now or soon but give it time and patience .

Checking in for future.....

For all those going through a hard time just know that it gets better.it may not be now or soon but give it time and patience .

if two wrongs dont make a right but three rights makes a left , does staying negative about being negative equate to positive thinking?

if two wrongs dont make a right but three rights makes a left , does staying negative about being negative equate to positive thinking?

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

with all due respect to Emerson (only because of his literary status: realtalk) lol
but this n***a decided to make an attempt to sound extremely knowledge of the english language by unnecessarily incorporating a vast amount of confusing/possibly meaningless/un-practical sentences to form a divine message from first impression

HOWEVER- this fool BASICALLY says...dont envy others because your uniqueness just hasnt been found by u.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

with all due respect to Emerson (only because of his literary status: realtalk) lol
but this n***a decided to make an attempt to sound extremely knowledge of the english language by unnecessarily incorporating a vast amount of confusing/possibly meaningless/un-practical sentences to form a divine message from first impression

HOWEVER- this fool BASICALLY says...dont envy others because your uniqueness just hasnt been found by u.
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom