NT: The People v OJ / 30 for 30: OJ

It's pointless to compare a documentary to a TV show.

Wasn't it movie a OJ in the 90's? :lol: I think it was one of them TV movies.

Not pointless. Documentaries can be entertaining and informative. Shed some light on things we didn't know. I believe the experience of The People v OJ will be better than the 30 for 30 that some have said will be better than the show

The 30 for 30 joint is just gonna be going over O.J.'s life with ppl close to him, fans, sports journalists, teammates, etc. commenting on it and him. We'll learn some things we didn't know and get some laughs.

Maybe one or two ppl wil say some really funny **** throughout but nothing is going to match the humor and drama of this show.

^exactly

30 for 30 we will probably all learn something we didnt know and appreciate the delivery of the information.

People vs OJ, we were all entertained and appreciate the performances of the actors playing real life people.

^exactly

30 for 30 we will probably all learn something we didnt know and appreciate the delivery of the information.

People vs OJ, we were all entertained and appreciate the performances of the actors playing real life people.

exactly? you guys havent seen it, :lol:

in fact everyone who has seen it basically disagrees with you./

^exactly

so you are saying this documentary will go away from all the other previous 30 for 30s that have been widely acclaimed?

Im not following you...

all im saying is that both will be satisfying in different ways that they will not be comparable. I dont have to see it to know Vance is not in it playing Johnnie Cochran.

^exactly

All the ppl that have said the opposite pretty much have a reason to if not for only preferring the 30 for 30s in general over the FX show.

Those ppl failed comparing the two imo.

By definition the documentary will not match The People Vs. O.J. Simpson's comedy or drama because the 30 for 30 is not a comedy or drama.

This is getting awfully close to the book was better than the movie :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I don't think the 30 for 30 should even be compared to the show. Different formats and covering different things.

I just hope the 30 for 30 is as good as advertised and won't even be comparing it to the show.

Why does everything have to be compared on here.. 

This show was awesome. Entertaining, dramatic, funny, and brought the real-life absurdities to the screen.

The documentary will probably be great in a different way.. and 30 for 30's track record along with the early praise and hype means it should give us a great and detailed look into OJ.

I just can't say enough about this series. All legal actors/actress were played to absolute perfection. Flawless. I felt like I was watching the real people.

Easily the BEST tv/show/series that has been on TV 
nthat.gif
smokin.gif
eek.gif
 in years. if you have yet to see every episode you are really missing out... It's NO JOKE 
smile.gif

Damn, June?!

I thought it was right around the corner :smh:

Might as well make this thread for the O.J. didn't do it series special coming out next year.

I missed the Furman episode and they finally put it on demand. Wow, this episode was good.

It's weird that they had the last episode of the series up but didn't have this one

:wow: just saw the 30 for 30 trailer.

Who's that singing Sinner Man? I'm familiar with Nina Simone's version but that one in the trailer where it starts off slower was :pimp:

*Edit*

For anyone who cares, it's Nina & Frederik's rendition "Oh, Sinner Man!"

Last edited:
Getting into this late and it's pretty amazing.

Can't believe some of the more ridiculous **** actually happened too... like when Cochran said the "...please" line to Darden or when Marcia Clark said "size small... must be Mr. Bailey's" :lol: that sounds like stuff they would've made up for TV but it's not. Incredible.

Side note, I just realized Tina Fey was supposed to be Marcia Clark in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt :lol:

View media item 1999821

Back
Top Bottom