NT: The People v OJ / 30 for 30: OJ

Watching the 30 for 30 now. This is real in depth. Goes from his USC days to the racism/riots in the 60's. Not even entirely focused on OJ. I'm liking this so far.

Part 1 was great. I knew OJ was a sellout but damn. :lol:

For a black man in that time to act blind towards racism you have to be a coward. On one side you had Ali who was a proud, never back down, repped for his people man and on the other side there was OJ talking bout "I'm not black , I'm OJ".

And that story when he was proud that some white lady called everybody he was sitting with the n word but him. This man clearly had self hate issues. The whole time i was watching this I kept thinking about that Ice Cube song True To The Game. :lol:

OJ was really the first black athlete to buid a brand but the way he did it was by being a coward and c**n.

I didn't know he was doing that well in prison

The intro made it seem like he might have a shot of getting out

I didn't know he was doing that well in prison

The intro made it seem like he might have a shot of getting out

If Im not mistaken hes up for parole next year... Impatiently waiting for all five parts to pop up on WatchESPN.

What he's doing isn't much different than the approach MJ is taking (I may be wrong). I've never seen jordan speak on any type of injustice or racial matters; he just minds his business and makes his bread. I've seen others make this criticism of him. I don't know, I'm not here to judge anyone. I don't know what they go through as celebrities.

I do admit that oj didn't 'get it' in terms of realizing that he had superhuman gifts that the average person didn't possess. Many talented people have this issue, i think.

What he's doing isn't much different than the approach MJ is taking (I may be wrong). I've never seen jordan speak on any type of injustice or racial matters; he just minds his business and makes his bread. I've seen others make this criticism of him. I don't know, I'm not here to judge anyone. I don't know what they go through as celebrities.

I do admit that oj didn't 'get it' in terms of realizing that he had superhuman gifts that the average person didn't possess. Many talented people have this issue, i think.

I dont think you're wrong per se, but would seem tough to compare doing that in 1968 vs. 20-30 yrs later in 88-98, but i get what you're saying

Last edited:
One of the best OJ Docs I seen was OJ A studied in black and white..it was on HBO a few years back...

But this probably surpassed it already..it pretty much touched on a lot of the same things but this one is a little bit more in depth tho.

And I felt his childhood friend brought the goods...He knew the people around OJ was fake...and the white women was only messing with him because who he were.

And Im kinda not surprised by blacks of the times not being fans of MLK..a lot blacks wasn't fans of his preaching of being nonviolent towards whites.

Loved this doc. HBO used to play the hell out of it.
View media item 2068602

That coach wanting OJ to play receiver 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

no wonder why he had ****** rushing yards his first few years in the the league

Last edited:
Stephen A of all people even called OJ a sellout. Funny coming from him, when that's how some folks feel about him. :lol:

Documentary is letting me in on how cold OJ was on the football field. Always heard how dope he was, but never went and sought out video to check for myself. Part 1 let me see a bit of how much of a beast buddy was, the way he was hurdling over cats and the way he cut and ****. First i knew of OJ was Naked Gun movie, then the case in the 90's so his football career was secondary to me. Dude legit was the first black star athlete back in the 70's. Still wild tho because he let them people market him to be the anti revolutionary athlete, in a time where pro-black athletes like Jabbar, Ali, Jim brown etc were taking a stand and willing to risk their livelihood to stand up for the people. Loved the history being dropped too, how his family came from the South to Cali and found out quickly **** wasn't sweet in Cali neither, racism wasn't as blatant, but ish was still very real out there. Excited for the rest, probably won't binge it tho...watch it an episode a day, so i can let it all soak in.

"He's African...but ...he's a good looking man. He almost, you know.....has white features. He wasn't the the typical black look. African look."

That old white dude said this in part one. In 2016. The hell? :smh: :lol:.

"He's African...but ...he's a good looking man. He almost, you know.....has white features. He wasn't the the typical black look. African look."

That old white dude said this in part one. In 2016. The hell? :smh: :lol:.

Bruh...me and my bro looked at each other like :wow: :lol: :smh: when he said that.

He said it w/ no hesitation, thinking there was NOTHING wrong w/ his comments!

I agree on the MJ stance. He's never voiced his opinions on race, politics and injustice. He's content with making money and not stepping on white folks toes. Some folks glorify him but he hasn't done much for blacks ( social issues). Imagine this guy going to different areas influencing voting, etc.. Say what you say about Lebron. Atleast I've seen this dude voice his opinions on social matters. He was very active in the voting thing involving Obama. I really like that about him.

Bruh...me and my bro looked at each other like :wow: :lol: :smh: when he said that.

He said it w/ no hesitation, thinking there was NOTHING wrong w/ his comments!

Man, I had to run it back a few times thinking it wasn't some 60's news clip. Surprising and not surprising at the same time.

That old white dude said this in part one. In 2016. The hell?
mean.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
**** made absolutely no sense.

Did they  just say one of the reasons why he left his wife was to get over his daughter drowning???

Back
Top Bottom