NT What Are Your Opinions on the Confederate Flag?

I dont really have a problem with it. I see southerners who moved here to west fly is proudly. Some people may have a problem with it because those not from the south associate it with racism, slavery, rednecks, hillibillys etc etc

I think it's become one of those memorabilia type items... like Duke's of Hazard kinda thing. I agree that it does represent some sort of ignorance and I don't think that some people have it to be disrespectful, just because they think it's cool -

I think it's become one of those memorabilia type items... like Duke's of Hazard kinda thing. I agree that it does represent some sort of ignorance and I don't think that some people have it to be disrespectful, just because they think it's cool -

The only place that the stars and bars don't bother me is on top of the General Lee.

general_lee_6.jpg

I'm not a fan of seeing it anywhere else.

The only place that the stars and bars don't bother me is on top of the General Lee.

general_lee_6.jpg

I'm not a fan of seeing it anywhere else.

USC though?
You see it a lot down here, even on the highway you just see it waving. I don't think too much of it anymore.
Don't really see why anyone would want to be proud of it but whatev

USC though?
You see it a lot down here, even on the highway you just see it waving. I don't think too much of it anymore.
Don't really see why anyone would want to be proud of it but whatev

Pure trash, growing up in AL and now residing in FL, just boggles my mind how much PRIDE is taken in something that represented so much hatred. Just a product of living in the backwards #@* deep South, hell they have a state holiday in Bama for Confederate Memorial Day and celebrate Robert E. Lee's birthday the same day as MLK and a holiday for Jefferson Davis as well.

Pure trash, growing up in AL and now residing in FL, just boggles my mind how much PRIDE is taken in something that represented so much hatred. Just a product of living in the backwards #@* deep South, hell they have a state holiday in Bama for Confederate Memorial Day and celebrate Robert E. Lee's birthday the same day as MLK and a holiday for Jefferson Davis as well.

I hate the INDIRECT association to racism that it carries, because I can't get past it......... and yet I can understand why someone would rep the Confederacy without necessarily repping racism. It's like that sometimes. Some things aren't always...well.. black and white.

I hate the INDIRECT association to racism that it carries, because I can't get past it......... and yet I can understand why someone would rep the Confederacy without necessarily repping racism. It's like that sometimes. Some things aren't always...well.. black and white.

I live in the PNW and surprisingly theres a lot of people who fly the confederate flag like its nuthin...

A lot of those people however are young rednecks who think it represents being 'a country boy.' Having a lifted toyota with oversized tires filled with beer cans in the back doesnt make you southern
indifferent.gif
Ive even seen a kid with a huge effin flag flying from his antenna. Im sure he got a few looks..

My thoughts?
I dont care for it. Mainly because the people that fly it here act like them > anyone else. Aka supremecy. So whatever with it. However, in a historical view, I can understand people wanting to remember their heritage. Just dont get caught up in the wrong reasons and remember it as a reason for racism or whatever.

I live in the PNW and surprisingly theres a lot of people who fly the confederate flag like its nuthin...

A lot of those people however are young rednecks who think it represents being 'a country boy.' Having a lifted toyota with oversized tires filled with beer cans in the back doesnt make you southern
indifferent.gif
Ive even seen a kid with a huge effin flag flying from his antenna. Im sure he got a few looks..

My thoughts?
I dont care for it. Mainly because the people that fly it here act like them > anyone else. Aka supremecy. So whatever with it. However, in a historical view, I can understand people wanting to remember their heritage. Just dont get caught up in the wrong reasons and remember it as a reason for racism or whatever.

one could argue that it represents state's rights over government control... but 99% chance that whoever is displaying the flag is not thinking that

one could argue that it represents state's rights over government control... but 99% chance that whoever is displaying the flag is not thinking that

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I've been here my whole life and never heard of that.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I've been here my whole life and never heard of that.

I see people wearing it at school everyday, Doesn't bother me.

Most people I know just wear it for tradition, they not about that life,

They actually pretty cool dudes when you chill with them, and the girls could get it
pimp.gif

I see people wearing it at school everyday, Doesn't bother me.

Most people I know just wear it for tradition, they not about that life,

They actually pretty cool dudes when you chill with them, and the girls could get it
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom