NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

16B7F7C0-0445-42BA-B660-4B052D0A65AE.jpeg

Adjuncts more subtle than I was expecting but still comes through. The base beer is still there, overall very good.

Only variant I wanted was the Double Barrell and its not available in bottles. Luckily all of them, DB included, are widely available on draft in PA.

sucks that the regular is such a good value and the variants are double the price. This is a rare case where draft is cheaper. All variants are around $7 for an 8 oz pour my way

Only variant I wanted was the Double Barrell and its not available in bottles. Luckily all of them, DB included, are widely available on draft in PA.

sucks that the regular is such a good value and the variants are double the price. This is a rare case where draft is cheaper. All variants are around $7 for an 8 oz pour my way
Which is even better, because that's about as much as I'd want to drink of those beers. :lol:

Stopped by Other Half yesterday for a drink before heading to Hometown BBQ. I don't know how people hang out and drink there on a Saturday. Packed wall-to-wall, 15-20 minutes to get a drink, super loud, and oppressively hot. Maybe I'm just an old man these days, but that's pretty much the complete opposite atmosphere I want to hang out in.

^it's actually pretty overrated IMO 🤷‍♂️

good, yes...but overrated
I dont know if overrated is the right term. I just think a lot of local breweries have caught up. However, I will say that the core offerings like ACE and Space Diamonds are the best representations of their respective single hop variety. Everything else is good but wouldn't go out of my way to get.

Treehouse is the only brewery I will go out of my way to trade for when it comes to IPAs because the softness and drinkability is something I have yet to see matched by any other brewery

Anybody do Tavour?

I got $25 credit from my secret Santa at work...was able to tack on an additional $10 with a promo code I found online :D

^it's actually pretty overrated IMO 🤷‍♂️

good, yes...but overrated
I dont know if overrated is the right term. I just think a lot of local breweries have caught up. However, I will say that the core offerings like ACE and Space Diamonds are the best representations of their respective single hop variety. Everything else is good but wouldn't go out of my way to get.

Treehouse is the only brewery I will go out of my way to trade for when it comes to IPAs because the softness and drinkability is something I have yet to see matched by any other brewery

you guys make me feel very spoiled.
all of my friends are soooooo into treehouse all of a sudden when I tried to introduce them into TH years ago, they wouldn’t budge to take a sip. Now, they’re buying cases of it every month or so. Good thing is, they just give me some of their cans hahaha

but damn I love OH so much. I’m still milking the 3 cases I got from my last trip there

I went to the Eagles game in DC yesterday and stopped at Downtown Crown and Wine in Gaithersburg, who receives weekly shipments direct from Other Half. Grabbed:

-Strawberry Cheesecake Berliner Weisse
-On the 15
-DDH Florets
-Velvet Magnum 3 (burial collab)

really wished they got some of the BA snowbirds in that shipment

They had Citra Daydream and Oh...Forever but I figured I’d take this opportunity to try some of the things I haven’t yet (like Florets)

(please excuse my filthy car :lol: )

245FD246-6712-4EE3-A565-D6084FE61099.jpeg

I went to the Eagles game in DC yesterday and stopped at Downtown Crown and Wine in Gaithersburg, who receives weekly shipments direct from Other Half. Grabbed:

-Strawberry Cheesecake Berliner Weisse
-On the 15
-DDH Florets
-Velvet Magnum 3 (burial collab)

really wished they got some of the BA snowbirds in that shipment

They had Citra Daydream and Oh...Forever but I figured I’d take this opportunity to try some of the things I haven’t yet (like Florets)

(please excuse my filthy car :lol: )

245FD246-6712-4EE3-A565-D6084FE61099.jpeg

my buddy went to OH yesterday and had sent me a message in case I wanted anything but I decided to pass

he still offered me some scraps, the three berliners they had, I think True Green, and I think the burial collab but declined though I'm kind of intrigued by the Gingerbread Crun Chee

also, offered me a few cans of recent TH he got from someone...Hail Santa, All Eyes Pointing Left and Down, and two orange creamsicle shakes

took only the shakes cause I was really interested in that one and I'm a sucker for shakes 🤷‍♂️

I think the main reason he drove 3+ hours there was because his sixtel of double Mosaic Daydreams kicked...he just tapped and checked in a pour of Oh Forever last night on Untappd :lol:

Anybody do Tavour?

I got $25 credit from my secret Santa at work...was able to tack on an additional $10 with a promo code I found online :D
Hey I have the same question. Are there any other services that offer a similar monthly selection? I’ve always wanted to get into different beers, I sometimes feel limited to breweries that are sold at Trader Joe’s

Hey I have the same question. Are there any other services that offer a similar monthly selection? I’ve always wanted to get into different beers, I sometimes feel limited to breweries that are sold at Trader Joe’s
Tavour is not monthly

They have 2-3 new beers added daily and you only select the ones you want

They automatically ship a few weeks after you added beers to your crate and shipping is a flat rate of $14.90 regardless of the number of beers you’re getting

They have beer from all over and it’s mostly small batch stuff that gets limited to no distribution

You have the option shipping sooner if you wish

I have a referral code if anyone is interested, you get a $10 credit after making your first purchase

Patiently waiting for my local to get BA Ten Fidy

The spot in DC had a four pack of it for $24. Should have just grabbed considering a single stovetop can retails for $12 in PA

Back
Top Bottom