NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

The Summer Solstice comes in a bottle as well...

Had it last night again, enjoyed it

I was at the Ghent Festival last week and saw some bar had Corona. Thought the name sounded familiar.

Straight horrible lol, €3.50 too. Glad we got some Desperados after. 
pimp.gif

Guiness is really starting to become one of my favorites I wasn't a big fan probably 3 yrs ago but it's easy in my top 5 right know, unfort. I only like it from the bar can or bottle it just doesn't taste right

But Sam Adams ocktoberfest is back my favorite beer

Guiness is really starting to become one of my favorites I wasn't a big fan probably 3 yrs ago but it's easy in my top 5 right know, unfort. I only like it from the bar can or bottle it just doesn't taste right

But Sam Adams ocktoberfest is back my favorite beer

Was going to say, Guiness is best served draft. It's the consistency and freshness.

Not sure where my Summer beer, Honey Moon (Blue Moon with honey) is but no store carries it. CRAP.

Had some Hoegaarden last night :pimp:

I have two bottles of 2012 Sucaba that I'm aging right now.  Someone give me a good reason why I shouldn't drink one of them.

Quote:

Oberon is pretty good... When it was a rare find about a decade ago, it was so flavorful... It has taken a hit now that they are producing so much more

I agree 100%. Bell's and Oberon is general is getting too big for me to consider them "craft".  Much rather have a Short's.

Last edited:
From my time in Grand Rapids.

Brewery Vivant flight on the left. Big Red Coq, Belgian Wit, Maple Amber Ale, and there was a Jack Daniels Barrel aged beer.

Founder's Red Rye on the right.

I enjoyed Brewery Vivant more than Founder's.

-J-
Big Red Coq is one of my favorites.  Glad they made it a year round release.

I tasted that Rubaeus when I was at Founder's. I liked it, but there is no way I could drink an entire pint or bottle of it. Way too sweet for me.

-J-

Weekly Rundown

You really think Enjoy By is similar to Sucks? Enjoy By is close to being a hop bomb to me, Sucks is on the other end of the spectrum and is super drinkable.
:x

• Bomber try #2 just as impressive as #1. My direct comparison came from the well hidden hops and easy drinkability of both beers. Fact sheet does say however, Stone is 9.4%abv and 88 IBU while the Sucks is 7.8% ABV and 63 IBU. So the hop factor is definitely higher. A quick tasting of Enjoy by and another 7.2%/ 100 IBU beer did show that the Stone beer had quite a bit more drinkability. The Hop/ABV ratio is key 8). Given the Stone's higher ABV/IBU, I felt the drinkablity factor was still there, and well within the range of Sucks.
  • Well's Banana Beer tastes like those Popsicles in the variety pack. Artificial taste x 100. Yuck
  • One of my cities more prominent beer stores actually had some Ten FIDY sitting right in the corner of the refrigerated beer section. A quick side by side with the Stone RIS shows that Ten FIDY is quite a bit thicker, more velvety, and smooth. Stone tended to be a bit more carbonated. Both had around the same ABV, and were both easy to drink top notch Imperial Stouts. Other than Founders BF Stout, drinking the Ten Fidy is quite a treat. Nothing but smiles as you sip that down. Funny Note. This beer store is known to get new releases all the time. It appears that the Ten Fidy never made it past the first canned release.. 9/24/12 read these cans.. Cans from Total Wine before they ran out in June stated 1/15/13. Who am I to complain? Of all the beers there, the best one never gets sold. Weird how that works. No hype for it yet I guess.
  • IPA Day year #3, I was a no show once again. I drink too many IPAs during the year to actually designate a day for the beer. I drank Pilsners instead lol.
  • Went by three new local breweries around my way, and one I always tend to try to avoid.. Looks like I haven't gone there in months-years for good reason. One place had undercarbonated and warm beer. Another place had 10 choices with none of them really being their signature beer. Another place had signature beers that was just okay. Great atmosphere so I was okay drinking the stuff. The last place had solid food and a stout that was servicable.. In fact, I drank a pint of stout at each place. That seems to be the only style that brewers can't go wrong with.
  • Weihenstephaner Vitus Weizenbock blows my mind once again.. A small 17oz "bomber" is all they come in.. It's really just an amped up hefeweizen. 7.7% ABV with that banana and clove flavor coming through. It's quite the treat

Last edited:
Weekly Rundown
You really think Enjoy By is similar to Sucks? Enjoy By is close to being a hop bomb to me, Sucks is on the other end of the spectrum and is super drinkable.
sick.gif
  • Bomber try #2 just as impressive as #1. My direct comparison came from the well hidden hops and easy drinkability of both beers. Fact sheet does say however, Stone is 9.4%abv and 88 IBU while the Sucks is 7.8% ABV and 63 IBU. So the hop factor is definitely higher. A quick tasting of Enjoy by and another 7.2%/ 100 IBU beer did show that the Stone beer had quite a bit more drinkability. The Hop/ABV ratio is key
    glasses.gif
    . Given the Stone's higher ABV/IBU, I felt the drinkablity factor was still there, and well within the range of Sucks.
  • Well's Banana Beer tastes like those Popsicles in the variety pack. Artificial taste x 100. Yuck
  • One of my cities more prominent beer stores actually had some Ten FIDY sitting right in the corner of the refrigerated beer section. A quick side by side with the Stone RIS shows that Ten FIDY is quite a bit thicker, more velvety, and smooth. Stone tended to be a bit more carbonated. Both had around the same ABV, and were both easy to drink top notch Imperial Stouts. Other than Founders BF Stout, drinking the Ten Fidy is quite a treat. Nothing but smiles as you sip that down. Funny Note. This beer store is known to get new releases all the time. It appears that the Ten Fidy never made it past the first canned release.. 9/24/12 read these cans.. Cans from Total Wine before they ran out in June stated 1/15/13. Who am I to complain? Of all the beers there, the best one never gets sold. Weird how that works. No hype for it yet I guess.
  • IPA Day year #3, I was a no show once again. I drink too many IPAs during the year to actually designate a day for the beer. I drank Pilsners instead lol.
  • Went by three new local breweries around my way, and one I always tend to try to avoid.. Looks like I haven't gone there in months-years for good reason. One place had undercarbonated and warm beer. Another place had 10 choices with none of them really being their signature beer. Another place had signature beers that was just okay. Great atmosphere so I was okay drinking the stuff. The last place had solid food and a stout that was servicable.. In fact, I drank a pint of stout at each place. That seems to be the only style that brewers can't go wrong with.
  • Weihenstephaner Vitus Weizenbock blows my mind once again.. A small 17oz "bomber" is all they come in.. It's really just an amped up hefeweizen. 7.7% ABV with that banana and clove flavor coming through. It's quite the treat
I love when people sleep on an awesome beer.  Backwoods Bastard is a perfect example.  Can't wait to stock up when it's released this fall.

Back
Top Bottom