NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

do you guys chill your glasses before drinking or not...?
No.  

My beer is already cold.  I tend to crack a beer and pour it when it's a little too cold, then let it warm up over time so the flavors open up.  A pre-chilled glass only serves to further mute the flavors on an already cold beer.  I could see the benefit of using a chilled mug/glass on a beer that doesn't taste particularly good, but not on a beer you want to sip and savor.

Stopped at Joe Canal's in West Deptford, NJ on the way to the shore

Here's my haul:

Just a bit outside of Philly...good prices and selection

They have a growler fill station to which they update pretty regularly on Facebook

Really wanted Carton Brewing but didn't exp them to have it in stock
I spy some Breaking Bud. Knee Deep is definitely my favorite brewery right now. If you're in to these west coast super hoppy IPA's, I recommend their Simtra, Lupulin River, Hoparillo, and Hop-deranged if you're looking for a big time buzz.

Xocoveza Charred & Xocoveza Extra Añejo 7/26 @11am at all 5 Stone locations (4 in SD & Pasadena)

Love seeing the Knee Deep appreciation :pimp:

My childhood friend's bro is the head brewer there :smile:

Hook me up with some growlers brah.

Xocoveza Charred & Xocoveza Extra Añejo 7/26 @11am at all 5 Stone locations (4 in SD & Pasadena)

Bottled or tap? Hope they bring back the original and in mass quantities this time. Not so sure about the anejo one though. Does that mean aged in tequila barrels? :x

Bottles. No plans on bringing the original back....yet.
The Charred is aged in bourbon barrels. The Anejo is aged in tequila barrels that previously held red wine. That might be a head scratcher...

Been in FL all week on a business trip.

Drinking as mush cigar city, terrapin and bell's as possible (they don't distribute to TX).

Gotta say Jai Alai might be my favorite of the week. Had it from a fresh keg last night and might have gotten carried away while at dinner with coworkers.

Been in FL all week on a business trip.

Drinking as mush cigar city, terrapin and bell's as possible (they don't distribute to TX).

Gotta say Jai Alai might be my favorite of the week. Had it from a fresh keg last night and might have gotten carried away while at dinner with coworkers.

You try their Tocobaga? That stuff is good. I like it a lot more than Jai Alai.

Xocoveza was one of my favorite beers last year. :smokin

I really wish I could find some of that Pumpking in SoCal. :smh:

@mvnsn how far away is Tree House? Do you have any to trade by chance? I live about an hour away from Toppling Goliath....if you've heard of them....

Nice, just not quite ready for fall bears yet

Warlock in 4 packs?
aha!

anyone in NY or CT area ever go to Big Brew NY Beer Fest? if so, how is it?

noticed the tickets for sale on Groupon this morning for September 19 but I think you can buy direct for cheaper for a limited time

If a baby cant make the cut, I don't want devils, unicorns, skeleton bodies, wizards, fonts that literally replicate what the Disney logo is all about, colors that are too kid friendly (crayola reference) or even animals.. Half of what I drink, many around me have to question if its beer or not.. I think we need to go back to strict generic labels.

Light check up on this thread. Ive been mostly posting on untappd. Lots of re checkins. I love the hell out of GF sculpin at this point.. Stillwater, Against the Grain, and some Evil Twin hit my area last week. I picked up some Citra A D, MO no, and some Molotov lite.. So far, a touch over rated considering its price point. I have no qualms with drinking Lagunitas, SN, and a few local breweries IPAs.. I dont even think I checked in with yall about some recent IPA challenge endevours. In total, I went to three of the 4 main events. Total blind sampling (you do get to see the beer color through the plastic cups). But its more of a pick your favorite event. I had a different favorite each time but my top 5 and bottom 5 seemed to stay consistent. So I do feel drinking IPAs over the last 3-4 years has helped me fine tune what I like, and ultimately everyone else. I picked what was deemed the favorite on the last day of the event out of 15 other beers. Citrus, some Dank onion notes, and ultimately a tropical mid palate flavor is what won out.. And it happened to be 6.5%. So DIPAs may be out

Other Half is having a can release of All Green Everything and Galaxy IPA today at 5:00 PM and here I am cracking open an All Green Everything at 4:55.  The perks of living two minutes away from Other Half's only authorized retail spot for cans. 
pimp.gif

This is MUCH better than I remembered it being.  I seem to like it more and more every time I have it.

Last edited:
Redd Green Apple Ale Is Crack [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] nice and crisp :smokin

Back
Top Bottom