NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I've still only had my 1 stop this year. I've passed on quiet a bit myself. Not sure of the savings but I'd guess a couple two/tree hunna :lol:

Just trying to drink what I have but I am over due for a trip for some "normal" beer.

Dope! Every time I go into any store I always hope I find something like this. Not necessarily BCS but something rare or older. 

I drank my coffee from 2014 a few months ago and the coffee faded away a lot

I was deffinetly a fan of this.

I frequent the WOB near my place here in Orlando but it's really expensive compared to going to a brewery and picking some up.

Hello Brothers! On NT since 00' when Jordan Forum was what General is today! I gave up shoes a long time ago! I finally found a new thing to obsess over the last few years. CRAFT BEER! I never post but this thread brought be back!
Here's my Northern Virginia Fridge! #703

Hello Brothers! On NT since 00' when Jordan Forum was what General is today! I gave up shoes a long time ago! I finally found a new thing to obsess over the last few years. CRAFT BEER! I never post but this thread brought be back!

hey man! this thread is a huge part of what brought me back as well. jealous of the DuClaw. how is the Founders Azacca? it's everywhere here, of course, but I haven't tried it yet.

I drank my coffee from 2014 a few months ago and the coffee faded away a lot

Yeah figured the coffee will fade but said what the heck. Only had BCBCS once which was a 2013 bottle that I got from a trade with Wally. This will be a nice revisit.

how is the Founders Azacca? it's everywhere here, of course, but I haven't tried it yet.

I thought it was ok. Got some floral, spicy and citrus notes. Nothing special imo.

Picked these up.
How is that Pump[KY]n? My spot had one left just sitting there and I picked it up and then put it back down for a 4 pack of FBS. 

I stopped in yesterday to try and snag a Barrel Aged Prairie Bomb! (which I didn't even know they had) but was gone. 

Anyone try it? I'm super curious because the regular is perfect and xmas Bomb! is pretty solid too.

Since I had that Ten Fiddy not too long ago, I grabbed 2 4-packs of that and 1 4-pack FBS. They had one Ten Fiddy I left for myself next time but I gotta say that might be one of favorite go to "daily" Stouts as long as I can keep it in the fridge 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
tried the peanut butter victory at sea, didnt really do anything for me. victory at rye was legit tho.

I stopped in yesterday to try and snag a Barrel Aged Prairie Bomb! (which I didn't even know they had) but was gone. 

Anyone try it? I'm super curious because the regular is perfect and xmas Bomb! is pretty solid too.
sounds scary. 
laugh.gif
 BOMB! is already pretty strong.

Coffee based beers seem to be much like IPAs imho. They fade. FBS, at a year old is kind of a let down. 2013 BCBCS at just 5 months old was losing its luster.

I'm leery of what BP does with these "special" release beers. I have heard its just regular sculpin with actual juice/extract added. I sorta do the same thing when I got a FBS keg and added my own xoco spices.. Peppermint at sea may just be some added sonic mints to the last bit of the boil. But if enhances a product, why not?

---------
Prepping for a big weekend in sports
2my1d1e.jpg

This is what $61 dollars gets you where I live
-Otra Vez has been on my try list. Finally found a single
-Same with Lugenes choc. milk stout. Ive been buying it for years. But this time, I feel one is enough.
-Weihenstephaner was nearly wiped out in my store.. Kind of odd. Vitus was still there. Pricey at $4/500ml
-Original was the only sixer set they had left. Luckily it was the one I wanted.
-I wanted to get back to the basics with many regularly available IPAs that are less than $8/sixer.
-Modus as I remember it is a pine citrus bomb. Worth a seemingly fresh retry.
-I have not tried Modus Mand. So a compare and contrast will be nice.
-Hop nosh is quite underappreciated, even by me. Giving a straight six pack go,
-In an odd move, I bought my first BP since their buyout. 11 day old GF sculpin is very very tough to pass up.. Meanwhile their cans are sitting at nearly 40 days old.
-3 day old elevated rounds it out. It feels like I buy a case a week lol.

I didnt get hit with snow but I am planning a slight rehoard :wink:. If you come around my house, you better like crisp pils, chocolate coffee stouts, or IPAs. I don't have much else

Sure beats going to the brewery for the same price imho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom