NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

My treat this am after a 13hr shift. Last years tasted a lot fuller.

Last edited:
Spoke too soon. Weekends can do that to you. Heard from a buddy the FW stuff is possibly as fresh as we will ever see it again. Most around 7/8 bottle dated. Could not say no.
looked for singles of most. But couldn't get them all

2 pivo, union, luponic, double jack in larger buys. Opal, wookey, Dba, pale31, easy jack in singles. This may be my one and only mass buy of the year for FW. And blood orange gose, I had to rebuy

Part of me sympathizes, and the other part of me wants to tell you to knock it off.  I've cut back significantly in favor of diet and exercise, but a few beers once a week isn't going to kill your "gains."

No matter what I say or think, follow your heart.  Who the **** am I, anyway? 

I've put on lbs/lost lbs. My key was calorie awareness. Even some smaller 12 oz. offerings of solid 7% beers will truly have you working in the gym 20 minutes longer, or an extra mile on the bike. Everyone has their cheat foods, or cheat days. I think the fitday app has the ability to scan many of the skus of readily available beers out there. Make adjustments. Enjoy life as you see fit. It's a tough balance. For some, 3 beers on a friday night is so stress releaving, it's worth the non gainz. Just don't be that douche bag wanting MGD 64, but eventually drinking a 12er of them. Calories in beer is pretty simple. The higher the ABV, the higher the carbs, hence more caloric value.

There is some sort of breakdown I was looking at awhile back. Your enjoyment vs. calories. Bud light is 110 calories for 12 oz. A founders breakfast stout is around 250. FBS is basically two BL on a abv scale, so that has to have some relevance to what you want to enjoy.

Beer as a whole is a bad thing for a dieter/healthy person. You should stick to gin and tonics, or rum and cokes. Or just realize, if anything bad is going on with your diet, beer may be the one thing that is worth it the most.
---------

Union Jack at 9 days old. Top 15 IPA I've ever had. It's gotta be the freshness because lagunitas sucks is often at that level. SO I guess for now, I enjoy the newness of these beers to my area. ANd I wont dredge about the life that I see Founders has become. No one touches their IPAs here. Most are May bottled on at the moment.

Pivo Pils. So so so so comparable to a local pils. The local has all the awards and such from GABF/WBC/ Pivo has the name, following, marketing, and BA score. I want to call this one really really close. A blind is needed.

I pretty much don't see another disappointment out of this FW tasting. They brought the heat, and I'm rewarding them financially

Last edited:
Tonight. I'm feeling good right now. Have a good weekend folks.

Monkish Fruit Cart and Canceling Cats IPA.

Sipping on this tonight. Getting more guava than passion fruit. My fave of the Fruitlands series thus far.

I have been a big fan of the even more Denmark series since 2013, although I didn't like the 2014 style. I must have refilled my 32 oz growler with even more Denmark over 20 times this year since the price was always low. I decided to try it bottled since it is no longer on tap and taste way more orange, like an orange chocolate bar

So I ran through the Firestone Walker pale ales and IPAs rather quickly.

I must say, all very good. But WOW do they all nearly taste the same. Very light malt flavor. Sorta dry. IT gives off a Ballast Point vibe or Stone vibe in some way.

Easy Jack. probably too light for my liking
Pale 31. Right near my bottom threshold for that style.

Overriding theme of citrus on an IPA front.

Luponic distortion. Just slightly different than union jack, which I had first and seemed to love.
Double Jack may be at that upper threshold. Almost too much booze. Union sits in perfect balance
Pivo may be my favorite, as it is basically the same beer as a local beer (marble pilsner). The local beer isnt always available so to see another quality pils in town makes me happier than the IPAs.

In closing, I have a Opal, a wookey, and a DBA left, along with some left overs from the sixers of the APAs/IPAs.. I don't think I want or need to revisit the IPAs. Even as fresh Union jack is a top 15 IPA for me, I just dont see me getting it any fresher ever again.. I will definitely jump at Pivo though. Very fun try. But most do nothing for me. The FW hype is dead until their cardboard bomber series comes here.

The blood orange cache is nearly gone:smh: The hype on that is REAL for me.

Last edited:
Got beer mail today:

Second time I traded with this guy and second time the initial package wasn't delivered due to damage...happened at the same fedex facility too

Initial package was supposed to have coffee break abduction and cassian sunset bba stout which I was really looking forward to trying

Several of the beers he ended up sending as replacements I'm not familiar with but I'm looking forward to trying the pipeworks double IPA bombers

^^ That CW cassian sunset bba stout is one of my favorites. I still have two bottles left and I'm trying to save them for as along as I can or until I can luckily get another 4 pack.

finally had a saterday off from work and went to other half for the first time. got there a little after 2 and missed "!" by just a few minutes but got 8 four packs of all green everything and 4 four packs of showers, also picked up by and by just to try it. I wanted to try neighborhood flock but wasn't trying to pay 15 for it

hop showers is delicious, very nice balance. I had stacks on stacks on tap and it wasn't as good as the batch I had last summer. also had double mosaic dream on tap which was nice but it had a little too much fruity taste on the end.

finally had a saterday off from work and went to other half for the first time. got there a little after 2 and missed "!" by just a few minutes but got 8 four packs of all green everything and 4 four packs of showers, also picked up by and by just to try it. I wanted to try neighborhood flock but wasn't trying to pay 15 for it
Jealous.  I missed out on today's release.  Love AGE and Hop Showers.  Hit me up if you're interested in trading.

Fridge cleaning before I head out east. A glimpse into the life of what I drink on a regular Friday night basis

Pivo is a beast. 12er done in a weeks time it seems like. Super drinkable.
Down to just 6 FBS. Tasting SUPERB!
Opal very solid and unique flavor. FW has no duds. Only two FW products seem to stick but what a great competitor to my local scene.
A local, the Marble White out has this lilikopeli (sp?) Avery type passion fruit flavor. It says it was brewed with Curacao orange peels. 9% double witbier. Crazy scary good. Somewhat pricey one time sort of bomber, which is no fun once you drink it and want more

Been meaning to jump into these imperial stouts that I got in a trade awhile back

Ive only ever had the BOMB twice. The others are all brand new.

-------------
Sorta quit untappd. It was getting away from being fun. Ultra competitive on trying to outdo strangers lol. Plus actually documenting each drink makes me look really really bad in that alcoholic sense lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom