NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

For tonight's fights.
Probably won't make it to the main card so i think I'm guna make another run and get some Guinness just for main event lol

Let's see what the hype is about on that Born Yesterday.

DBC is back around my way. You know what that means, right?

Let the mixing begin. I haven't even had a solo dbc yet but I want to mix it asap.
It's a pricey SOB at $11/4 pack, yet doesnt quite have the ABV yield as XOCO or FBS. Still good. but its a tough buy imho.
-----
I really feel TW is trying to kill me. They have a $10 off if you spend $50 coupon, good thru the end of thanksgiving week. Valid on pretty much anything. It amounts to like $1.75-$2 off already decently priced sixers. Yall don't want to see what I bought. Gaming the system HARD.

---
Speaking of DbC, I have a can from last year. I may try a side by side tomorrow. I did a blind side by side yesterday with last years and this years Xocoveza. I think I preferred the one with age on it. Less of a ibu bite. It felt less thin, more refined. It definitely didnt fall off like I thought it would. That gives me hope my cpl of cases of xocoveza can last through the summer

Last edited:

Strange, my TW didn't have celebration nor Born Yesterday so I went with this. Can't say I'm too upset about it, this stuff is awesome. A must try if you find yourself in Florida.

My beer stash has been dwindling lately as well.  Just bought a new car this week, so I'm trying to live my life in a more frugal fashion now.  Been doing a lot of fridge and cellar cleaning as of late.  I don't think I'll stop going to Other Half or Sand City, but my hauls will definitely be much smaller than what I've been coming home with.  

Congrats on the new whip! Probably passing on this years Bourbon County as well. Getting married in January and this wedding is pretty much taking all my money :lol:

My beer stash has been dwindling lately as well.  Just bought a new car this week, so I'm trying to live my life in a more frugal fashion now.  Been doing a lot of fridge and cellar cleaning as of late.  I don't think I'll stop going to Other Half or Sand City, but my hauls will definitely be much smaller than what I've been coming home with.  
Congrats on the new whip! Probably passing on this years Bourbon County as well. Getting married in January and this wedding is pretty much taking all my money
laugh.gif
Awesome news, man.  Congratulations!

Strange, my TW didn't have celebration nor Born Yesterday so I went with this. Can't say I'm too upset about it, this stuff is awesome. A must try if you find yourself in Florida.

Absolutely love that stuff. Smuggled a few sixers back on a recent business trip to Orlando.

Mega Mix is the beer I've missed most since moving to Atlanta.

The two Wicked Weed sours I had yesterday were amazing (Omnipresence and Recurrant). I've been on a sour kick for about a month. Go to has been 3 Taverns Rapturous.

Last edited:
Getting a little chilly down here in Atlanta, have been stocking up on stouts to prepare. Burnt Hickory Brewery Big Shanty. Cheers fellas.

This happened last night. My one and only bottle. Sitting on it for 2 years. And it was glorious. Vanilla and fudge and bourbon and marshmallows.

This happened last night. My one and only bottle. Sitting on it for 2 years. And it was glorious. Vanilla and fudge and bourbon and marshmallows.

impressive patience, I am only able to save a beer if I have two of them, always too tempting to try it first

Went to Vermont this weekend with some friends. Stopped at the alchemist and hill farmstead among others. Came home with quite a bit of beer haha

I went to FoBaB (Festival of Wood and Barrel Aged Beers) on Saturday. This was my second year going and it was a great time. It seemed to be a bit more crowded than last year but I was still able to try a ton. If you're a fan of any styles that spend time in barrels I'd definitely recommend attending in the future.

I tried to record what I had on the program/notes in my phone.

My standouts were Parabajava, '13 Prop, BA Ten Tidy, and Peach Climacteric

Firestone Walker -Parabajava
Jackie O’s - Oro Negro
Jackie O’s - Champion Ground
Jackie O's -Oil of Aphrodite
Fremont - Dark Star
Fremont - Dark Star Spice Wars
Fremont- B-Bomb
Odd Side Ales - Rye Hipster
Perrin - No Rules
18th Street – Hunter w/ Vanilla
Marz - BA Bubbly Creek
Weldwerks - Peach Climacteric
Woodfour - Quercus Reserve Fragaria
Deschutes - Dissident
Mikerphone –Dynamite With A Laser Beam
Upland - Oak Brux
Oskar Blues - BA Ten Fidy
Wild Onion - BA Jack Stout
Upland - Oak Brux
Goose Island – BCS ‘16
Goose Island – BCS ‘14 Prop
Goose Island – BCS 13 Templeton Ry
Free Will -Olly
Half Acre - Benthic
Mikerphone -Dynamite
ATG -Bo and Luke
MKE -Gin Barrel O Gii
Ballast Point - Single Malt Whiskey Victory at Sea
3 Sheeps - Rum Barrel Ewephoria

Last edited:
I went to FoBaB (Festival of Wood and Barrel Aged Beers) on Saturday. This was my second year going and it was a great time. It seemed to be a bit more crowded than last year but I was still able to try a ton. If you're a fan of any styles that spend time in barrels I'd definitely recommend attending in the future.

Firestone Walker -Parabajava
Jackie O’s - Oro Negro
Jackie O’s - Champion Ground
Jackie O's -Oil of Aphrodite
Fremont - Dark Star
Fremont - Dark Star Spice Wars
Fremont- B-Bomb
Odd Side Ales - Rye Hipster
Perrin - No Rules
18th Street – Hunter w/ Vanilla
Marz - BA Bubbly Creek
Weldwerks - Peach Climacteric
Woodfour - Quercus Reserve Fragaria
Deschutes - Dissident
Mikerphone –Dynamite With A Laser Beam
Upland - Oak Brux
Oskar Blues - BA Ten Fidy
Wild Onion - BA Jack Stout
Upland - Oak Brux
Goose Island – BCS ‘16
Goose Island – BCS ‘14 Prop
Goose Island – BCS 13 Templeton Ry
Free Will -Olly
Half Acre - Benthic
Mikerphone -Dynamite
ATG -Bo and Luke
MKE -Gin Barrel O Gii
Ballast Point - Single Malt Whiskey Victory at Sea
3 Sheeps - Rum Barrel Ewephoria

In one day? Jesus...
Even just a taster of each. Whoa.

Welp...I'm officially an Omnipollo fanboy:

Another banger right here.  This one is a peanut/biscuit imperial stout.  Smells like a mix between a Reese's peanut butter cup and a Snickers bar.  Taste is a nice mix of chocolate, caramel, peanut butter, vanilla, coffee, and roasted malts.  Definitely boozier than the NOA pecan mud cake beer they made, but I'm glad I bought two of these.  Expensive, but worth the experience.  I've been kind of over stouts as of late, but Omnipollo is pulling me balls deep back into them. Definitely the best brewery for dessert beers, if not the best brewery for stouts out there right now.  Every beer they release by me is pretty much a guaranteed purchase from here on out.  

Last edited:

Hell yeah...Weldwerks is freaking incredible. They're making my favorite beers in all of Colorado right now (Juicy Bits, Fruity Bits, Achromatic series, their Goses)...so good. Believe the hype y'all.

Back
Top Bottom