NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Walked to my local BevMo around 5pm today and snagged 2 bottles of BCBS. In and out in 5 mins. No variants unfortunately.

good flavors, may try mixing with xoco and fbs, I mixed a lic beer project wild style and higher burnin earlier, I was tasting different flavors every sip

Walked to my local BevMo around 5pm today and snagged 2 bottles of BCBS. In and out in 5 mins. No variants unfortunately.

I love barleywine but honestly the normal has always been my favorite. But from what I've been reading and some dudes I've been talking too, it seems the rush is slowIng down more and more each year. Not sure why, maybe because there are "special" beers every other month or whatever but my local spot guy it's it was actually one of the smallest lines they've ever had.

Last edited:
My guy did me right, hooked me up with a couple more of each just now. I've gotten more this year not tripping and chasing/waiting than I ever had :lol:
Maybe that's the secret.

Sort of off topic but I'm drinking this right now. This **** ain't no joke :lol:

I have had 2 (real) bottles for like 7-8 years just sitting and literally collecting dust and I'm sick of looking at it.

Last edited:
I love barleywine but honestly the normal has always been my favorite. But from what I've been reading and some dudes I've been talking too, it seems the rush is slowIng down more and more each year. Not sure why, maybe because there are "special" beers every other month or whatever but my local spot guy it's it was actually one of the smallest lines they've ever had.

I prefer the barleywine over regular as well but wasn't trying to scour or line up for it. I do remember local spots still having the regular months after the release so you may be right.

Local brewery (Alvarado Street Brewing) just started canning their beers. Picked up a 4-pack of their Mai Tai PA and Best Part of Waking Up Nitro Milk Stout w/coffee and vanilla beans (love the Folgers reference). Their Mai Tai PA won silver in 2016 and gold in 2015 in the GABF. Looking forward to trying these!

Last edited:
Copped a sixer of SA white Christmas for football Sunday. Not expecting much.

Anyone try blue moon's cappuccino stout? Started to get some till I saw the abv.

My guy did me right, hooked me up with a couple more of each just now. I've gotten more this year not tripping and chasing/waiting than I ever had
laugh.gif

Maybe that's the secret.

Sort of off topic but I'm drinking this right now. This **** ain't no joke
laugh.gif

I have had 2 (real) bottles for like 7-8 years just sitting and literally collecting dust and I'm sick of looking at it.
Red Bull and Absinth?

I've gotten into legal trouble with less. 
laugh.gif

Oh I have too man but I've never had Absinthe before and this **** is powerful and it's a different buzz; plus the beers and about 5/6 jack and cokes I had, I forgot I posted that until just now :lol:
That **** straight is wicked.

I'm gonna be in NYC this week. Anybody have bar, taproom, brewery, bottle shop recommendations? Looking to probably hit up Other Half and TORST in Brooklyn. I'm gonna be staying in Soho, but my buddy lives in Brooklyn so I'll be out there too.

Thanks

I'm gonna be in NYC this week. Anybody have bar, taproom, brewery, bottle shop recommendations? Looking to probably hit up Other Half and TORST in Brooklyn. I'm gonna be staying in Soho, but my buddy lives in Brooklyn so I'll be out there too.

Thanks
The Dead Rabbit in the financial district. Voted best bar in North America 2013-2016 and a personal fav

Last edited:
My favorite places to drink in Brooklyn are Threes and Torst by a pretty wide margin.  The Cannibal in Midtown is nice if you're looking to eat.  

^Love that beer.  Always make sure to buy a bottle when I go to Torst.  One of my favorite BA stouts of all time.  

Speaking of beers with a high price point, drinking this right now:

Not having the transcendental experience a lot of others seemed to have with this.  It's a nice BA stout, but that's about it.  Not really picking up too much maple.  It's sweet as ****, but to pull out a distinct maple flavor from that would be difficult.  This actually reminds me a lot of bourbon county.  If they made a coffee version of this it would probably be amazing, but I'm not totally sold on this one based off of my first impression.

Thanks
Rattle n Hum was pretty cool imo.

^Love that beer.  Always make sure to buy a bottle when I go to Torst.  One of my favorite BA stouts of all time.  

Speaking of beers with a high price point, drinking this right now:

Not having the transcendental experience a lot of others seemed to have with this.  It's a nice BA stout, but that's about it.  Not really picking up too much maple.  It's sweet as ****, but to pull out a distinct maple flavor from that would be difficult.  This actually reminds me a lot of bourbon county.  If they made a coffee version of this it would probably be amazing, but I'm not totally sold on this one based off of my first impression.
surprised it's 12 oz format rather than 22 oz

Back
Top Bottom