NT, what do you do for your depression?

A hard workout should take your mind off of depressing thoughts
Start reading fiction. A good way to keep your mind off of responsibilities

A hard workout should take your mind off of depressing thoughts
Start reading fiction. A good way to keep your mind off of responsibilities

I love to hit the heavy bag. I do puff. I try to focus on what I do have. I try to eat some of the pain, problem with that is it does lead to blow ups. Don't be afraid to talk about what your feeling with somebody/anybody, don't assume one of your friends can't understand, everyone has their own personal demons. Just find ways to vent.

I love to hit the heavy bag. I do puff. I try to focus on what I do have. I try to eat some of the pain, problem with that is it does lead to blow ups. Don't be afraid to talk about what your feeling with somebody/anybody, don't assume one of your friends can't understand, everyone has their own personal demons. Just find ways to vent.

Dude IDK if the weed is such a great idea for depression. I did a ton of research on it for a paper in college and I pretty much found that it does have painkilling properties for migraines and things like that... but when it comes to mental issues, weed is far too erratic and unpredictable. Medication like Xanax and Zoloft is way more proven and consistent. Personally, weed brings dark thoughts to my head and just messes with me... I can only smoke when my head is clear. That's me though.
I've struggled with anxiety and depression for the last five years and I feel like I have a decent handle on it. Try these things:

- Hang out with people. If you are by yourself, you are more likely to have dark, lonely thoughts.

- Go work out. It's proven that you get a boost after working out, and you feel like you accomplished something.

- Do something you're good at. I like to shoot baskets or play drums when I need a boost.

- I'd say the best thing to do when depressed for a sustained period of time is to seek medication. I had a real messed up summer and had a sort of a breakdown... I started taking Zoloft and things got a LOT better. So many people go undiagnosed, it's sad. PLEASE see a doctor and at least talk to him about it!

Good luck 
happy.gif

Dude IDK if the weed is such a great idea for depression. I did a ton of research on it for a paper in college and I pretty much found that it does have painkilling properties for migraines and things like that... but when it comes to mental issues, weed is far too erratic and unpredictable. Medication like Xanax and Zoloft is way more proven and consistent. Personally, weed brings dark thoughts to my head and just messes with me... I can only smoke when my head is clear. That's me though.
I've struggled with anxiety and depression for the last five years and I feel like I have a decent handle on it. Try these things:

- Hang out with people. If you are by yourself, you are more likely to have dark, lonely thoughts.

- Go work out. It's proven that you get a boost after working out, and you feel like you accomplished something.

- Do something you're good at. I like to shoot baskets or play drums when I need a boost.

- I'd say the best thing to do when depressed for a sustained period of time is to seek medication. I had a real messed up summer and had a sort of a breakdown... I started taking Zoloft and things got a LOT better. So many people go undiagnosed, it's sad. PLEASE see a doctor and at least talk to him about it!

Good luck 
happy.gif

--OP, seeking medication from a trained/educated professional is usually a last resort.
--I've been on Xanax for years. I'm not saying try it or anything though, as implied in my post on page 1.

--It is the holiday season. Focus on your child and immediate fam.
--Smokin and drinkin is okay IMO, but keep it in moderation. Exercise is always good.

--OP, seeking medication from a trained/educated professional is usually a last resort.
--I've been on Xanax for years. I'm not saying try it or anything though, as implied in my post on page 1.

--It is the holiday season. Focus on your child and immediate fam.
--Smokin and drinkin is okay IMO, but keep it in moderation. Exercise is always good.

you gotta stay in prayer OP..tough things hit us all at some point, but you have to make it through for your lil girl. She needs you bad!

My prayers will include you and your family, just stay up, you will make it through

you gotta stay in prayer OP..tough things hit us all at some point, but you have to make it through for your lil girl. She needs you bad!

My prayers will include you and your family, just stay up, you will make it through

My aunt(on my daughters moms side, go figure) just emailed me this:

"regardless your phase in life, there's always room for improvement...find your weakest department (finances, family ties, spirituality, addiction, confidence/education) & strengthen it cuz unfortunately it won't on its own accord...understand this is the department that has u at its mercy becuz lets face it, it's been draining your energy all these years & as much as u may try to ignore it, IT'S THERE!--servin as dead weight with expectations of bein lugged around with you for the rest of your entire life....you're ashamed it exists because you know you have the ability to control it instead of the other way around....quit mopin that spirit of yours around--people who allow themselves to drown in SELF PITY get nowhere--ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE--ur spirit can sit there & cry about it for as long as it wants or run from it, but reality is it ain't gonna fix the problem....that very behavior is why the department has remained stagnant all these years....pick your longterm target/targets & include a timeframe, write it down, slip it into your wallet, & read it every now & then to serve as reminder(may sound generic, but it actually works) =).......example: become a hot blonde with big boobs & blue eyes & become a hooters girl within 2yrs......u then break down overall timeframe into, what i call, mini frames with attainable mini goals...example: bleach my hair platinum blonde in 3months, find a plastic surgeon within 6months, get the boob job & eye procedure within 1yr, apply for hooters followin year & well watdyaknow....i am now the hot blonde w/ huge tittAYS i set out to be servin up hot wings...
wink.gif
go gettem tiger!!!"

eek.gif
pimp.gif
frown.gif

I already know its all in my head, but damn its never that simple

"regardless your phase in life, there's always room for improvement...find your weakest department (finances, family ties, spirituality, addiction, confidence/education) & strengthen it cuz unfortunately it won't on its own accord...understand this is the department that has u at its mercy becuz lets face it, it's been draining your energy all these years & as much as u may try to ignore it, IT'S THERE!--servin as dead weight with expectations of bein lugged around with you for the rest of your entire life....you're ashamed it exists because you know you have the ability to control it instead of the other way around....quit mopin that spirit of yours around--people who allow themselves to drown in SELF PITY get nowhere--ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE--ur spirit can sit there & cry about it for as long as it wants or run from it, but reality is it ain't gonna fix the problem....that very behavior is why the department has remained stagnant all these years....pick your longterm target/targets & include a timeframe, write it down, slip it into your wallet, & read it every now & then to serve as reminder(may sound generic, but it actually works) =).......example: become a hot blonde with big boobs & blue eyes & become a hooters girl within 2yrs......u then break down overall timeframe into, what i call, mini frames with attainable mini goals...example: bleach my hair platinum blonde in 3months, find a plastic surgeon within 6months, get the boob job & eye procedure within 1yr, apply for hooters followin year & well watdyaknow....i am now the hot blonde w/ huge tittAYS i set out to be servin up hot wings...
wink.gif
go gettem tiger!!!"

eek.gif
pimp.gif
frown.gif

I stopped smoking herb regularly. It's definitely a depressant, and can sometimes bring you further down if things aren't going right otherwise. I used to find myself thinking really negatively when times were tough and I was high.

I stopped smoking herb regularly. It's definitely a depressant, and can sometimes bring you further down if things aren't going right otherwise. I used to find myself thinking really negatively when times were tough and I was high.

2 blunts?? must be Reg. Get some GOOD, and blow them problems outta mind. You seem like you can live out your happiness through your daughter. Do fun things with her that will make her happy, which then should make you happy

2 blunts?? must be Reg. Get some GOOD, and blow them problems outta mind. You seem like you can live out your happiness through your daughter. Do fun things with her that will make her happy, which then should make you happy

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

wink.gif
go gettem tiger!!!"

eek.gif
pimp.gif
frown.gif

That's all you need.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

wink.gif
go gettem tiger!!!"

eek.gif
pimp.gif
frown.gif

That's all you need.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ABC

Good luck 
happy.gif

The bold part I cosign 100%. I started getting help and taking medication because it got so bad. Im a totally different person and got so much going for me right now. Im getting good grades in school again, have a good social life again and just got a girl. Seriously I get mad at myself now for not getting help sooner than I actually did (I went 2-3 years with anxiety and depression). I couldnt tell you another time when ive actually felt better than I am right now. If you think its bad I suggest you get help you will thank yourself later.

Originally Posted by ABC

Good luck 
happy.gif

The bold part I cosign 100%. I started getting help and taking medication because it got so bad. Im a totally different person and got so much going for me right now. Im getting good grades in school again, have a good social life again and just got a girl. Seriously I get mad at myself now for not getting help sooner than I actually did (I went 2-3 years with anxiety and depression). I couldnt tell you another time when ive actually felt better than I am right now. If you think its bad I suggest you get help you will thank yourself later.

If you're broke you should NOT spend money on weed and alcohol as they're are only TEMPORARY reliefs anyway!

Workout

Hang out with friends and family

Find u a female that can make you happy

I smoke weed and drink alcohol and those r the dumbest to participate in when u have NO money!

Back
Top Bottom