NT what Headphones you rock?

Yeah man the sound bleed is significantly lower makes me wonder how I used the old Studios. Noise canceling is improved too. Can't hear anything with these on, which may be a bad thing :lol:. The styling is better, it doesn't look bulky on your head and they fixed the headband which was famous for breaking on the last version. You don't need batteries anymore it goes by USB charge and you just unplug the AUX to turn the headphones off.

Studios 2.0 >>>>>>>>>>> Studios

Yeah. I agree with all of this. They're a big improvement overall. No more hissing for the noise cancellation. They're even lighter while being less bulky.

I'm getting like 10 hours per charge. That's one issue, they don't work if they aren't charged, but I have a bunch of headphones and earbuds.

Anybody use bluetooth wireless speakers? I've been using my JBL flip and absolutely love it.

If anyone has a iPod Video/Classic (5th Gen) 30GB in great condition that they are not using, PM me. I am looking one if it can be had for cheap. I got 2 pairs of Sennheiser HD202 for trade if interested as well.

Been using my iPhone 4 buds for about a week. Makes me appreciate how they stepped their game up with the i5 buds. I missed placed mine, lost my wife's. I'll wait till the weather breaks to grab some over the ears. BTW y'all see my eagles?

I have a pair of sennheiser studio headphones. they were like $100. They are cool for home use..but I'd like something better/portable for on the go/travel use.

I recently went & got the black beats executive for $220 price matched via Costco.
I must say they were VERY good headphones for $200 the look & feel was for sure a $300 headphone. But the sound was just average. Yeah it was loud but there was a hissing sound it's not as bad as people say it is when you play music @ 45-50 percent volume it cancels out. I did however return them because the battery life was only about 15-20 hours now for a $300 headphone you would expect better .

I managed to exchange them to best buy for the beats studios 2.0 . All I have to say is wow these are great. People hate beats but the new studios is amazing and if you get it price matched for $200 it's very well worth the price.

I recently went & got the black beats executive for $220 price matched via Costco.
I must say they were VERY good headphones for $200 the look & feel was for sure a $300 headphone. But the sound was just average. Yeah it was loud but there was a hissing sound it's not as bad as people say it is when you play music @ 45-50 percent volume it cancels out. I did however return them because the battery life was only about 15-20 hours now for a $300 headphone you would expect better .

I managed to exchange them to best buy for the beats studios 2.0 . All I have to say is wow these are great. People hate beats but the new studios is amazing and if you get it price matched for $200 it's very well worth the price.

After demoing the Studio 2.0 over the weekend, thought I had before but it turned out it was the old Monster version. The new studios are definitely an improvement over the old studios build quality wise, sound wise (less boomy), and at $200 price they are competitive with other headphones around that price range. The beats are definitely taking a step in the right direction, hopefully they continue to improve on their products. Hope you enjoy them.

I have a pair of sennheiser studio headphones. they were like $100. They are cool for home use..but I'd like something better/portable for on the go/travel use.

Koss PortaPro
UE6000
Vmoda m80
Logan Mikros 90
AKG K545
KEF M500
Vmoda m100
Sennheiser Momentum
Nad VISO HP50

The Portapro ($25) and the UE6000 ($100) are the best values in that price range.

yeah the new ones are an improvement in sound and build quality with in line controls. Not bad for $30 if you need the in line controls.
They just pop out of my ears too much.

Im not a huge audio head, I had Beats Solo's before and they were fine. I know theres better bang for your buck headphones, or just completely better headphones for cheaper/same price as Beats but my only gripe with them was how easy it was to break them.

Copped SOL Republic HD headphones. Love the design on them with the detachable sets. Sounds good, nice bass. Emphasis on bass is a little much at times, forgive the lack of terminology but it could use a little more "vocals" as opposed to the instrumentals.

Overall, love the purchase and gets me through train rides. 
laugh.gif

yeah the new ones are an improvement in sound and build quality with in line controls. Not bad for $30 if you need the in line controls.

They just pop out of my ears too much.

Im not a huge audio head, I had Beats Solo's before and they were fine. I know theres better bang for your buck headphones, or just completely better headphones for cheaper/same price as Beats but my only gripe with them was how easy it was to break them.

Copped SOL Republic HD headphones. Love the design on them with the detachable sets. Sounds good, nice bass. Emphasis on bass is a little much at times, forgive the lack of terminology but it could use a little more "vocals" as opposed to the instrumentals.

Overall, love the purchase and gets me through train rides. :lol:

The Sol Repubic HDs are not bad for the price, especially if you get them on sale. I do agree they are bassy headphones while disregarding the vocals. You need to check out the UE6000, they are around $100 and provide a great amount of bang for your buck. A lot of great reviews out there and they are thee portable headphone to get under $100. Also check out the Koss Portapro they are $25 on Amazon and sound great for the price. Nice amount of bass for me without being too bassy and has tons of mods to improve the sound to your liking. I love my Portapros and having owned more expensive headphones, they are my favorite portable pair.

Solo HDs are garbage IMO very cheap feel . If your gonna do this I suggest do what I did price match for the beats executive & if buying or replacing 2 batteries every 20 hours isn't a problem then they are magnificent for the price . Sometimes I feel like those are better than my studios but then I'm reminded I look like a dufus with how big the executives are and that hiss sound .

People throw the word garbage around too much. Dont feel cheap to me, then again im not the biggest audiophile.

Ended up getting those VModa Crossfades when Amazon had them for $69 a week or so ago, love htem. The quality on even the smallest details like the box was top notch. I bought some of the cheapy no name brand Bluetooth ones for Christmas gifts for my neice and nephew, but I plan to check them out first. They are still in the mail. Messed with some beats at BestBuy last night, so plasticy IMO for their price but for those into them, Groupon has various deals
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-beats-by-dr-dre-beats-studio-over-the-ear-headphones
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-beats-by-dre-solo-hd-headphones
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-beats-by-dre-mixr-on-ear-headphones-1

Okay so I'm just going to throw my cents in.

I have been using Grado cans (SR 60's) since 2006. I lost my first pair which were SR60's. When I first used them I couldn't believe how much of my fav. music I DIDN'T hear before using these.
Those were lost in 2009. At the top of this year I got back into listening with headphones again. I stuck to what I knew and went the next level with SR80i's.
If you're looking for audio quality without breaking the bank these are the ones to go with. They are $100. I listen to music, watch movies and play video games with them.

The SR80i's can handle anything, I got Brandenburg Concerto #1 on CD and these headphones bring it to life, the sound stage is wide. When things are recorded in different parts of a room you can tell. If I had to sum it up in one sentence: These headphones present audio to you the way it was recorded in the studio, nothing more nothing less. TV shows on Netflix, you fav games the list goes on; these headphones show you how much work goes into some of these productions (And who cut corners, I'm looking at you Chief Keef [FDB remix]). Amplifiers are another topic altogether.

Now the base is fine for me, but I'm sure most people would want to boost it to their preference. On audiophile sites these headphones are described as Bright, but I believe they handle low, deep, sounds very well. "You know I got it" on Magna Carta sounds flawless through these.

I don't want to compare these to popular cans that everyone wants because it makes them seem like the benchmark headphones, when they are not.
What I will say is this, open backed cans will sound more organic than closed IMO. These are open back so the music flows out, this also means people will hear what you are listening to and you (the listener) will not be cut off from outside sounds. In a moderately quiet house hold these are just as good as noise canceling because of they bathe your ears with sound. Sometimes I have to take it off when my girlfriend is talking to me. I think this is where the hissing problem comes in with those popular phones with noise canceling switches on the side.

Some Cons:
The foam pieces that come stock are going to give way and seem like they disappeared after 30 min of listening, after which the phone drivers press into your ear cartilage. Very uncomfortable. The manufacturer make a set of foams on their higher end models that also fit on the SR80i's. They are called the G Cushions. They are much better for endless listening sessions. I just checked on amazon and you can pick them up for $15, this is news to me as of this writing because anyone who wanted the G Cushions had to pay $45 for them, (including myself). You couldn't find them anywhere for cheaper, and I bought them because the stock cushions are that painful.

The speakers have never blown out on either of the sets I have owned, like muscles the loosen up and get better with more use. I have never had to use full volume on my Ipod when listening with these because there's simply no need. Like I said before in a somewhat quiet setting these block out everything else around you.
HOWEVER: while the speakers are high quality the housing the head band is attached to is not. After about six months of use the pins sticking out of the speaker that slide into the headband housing came clean off. This doesn't mean that they broke on me, it means the glue used at assembly is trash. On my second set the headband detached from the housing after about eight months. Again, a assembly issue because both pieces I could stick back into their places but they would not stay in.
I invested in some Gorilla glue and the rest is history.

If this doesn't discourage you I strongly suggest you pick these up.
NO they are not noise canceling.
NO they are not the most fashionable.
NO they don't have the best headband assembly.
BUT, these are the most unbiased headphones I have ever used. By that I mean they aren't geared towards one listening practice, any and everything played with these will be played back to their true form, the way the audio was recorded. If something sounds trash, it's the recording. If something sound beautiful, it' the recording.

As for the more popular headphones with the second alphabet letter printed on the side. My friend's younger brother let me listen to his orange noise canceling pair. While they are good, the noise canceling and extra base don't make up for the loss of flow you get from opened back cans.

Currently rocking some Sennheiser HD650s with a NuForce Icon DAC :pimp:

Does anyone own a pair of AKG K702s?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom