NT what Headphones you rock?

Okay, I think I've narrowed my choices down to 4 pairs that I would like to try out (just need to find them in-store now). I can't tell you how many reviews I've watched and other accompanying products those reviews have led me to research; ultimately leaving me with more questions. However, I'll take things one step at a time, starting with the headphones. My choices are: a) Sennheiser Momentum (over-ear), b) Shure SRH 1540, c) Bowers & Wilkins P7, and d) V-Moda M100.

Most important to me are the reviews concerning comfort & durability. I don't have a trained ear to recognize all the flaws and/or triumphs of each pair, but I'm sure listening to each will help me get from 4 to 1. Aesthetically speaking, the Shures come in first place, followed by the Momentums, then P7s, and M-100s in last place.

What do you guys think about these choices? Any recommendations?

Also, I was going to "rockbox" my Ipod classic, but the site says it's unstable for my classic.

Haven't heard about the that particular Shure headphones but the rest of the choices seem very solid and definitely stuff that is widely popular in the audiophile community. I would definitely try to listen to each headphone before buying. The Momentums should be available @ any Bestbuy that has a Magnolia Center, the P7s should be available @ any Apple store, and the M-100s might be available @ a Bestbuy that has a Magnolia Center or maybe a Guitar Center but I have yet to see them there.

Have you checked out the NAD Viso HP50 and the KEF M500? They get pretty great reviews as well and should be around the same price.

Super, I'm not familiar with rockboxing the iPod Classic. I have only rockboxed my iPod Video, Sansa Clip+, and Sansa Clip Zip. Sorry I can't help, check this link on head-fi for some help.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/532426/ipod-classic-rockbox-its-happening

the sansa clip zip plus rockbox is
smokin.gif

i just need to buy a bigger memory card for them big *** lossless files.

Just got some skull candys for about $35. They are perfect for the gym and sound quality is great.

i got these but i haven't been showing them any love..

from what i remember they sound great, i can only use them when i'm alone though. :lol:

i might use them tonight to listen to that childish gambino. :smokin

41gndeV4NfL.jpg

The AD700 are nice Trill. I feel you on the open headphone thing. I just picked up the Q701s. Now I have to find a way to get an amp to power them. Hopefully I can get away with a retro stereo receiver hooked up my laptop via the rca cables. They were so cheap though :smh:.

the sansa clip zip plus rockbox is :smokin

i just need to buy a bigger memory card for them big *** lossless files.

Yeah they are. I got them both for around $30-35 (8gb) on black friday. Put them on both a silicone and screen protector and they should last a while. I prefer the Zip though, the bigger screen is a huge plus when rockbox, the sansa stock firmware is trash. I want to get the Fuze+ when they get clearanced out, heard the new rockbox firmware was pretty good.

Luckily the 32gb micro sd cards are cheap nowadays for around $20.

Last edited:
Nasty I havent heard anything about that particular monoprice headphone. But generally, wired headphones of the same price offer better sound quallity to their bluetooth counterparts, especially at that price point. Have you ever considered getting a detachable one sided headphone instead? Only one wire instead and usually better sound quality than the blutooth alternative at this price point.

I`m not sure what your budget is but the Creative Aurvana Live are highly recommended headphones in the audiophile community and they are on sale @ $60 on Amazon. Sound quality is very good for the price but only has good build quality. Also the UE6000 are very stylish headphones that get rave reviews as a portable headphone with very good sound quality for the price with noise cancelling features and detachable cable. They are $80 @ TigerDirect right now and even cheaper @ $35 if you want to deal with the hassle of rebates @ Tigerdirect. If you don`t feel ordering the UE60000 onlline, Bestbuy price matches Tigerdirect so you can pick up your pair there. Defintely one of the best headphones for under $100, I would have bought mysellf a pair by now but I don`t like how you can`t replace the earpads. Another cheaper allternative if you are looking purely on a sound and portabllity aspect would be the Koss PortaPro. They are around $25 on Amazon last time I checked. They are highly portable and even fold up really well and sound amazing for the price. Build quality isnt`t great but Koss offers a lifetime warranty on these and all you have to do is pay return shipping.

If you have any other questions, let me know and I will try to help out if I can.

im looking at Klipsch A5i Sport Headphones for the gym

are these good? anything better?

Nasty I havent heard anything about that particular monoprice headphone. But generally, wired headphones of the same price offer better sound quallity to their bluetooth counterparts, especially at that price point. Have you ever considered getting a detachable one sided headphone instead? Only one wire instead and usually better sound quality than the blutooth alternative at this price point.

I`m not sure what your budget is but the Creative Aurvana Live are highly recommended headphones in the audiophile community and they are on sale @ $60 on Amazon. Sound quality is very good for the price but only has good build quality. Also the UE6000 are very stylish headphones that get rave reviews as a portable headphone with very good sound quality for the price with noise cancelling features and detachable cable. They are $80 @ TigerDirect right now and even cheaper @ $35 if you want to deal with the hassle of rebates @ Tigerdirect. If you don`t feel ordering the UE60000 onlline, Bestbuy price matches Tigerdirect so you can pick up your pair there. Defintely one of the best headphones for under $100, I would have bought mysellf a pair by now but I don`t like how you can`t replace the earpads. Another cheaper allternative if you are looking purely on a sound and portabllity aspect would be the Koss PortaPro. They are around $25 on Amazon last time I checked. They are highly portable and even fold up really well and sound amazing for the price. Build quality isnt`t great but Koss offers a lifetime warranty on these and all you have to do is pay return shipping.

If you have any other questions, let me know and I will try to help out if I can.
not an audiophile, doubt I'll notice a major difference. And wireless for a reason as I'd be wearing them while lifting or shooting around. Tucking the cord under my shirt helps some but still prone to accidents

1sale.com (formerly 1saleaday.com) has the Logitech UE4000's for 29.99 today only. No guarantee on Christmas arrival though that I see

Last edited:
Try Shure 215 with comply foam tips

He wants sport earbuds that are waterproof

i want something that is powerbeats/a5i style thatll hold on to my ears

straight earbuds fall out

The issue is that when I read reviews of sport headphones, them being "sweatproof" seems to be an exaggeration and I see a lot of mixed reviews. If you sweat a lot it seems to be a problem, which is no different than normal earbuds.

The best reviewed ones I've seen are Sennheiser CX 685 Adidas Sports

those comply tips, or at least the ones i had are overrated as hell..

i prefer some nice fitting rubber tips for my ears, or even some hybrid tips.

i even used to make my own with those orange safety ones and those were as good as the comply tips, at a fraction of the price.

At a crossroads

B&W P3 or ATHM50s?

It really depends on what you are going to use the headphones for. The P3 are portable headphones that sit on-ear while the M50s are really more for home use due to their long cable and they are over-ear. I don`t know how the P3 sounds but the M50s offer a good amount of bass and IMO are not really studio monitor headphones if you are going to be using them for mixing as they are not truly neutral. Buydig has the M50s for around $90 last time I checked.

It really depends on what you are going to use the headphones for. The P3 are portable headphones that sit on-ear while the M50s are really more for home use due to their long cable and they are over-ear. I don`t know how the P3 sounds but the M50s offer a good amount of bass and IMO are not really studio monitor headphones if you are going to be using them for mixing as they are not truly neutral. Buydig has the M50s for around $90 last time I checked.
I commute daily so I need something portable.

Will probably go with the P3 after reading some more, thanks.

I saw the first studios at Marshall's for $169 yesterday. It was surreal seeing them there :lol:

A lot better than the first ones. They're also better made and should be more durable.

Cool, think I might pick one up. The sound bleed was terrible on the first studios, which was the main reason I didn't buy a pair. Its good to see that actually sound nice now.

A lot better than the first ones. They're also better made and should be more durable.

Cool, think I might pick one up. The sound bleed was terrible on the first studios, which was the main reason I didn't buy a pair. Its good to see that actually sound nice now.
[
Are those the new studios? I'm considering picking up a pair, how do they sound?
Yeah man the sound bleed is significantly lower makes me wonder how I used the old Studios. Noise canceling is improved too. Can't hear anything with these on, which may be a bad thing :lol:. The styling is better, it doesn't look bulky on your head and they fixed the headband which was famous for breaking on the last version. You don't need batteries anymore it goes by USB charge and you just unplug the AUX to turn the headphones off.

Studios 2.0 >>>>>>>>>>> Studios

Back
Top Bottom