NT what Headphones you rock?

Finally decided on a pair of over ears. Non-Bluetooth to go with my Pixel (and sometimes iPod). Love the look, and is reported to be very good with some kick in the bass.
Meze-99-Neo-1.jpg

Not my pic. Comes with a heavy duty case unlike my previous M50. The bag is partially to blame for the frame breaking. Also got a Bluetooth adapter.

I always lose ear buds and losing $100 jaybirds was the last straw.

Any recommendations on wireless noise cancelling headphones?

I’m leaning towards Sennheiser. Specifically the pxc 550 and HD 4.5.

At first I was going to go with their Sony equivalent, but there have been a lot of complaints about build quality.

Any recommendations on wireless noise cancelling headphones?

I’m leaning towards Sennheiser. Specifically the pxc 550 and HD 4.5.

At first I was going to go with their Sony equivalent, but there have been a lot of complaints about build quality.
I like the Sennheiser but the 4.5 feels more like on ear. I would go for the Sony 1000xMkII version, it has a better build quality. I think the PXC 550s are good too, they just look kinda ugly.

Reactions: ASE
danikerhino danikerhino ill look into those since Sony was my first choice.

I heard about the tiny ear cups on Sennheiser but I have tiny ears so it’s not a cern for me.

danikerhino danikerhino ill look into those since Sony was my first choice.

I heard about the tiny ear cups on Sennheiser but I have tiny ears so it’s not a cern for me.
Yeah if you can deal with it, it's solid. It had AptX which Bose doesn't even have and it's still expansive despite it's smaller size compared to the Sony and Bose models. On top of that, the price is excellent. Make sure you go and try them out, they're in selected Best Buy's, just check the website for availability. I used to work there in the weekends to pay off a car so I got a chance to try them all out. Soundwise:
Sony 1000xMKII: 9/10
Sennheiser 4.50/4.40: 8.5/10
Bose QC35: 8/10
JBL 700: 8/10
Beats Studio: 7/10

We didn't sell the PXC 550 so I can't comment on that.

Last edited:
Been considering buying some noise-canceling headphones. I want to keep it under $200 so that takes the Sony 1000MX2s out of the equation.
Reading up a little online some people say the Sony h.ear On 2s are almost as good as the 1000MX2s just with slightly worse ANC and not as bass-y.

Anyone have any experience with the h.ear On 2s? I read that Costco is gonna have them on sale for $180 so I might just cop them anyway and if I'm not satisfied I'll return them given Costco's stellar return policy.

Been considering buying some noise-canceling headphones. I want to keep it under $200 so that takes the Sony 1000MX2s out of the equation.
Reading up a little online some people say the Sony h.ear On 2s are almost as good as the 1000MX2s just with slightly worse ANC and not as bass-y.

Anyone have any experience with the h.ear On 2s? I read that Costco is gonna have them on sale for $180 so I might just cop them anyway and if I'm not satisfied I'll return them given Costco's stellar return policy.
Good timing, I just listened to my boys and I was comparing them to the Beats and 1000MXII's. If the 1000MXII's are a 10, than these are an 8.5 and Beats Studios are an 8.

The Mid-range is warm, but still clear enough and the bass punchy, yet not flabby. The highs are kinda in the background so it may seem like the clarity isn't that great, but it's just quieter and has decent detail. Another thing that stood out was the comfort. It wasn't as plushy as the 1000s, but they're up there as far as comfort. I would say they're definitely worth $200.

Good timing, I just listened to my boys and I was comparing them to the Beats and 1000MXII's. If the 1000MXII's are a 10, than these are an 8.5 and Beats Studios are an 8.

The Mid-range is warm, but still clear enough and the bass punchy, yet not flabby. The highs are kinda in the background so it may seem like the clarity isn't that great, but it's just quieter and has decent detail. Another thing that stood out was the comfort. It wasn't as plushy as the 1000s, but they're up there as far as comfort. I would say they're definitely worth $200.

I am so torn about it now, I have Sennheiser HD 280s, Sennheiser Urbanite XL wireless, and Bower and Wilkins P5 Wireless now so I don't know if I can justify buying more headphones.

I'm no audiophile, but the monoprice 8323 and the bluetooth serve me well, considering at times you can get them less than $20. Some new ear pads and band cushion and it's solid.

I am so torn about it now, I have Sennheiser HD 280s, Sennheiser Urbanite XL wireless, and Bower and Wilkins P5 Wireless now so I don't know if I can justify buying more headphones.
I'd say they're a clear upgrade over the 280s and the P5s. They'll have better overall resolution than 280s meaning, everything will sound pronounced and closer to the real counterpart. And the P5s are on ear so h.ears will give you a more immersive experience which will make the soundstage more expansive. I think the Urbanites would stand up to it. I just they might just have different strengths and weaknesses, but the Sony will be more lighter and probably more comfortable because of it.
Another clear upgrade is the h.ears having ANC, that will makes it miles ahead of the others as portables when couple that with the fact that it's wireless. If you plan to use it as "commuting/travel" headphones, I would undoubtedly purchase.

Yeah if you can deal with it, it's solid. It had AptX which Bose doesn't even have and it's still expansive despite it's smaller size compared to the Sony and Bose models. On top of that, the price is excellent. Make sure you go and try them out, they're in selected Best Buy's, just check the website for availability. I used to work there in the weekends to pay off a car so I got a chance to try them all out. Soundwise:
Sony 1000xMKII: 9/10
Sennheiser 4.50/4.40: 8.5/10
Bose QC35: 8/10
JBL 700: 8/10
Beats Studio: 7/10

We didn't sell the PXC 550 so I can't comment on that.

So I went and tried headphones in store and the noise cancelling wasn’t what I needed. I was in a packed store and still heard the chatter and could clearly understand the sales associate next to me.

I’m just on the hunt for the best audio quality now and I’m going to purchase ear plugs for noise isolation.

So I went and tried headphones in store and the noise cancelling wasn’t what I needed. I was in a packed store and still heard the chatter and could clearly understand the sales associate next to me.

I’m just on the hunt for the best audio quality now and I’m going to purchase ear plugs for noise isolation.
Yeah, it's still not a foolproof feature, yet. Are you purchasing for in the house or out and about. If it's for outside, I think the Sony 1000x is your best bet, thought not as "sound-blocking" as IEMs. It offers the best sound if you compare it to Bose(Hi-Res certified and AptX) and the highs/mids are better in my opinion. They aren't bass heavy though, so if you're looking for that, the Sony's aren't it.

I'd say they're a clear upgrade over the 280s and the P5s. They'll have better overall resolution than 280s meaning, everything will sound pronounced and closer to the real counterpart. And the P5s are on ear so h.ears will give you a more immersive experience which will make the soundstage more expansive. I think the Urbanites would stand up to it. I just they might just have different strengths and weaknesses, but the Sony will be more lighter and probably more comfortable because of it.
Another clear upgrade is the h.ears having ANC, that will makes it miles ahead of the others as portables when couple that with the fact that it's wireless. If you plan to use it as "commuting/travel" headphones, I would undoubtedly purchase.

Yeah the ANC is what has me intrigued. I don't know how often I'd be using them though. I am going to Colombia in 2 weeks...

If anything I might just cop them at Costco and return them when I get back :lol:

danikerhino danikerhino i planned on using them for the lab/library at my school. The other students treat it like a playground and make it tough for me to focus. I don’t think any of these headphones are really going to help with that kind of noise.

That’s why my new plan is just to look for the best sound. I liked the Sony sound wise. One of the Sennheiser didn’t really do lows well and I listen to bass heavy stuff so that’s an issue. I think it was the 4.5

In general, I noticed that over the ears sound very different from in ears which is what I’m used to.

danikerhino danikerhino i planned on using them for the lab/library at my school. The other students treat it like a playground and make it tough for me to focus. I don’t think any of these headphones are really going to help with that kind of noise.

That’s why my new plan is just to look for the best sound. I liked the Sony sound wise. One of the Sennheiser didn’t really do lows well and I listen to bass heavy stuff so that’s an issue. I think it was the 4.5

In general, I noticed that over the ears sound very different from in ears which is what I’m used to.

I'm just talking out my a**, but if you like in ears couldn't you hypothetically throw ear muffs on with the in ears in to further isolate noise?

I don’t like how in ear feels. I have tiny ears so they all hurt to wear after about an hour. And I just want silence, not music.

ASE ASE Yeah, your situation really depends on sound isolation. Honestly, your best bet would have been IEMs with ANC, it's naturally passive isolation as you're covering your ear canal AND ANC would block out even more sound by drowning it out. But, since you want an over the ear headphone, I'd still recommend the 1000xMKIIs.

Got the h.ear On 2s at Costco yesterday. I must say I'm not blown away by sound quality, but it is certainly very good. I haven't had a chance to compare it to any of my other headphones.

What I am impressed by is the noise canceling. Maybe because I have very limited experience with ANC, but sounds were significantly reduced. To test it out I put them on in the car and turned my radio up pretty high. Obviously it didn't block all the sound with nothing playing but with music at 50-60% the loud radio turned into a faint whisper. I could only hear it if I really tried to focus on it. Allowing in ambient noise by covering the right earcup is a pretty cool feature and it works well.

All in all a very solid pair of headphones, especially at $180. They look very good on top of that.
We'll see how much I use them in the next month or so and then I'll decide if I'm returning them.

20180525_110332-01.jpeg

Last edited:
FEADBE44-EAD0-4325-A21E-E300E78E79EC.jpeg

saw these were marked down on prime and couldnt resist

havent had time to break them in properly but played a lil bloodborne w/ them before and watching last jedi rn sound is pretty fantastic build quality/materials used are super nice too

Do y'all kno if bose still has that warranty where u can exchange headphones that are ripped around the foam for a new pair?

Anyone with experience with SMS Audio?

Looking into the Sport Wireless On-the-Ear headphones.

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...&ved=0ahUKEwiBh967laHcAhURMt8KHa1PClYQgTYI7QU

picked these up for the treadmill/walking the dog b/c i sweat like an animal

kinda wish i just got a bluetooth set but its so refreshing to never have your earbuds fall out of your ears while moving :lol: sound is suprisingly rich too

ended up getting two pairs for the price of one too b/c it took prime 5 days to get the first pair to me so they sent another :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom