NT what Headphones you rock?

My top 3 headphones in my collection:

•B&O Beoplay H6
20181112_113152.jpg

•Audio-Technica M50x
20181112_112936.jpg

•Bose Quiet Comfort 35 - I know a Bose rep that works at my job, so he sold em to me for half off :wow: . ANC is top notch and the overall sound obliterates Bose's SoundLink ii.
20181112_161014.jpg

**Honorable mentioned**
•Philips shp9500 - super underrated open back headphones. Were dirt cheap when they arrived on the scene, now doubled in resale value due to popularity.
20181112_112918.jpg

good taste my guy

whats funny about the shps is they litterally sell for what fidelios go for. like what in the world. 2.5 years ago i paid 60 bucks for a pair. haha

theyre good, maybe even great for gaming. but 200 dollars lol.

i rock sennheiser hd650s, sony h.ear NC, and a cheap pair of anker slim+ bt sport buds.

Bought a new pair of earbuds. Sony Extra Bass.

Would like a new pair of cans, but never know.

i tried out 3 new headphones yesterday in the airport. the latest beats studio 3s, skullcandy crushers, and some Audio technica model. Hated all 3. beats studio has boosted low mid and its painfully obvious, also not a fan of the noise cancelling effect. It was disorienting imo. ATs were really harsh in the high end. crushers were tons of bass but thats all that stood out. the mids and highs were like eghhhhh. stuck with the munitios i had. i really want to find a new pair those these things are going on 4 years old and are beat to ****

i tried out 3 new headphones yesterday in the airport. the latest beats studio 3s, skullcandy crushers, and some Audio technica model. Hated all 3. beats studio has boosted low mid and its painfully obvious, also not a fan of the noise cancelling effect. It was disorienting imo. ATs were really harsh in the high end. crushers were tons of bass but thats all that stood out. the mids and highs were like eghhhhh. stuck with the munitios i had. i really want to find a new pair those these things are going on 4 years old and are beat to ****

You looking for wired or BT?

Im hearing the new 360 skullcandy crushers are a big improvement over the previous model. Also double the price as well..

Sony mdr-xb50bs for the gym and Sony h.ear MDR-100ABN overear for travel/everything else.

You looking for wired or BT?
doesnt matter to me honestly, cuz u can still plug an aux to most BT headphones. i just want that sound to be CRISP. and im not finding it. whats crazy to me, is that as popular as the audiotechs are.... their design still looks and feels like a cheap gas station off brand headphone. it seems like headphones either look like beats.... or look like the AT plastic elementary school library headphones. what happened to monster headphones and the others who tried to fight against beats early on?

doesnt matter to me honestly, cuz u can still plug an aux to most BT headphones. i just want that sound to be CRISP. and im not finding it. whats crazy to me, is that as popular as the audiotechs are.... their design still looks and feels like a cheap gas station off brand headphone. it seems like headphones either look like beats.... or look like the AT plastic elementary school library headphones. what happened to monster headphones and the others who tried to fight against beats early on?
If you dont care about open-back, I would suggest looking at the Sennheiser 58x at MassDrop, but it's really made for home use since it leaks sounds. The Sony1000x-series aren't overly nasty either, especially compared to other Sony's and has LDAC which makes the bluetooth sound higher definition if you have an newer android.

good taste my guy

whats funny about the shps is they litterally sell for what fidelios go for. like what in the world. 2.5 years ago i paid 60 bucks for a pair. haha

theyre good, maybe even great for gaming. but 200 dollars lol.

i rock sennheiser hd650s, sony h.ear NC, and a cheap pair of anker slim+ bt sport buds.

Would kill for some HD600 and 800 Sennys

Would kill for some HD600 and 800 Sennys
HD6xx is on Massdrop for $200, which is below the retail of the HD600. It's not as flat as the HD600s if you like that, but it shines on mids/vocals or you can get the HD58x if you want more bass.

HD6xx is on Massdrop for $200, which is below the retail of the HD600. It's not as flat as the HD600s if you like that, but it shines on mids/vocals or you can get the HD58x if you want more bass.

I've been eyeing those Massdrops cans for months now. I can't justify spending on them because I don't really use headphones that often. I use Sony WH-900N and they fit my needs for when I do use headphones.

I've been eyeing those Massdrops cans for months now. I can't justify spending on them because I don't really use headphones that often. I use Sony WH-900N and they fit my needs for when I do use headphones.
Yeah I don't blame you, especially factoring in buying an amp/dac to get more out of the headphone. For me, I needed something that will bring the best out of my music/movies/games for decent price. It took me a long time for me to decide whether it was worth it since it would be only indoor, but I'm satisfied with purchase wholeheartedly. When my girl is asleep and my apartment is fairly quiet, I get really engrossed with my music since all the sound spectrum is well-represented and all the little details is clear and present. Also, games and movies feel more immersive. I would suggest investing this much on open-headphones if you plan to use them OFTEN AT HOME. If not, buy yourself a good bluetooth headphone/earphone, it's a lot more versatile and you can get decent sound with AptX/HD or LDAC which is standard in most androids.

Yeah I don't blame you, especially factoring in buying an amp/dac to get more out of the headphone. For me, I needed something that will bring the best out of my music/movies/games for decent price. It took me a long time for me to decide whether it was worth it since it would be only indoor, but I'm satisfied with purchase wholeheartedly. When my girl is asleep and my apartment is fairly quiet, I get really engrossed with my music since all the sound spectrum is well-represented and all the little details is clear and present. Also, games and movies feel more immersive. I would suggest investing this much on open-headphones if you plan to use them OFTEN AT HOME. If not, buy yourself a good bluetooth headphone/earphone, it's a lot more versatile and you can get decent sound with AptX/HD or LDAC which is standard in most androids.

Word I'm rocking an LG G7 and I LOVE the DAC. I'm not really using high end headphones but I can certainly hear a difference when I plug in the aux in the car.

my girl just got the sennheiser 4.04 HD BT and they're pretty nice.no lag. crazy long battery charge - like 25 hrs. real good value at $100

i just picked up the monoprice bt for $29.99. should get it tomorrow

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12001&cs_id=1082708&p_id=33834&seq=1&format=2

I have the 4.50s and i couldn't recommend them enough.

If you work in a noisy office the active noise canceling + the incredible sound quality will have you feeling like you're in a completely different space.

Word I'm rocking an LG G7 and I LOVE the DAC. I'm not really using high end headphones but I can certainly hear a difference when I plug in the aux in the car.
Yeah, you're set with your DAC. LG's have excellent DACs. My cousins V30 sounds better than my dedicated DAC/Amp combo devices(Topping nX2s and Fiio 10k).

Scooped these up yesterday
20190101_113831.jpg

How much (if you don't mind me asking)?

When I was in the market for noise canceling I feel like the general consensus was either Sony or Bose. Not that the Sennheisers are bad by any means, just that the other two are better for the price.

How much (if you don't mind me asking)?

When I was in the market for noise canceling I feel like the general consensus was either Sony or Bose. Not that the Sennheisers are bad by any means, just that the other two are better for the price.
$218 plus tax so $235.

I really liked those headphones. I think i went with the sony set because it had better bass and touch controls though.

51xXaF%2Bc%2BnL._SL1000_.jpg

Had the older version of these awhile ago and my bro broke em, got them replaced them as a gift for Xmas and I've missed these things so damn much. Amazing headphones. On the pricey side, but well worth it.

Last edited:
Rocking beats studio wireless 2s and AirPods,

On bad errand running days I just rock the usual iPhone wired headphones

Back
Top Bottom