NT what Headphones you rock?

What would you guys recommend - the MDR-1000x or QC35? I have a 17hr return flight at the end of year and need to invest!

Aside from the travel, I commute to and from work about 2hrs each day which means comfort is important. I also wear glasses so the buds need to feel good.

I've tried both in on-store but can't make a decision. I feel the Sony's have better sound quality and nice features, but lack effective device switching and the buds are as big as the QC35's. They do completely cover my ears however.

The QC35's feel amazing. Like pillows on your ears. I don't believe they sound as vibrant as the Sony's but are still decent by all means. Possess great device switching capability.

I can definitively tell which ones have better Noise Cancelling either.. I feel they're equal?

Does anyone have the either the MDR 1000x or QC35s? Which is your preference and why?

Omg, I have so many cans in my desk here at NT HQ. I'll take a photo of my gear for you guys to see.

I have the Bose QC20i for when I travel. My favorite "cheap" brand is 1More. They made the Xiaomi Pistons but have since broke out to sell directly.

When I worked at my old job, I worked with and on Head-Fi.org. I have a lot of friends in the headphone industry so I can make a lot of recommendations for anyone who's not looking to spend thousands of $$$ for their gear.

Just bought a pair of Superlux HD681 Evo off Ebay. Compared to the regular HD681, it's a bit more bass heavy but doesn't have as clear of a sound...guessing it's because it's more of a closed ear headphones. Good pair of cans for the price, even if it's not the best design.

Checked out the bowers & wilkins px yesterday, and those are 100% going to be my next pair of headphones. They have a little weight to them, which I like, they feel extremely solid and high quality. There's a feature that I've never even seen before, when you take them off, they automatically pause. I was confused at first. I've got the hookup at best buy and someone is willing to let me use their discount, which will take them down to 260. Also, a guy hit my car recently and since it wasn't bad, merely a scratch, I told him not to worry about it, so he said he'll shoot me a best buy gift card for my hassle, so I'll definitely use it toward those. I still like the look of the p7's more though. Getting these fancy *** headphones make me feel like I should travel more.

Last edited:
Gift card is for $300 :pimp: went to Best Buy last night but my plug is away on bereavement. Should be 280 after taxes, I'll just let her keep the other $20.

Another plug came through and his discount was better than I thought, 259 after taxes so I let him keep the other 40.
I'm satisfied with them, certain songs sound amazing, others at surprisingly average. Lots of Beyoncés songs on tidal, for example. I just knew they'd be top notch. I love when you can hear bits and pieces that you've never heard before.
I tried out the noise cancelation settings in my apartment with random noises in the background, i wasn't that blown away. Guess I'll have to use them in the intended setting.

In the market for true wireless earbuds and not trying to spend lot. I think I'm gong to go with the jam ultra joints. Best buy has them for 80.

Black Bose QC35s

upload_2018-3-5_22-8-18.png

+

Anker Soundbuds Slim for working out

A3235011_ND01_V1.jpg

Jabra 25e Elite for outdoors/commute.
ATH M50s for indoor use in public places.
Sennheiser 6xx's for using at the house.

There's some great IEMs for a good value, but I can't walk away from the wireless earphones when I'm out so I'm stick with Bluetooth for now on.

My sennheiser momentums 1.0 over ears are still going strong. These have been one of my favorite phones thus far.

Last edited:
People love the M50s, but I see these as studio/reference headphones and being more flat/neutral. Would that be wrong?

I'm looking for a new set, what's the bass like on them?

People love the M50s, but I see these as studio/reference headphones and being more flat/neutral. Would that be wrong?

I'm looking for a new set, what's the bass like on them?
If you need that thump, don't go for the M50. I had them (frame broke) and like you said, they're very neutral. Pretty good phones, but I wouldn't buy again. I'm looking for a new pair now as well. Trying to decide between a few, but the frontrunners are V-Moda or Meze.

Picked up the Jabra Elite Sport for 150 and they are clutch. Takes a while to figure it which wing/ear tip works best for you but once you find it, it's smooth sailing.

Audio quality is great for music and the case is easy to use for charging. Whoever came up with that idea is a genius btw.

They even have features that weren't outright advertised that are very impressive. One of the main reasons I chose them was bc you're able to hear out of both buds while on phone calls, that's not possible on several truly wireless joints.

Finally upgraded to hifi on tidal so I'm really enjoying these and my px more.

Back
Top Bottom