NT, WOULD YOU WORK HERE?... UPDATED WITH PIC

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

You don't get paid an hourly wage on top of tips?

Where I live the waiters usually get $4.90 an hour plus any tips
nah its a chinese restaurant. alotta messed up stuff goes on and tomorrow if im goin in, i would have to be scrubbin toilets at the end of the night. we have alotta extra side jobs that i dont think is required at other restaurants. 

nah its a chinese restaurant. alotta messed up stuff goes on and tomorrow if im goin in, i would have to be scrubbin toilets at the end of the night. we have alotta extra side jobs that i dont think is required at other restaurants. 

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

if you are in college why don't you work on getting an internship in your field

yeah im really considering it...im studying to be an architect, totally outta the restaurant field. im a freshman so im still new to college life. 

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

if you are in college why don't you work on getting an internship in your field

yeah im really considering it...im studying to be an architect, totally outta the restaurant field. im a freshman so im still new to college life. 

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

find another job. you're killing yourself. $50 for that many hours.. 

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

find another job. you're killing yourself. $50 for that many hours.. 

bro you need to take the experience you have from there and move up to a better restaurant. that's pretty weak money but if you move to a better spot all that can change real quick.  

bro you need to take the experience you have from there and move up to a better restaurant. that's pretty weak money but if you move to a better spot all that can change real quick.  

Originally Posted by al3x89

wait.. you don't get a wage + tips? you only get tips?

yup 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 this is what i believe an under the table job or in that same category except i dont get paid 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
. ima post pics of all the singles i made, have me looking like a work at king of diamonds or something. no ducktales idk if they do this at all chinese places or not. its a chinese buffet btw. folks eat mad dirty. i had to mop the floor and vacuum my station at the end of the night, i can take working hard but this felt like slave labor.

Originally Posted by al3x89

wait.. you don't get a wage + tips? you only get tips?

yup 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 this is what i believe an under the table job or in that same category except i dont get paid 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
. ima post pics of all the singles i made, have me looking like a work at king of diamonds or something. no ducktales idk if they do this at all chinese places or not. its a chinese buffet btw. folks eat mad dirty. i had to mop the floor and vacuum my station at the end of the night, i can take working hard but this felt like slave labor.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

ive worked at a fancier restaurant before, but i was in the back washing dishes 
laugh.gif
 and of course other stuff. my bro got me in cause he was the assistant manager there. i worked 6 days a week and made and estimated 420 at the end of the month i was young and didnt know if thats good or bad. all that money went into my bros house we were renting out at the time
sick.gif
 and my phone bill. so basically i was working for nothing really lol. i think i just have bad experiences with restaurants and needa give it up altogether

Restaurants are supposed to give you house pay on top of tips.

you're supposed to get house pay + tips, even if house pay is very little.

Aside from company jobs that I've had, all I know is the restaurant business.
I've been cook, delivery boy, bus boy, waiter, Everything. Hopefully one day I'll have a couple of my own.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

ive worked at a fancier restaurant before, but i was in the back washing dishes 
laugh.gif
 and of course other stuff. my bro got me in cause he was the assistant manager there. i worked 6 days a week and made and estimated 420 at the end of the month i was young and didnt know if thats good or bad. all that money went into my bros house we were renting out at the time
sick.gif
 and my phone bill. so basically i was working for nothing really lol. i think i just have bad experiences with restaurants and needa give it up altogether

Restaurants are supposed to give you house pay on top of tips.

you're supposed to get house pay + tips, even if house pay is very little.

Aside from company jobs that I've had, all I know is the restaurant business.
I've been cook, delivery boy, bus boy, waiter, Everything. Hopefully one day I'll have a couple of my own.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Never tried the restaurant thing. Dont think I could deal with people like that all day
Agreed.
Dealing with people for more than 5 hours, running around and serving them their food and probably getting a few complaints is not something I would look forward to dealing with. Takes a lot of patience that I, unfortunately, don't have after about 1 hour of being socially active.
you don't have to be social.  i work in fine dining.  you just have to know the menu but no one is trying to get to know you and all that.  they just want their food and to know some details about it.  i'm not that social either with strangers but it's really not that bad.

you do get some grade a %%*@% though.  but that's when you just call your manager and let them take over for the rest of the meal.

Hold on! The federal minimum wage is $7.25/hr (a lot higher than it used to be just a few years ago, btw). By LAW you are entitled to that much, no matter what you do (as a documented worker in America). States can set their own minimum wages, but only higher, and that overrides the federal minimum. If you make anything less than mandated by law, you can report your employer to your state Labor & Industries Office and they will act very swiftly. Doesn't cost you a dime. That's what that office is there for.

Btw, that restaurant job can lead to other jobs in the industry, so tough it out. I know people who started at the equivalent of Red Robin. Once they figured out how to make drinks, they moved on to nightclubs and were pulling in a couple grand a week.

Hold on! The federal minimum wage is $7.25/hr (a lot higher than it used to be just a few years ago, btw). By LAW you are entitled to that much, no matter what you do (as a documented worker in America). States can set their own minimum wages, but only higher, and that overrides the federal minimum. If you make anything less than mandated by law, you can report your employer to your state Labor & Industries Office and they will act very swiftly. Doesn't cost you a dime. That's what that office is there for.

Btw, that restaurant job can lead to other jobs in the industry, so tough it out. I know people who started at the equivalent of Red Robin. Once they figured out how to make drinks, they moved on to nightclubs and were pulling in a couple grand a week.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Never tried the restaurant thing. Dont think I could deal with people like that all day
Agreed.
Dealing with people for more than 5 hours, running around and serving them their food and probably getting a few complaints is not something I would look forward to dealing with. Takes a lot of patience that I, unfortunately, don't have after about 1 hour of being socially active.
you don't have to be social.  i work in fine dining.  you just have to know the menu but no one is trying to get to know you and all that.  they just want their food and to know some details about it.  i'm not that social either with strangers but it's really not that bad.

you do get some grade a %%*@% though.  but that's when you just call your manager and let them take over for the rest of the meal.

Back
Top Bottom