NT, WOULD YOU WORK HERE?... UPDATED WITH PIC

Originally Posted by YuraS718

So you made $58 for 11 1/2 hours work? Find another job.
for real, man

58 bucks is nothing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

bro you need to take the experience you have from there and move up to a better restaurant. that's pretty weak money but if you move to a better spot all that can change real quick.  

ive worked at a fancier restaurant before, but i was in the back washing dishes 
laugh.gif
 and of course other stuff. my bro got me in cause he was the assistant manager there. i worked 6 days a week and made and estimated 420 at the end of the month i was young and didnt know if thats good or bad. all that money went into my bros house we were renting out at the time
sick.gif
 and my phone bill. so basically i was working for nothing really lol. i think i just have bad experiences with restaurants and needa give it up altogether

Bro you were getting paid $17.50/day to wash dishes?!

bro you need to take the experience you have from there and move up to a better restaurant. that's pretty weak money but if you move to a better spot all that can change real quick.  

laugh.gif
 and of course other stuff. my bro got me in cause he was the assistant manager there. i worked 6 days a week and made and estimated 420 at the end of the month i was young and didnt know if thats good or bad. all that money went into my bros house we were renting out at the time
sick.gif
 and my phone bill. so basically i was working for nothing really lol. i think i just have bad experiences with restaurants and needa give it up altogether

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

If you don't get house pay then yea you need to dump that place.

Find a better restaurant, I rather work in the restaurant industry than retail because at a restaurant I can make 250$ in one night, where in retail that would take me a week to make.

Plus restaurants are fun as hell after you've closed and cleaned up.

Getting high and drunk in the basement after work is the norm for NYC restaurants.

i dream of jobs like this, well like in 40 year old virgin their 'best buy' esque job 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 i know its unreal but i havent had a job i liked since i was a freshman in high school. got high on the job in the back while im supposed to throw boxes away. i worked as a stocker at international grocery store btw. my co workers used to steal beers and drink the restrooms, and i use to slash random stuff with my box cutters 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

If you don't get house pay then yea you need to dump that place.

Find a better restaurant, I rather work in the restaurant industry than retail because at a restaurant I can make 250$ in one night, where in retail that would take me a week to make.

Plus restaurants are fun as hell after you've closed and cleaned up.

Getting high and drunk in the basement after work is the norm for NYC restaurants.

i dream of jobs like this, well like in 40 year old virgin their 'best buy' esque job 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 i know its unreal but i havent had a job i liked since i was a freshman in high school. got high on the job in the back while im supposed to throw boxes away. i worked as a stocker at international grocery store btw. my co workers used to steal beers and drink the restrooms, and i use to slash random stuff with my box cutters 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by djuzi05

laugh.gif
sick.gif

i suppose so, i got around 400 every time i cashed my check. 
nerd.gif
 its monthly btw not weekly. did not calculate 

Originally Posted by djuzi05

laugh.gif
sick.gif

i suppose so, i got around 400 every time i cashed my check. 
nerd.gif
 its monthly btw not weekly. did not calculate 

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Hold on! The federal minimum wage is $7.25/hr (a lot higher than it used to be just a few years ago, btw). By LAW you are entitled to that much, no matter what you do (as a documented worker in America). States can set their own minimum wages, but only higher, and that overrides the federal minimum. If you make anything less than mandated by law, you can report your employer to your state Labor & Industries Office and they will act very swiftly. Doesn't cost you a dime. That's what that office is there for.

Btw, that restaurant job can lead to other jobs in the industry, so tough it out. I know people who started at the equivalent of Red Robin. Once they figured out how to make drinks, they moved on to nightclubs and were pulling in a couple grand a week.
at work today i thought it my head i would rather work at mcdonalds than where i was currently at 
indifferent.gif
. if i had red robins i would feel as if i was working in luxury compared to this place. yo my boss so cheap she told me to reuse my gloves 
sick.gif
 and leave it behind for someone else to use. plastic gloves the disposable kind where when you wear it your hands get all sweaty

sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'd report that +$*# with the quickness.

Hold on! The federal minimum wage is $7.25/hr (a lot higher than it used to be just a few years ago, btw). By LAW you are entitled to that much, no matter what you do (as a documented worker in America). States can set their own minimum wages, but only higher, and that overrides the federal minimum. If you make anything less than mandated by law, you can report your employer to your state Labor & Industries Office and they will act very swiftly. Doesn't cost you a dime. That's what that office is there for.

Btw, that restaurant job can lead to other jobs in the industry, so tough it out. I know people who started at the equivalent of Red Robin. Once they figured out how to make drinks, they moved on to nightclubs and were pulling in a couple grand a week.
at work today i thought it my head i would rather work at mcdonalds than where i was currently at 
indifferent.gif
. if i had red robins i would feel as if i was working in luxury compared to this place. yo my boss so cheap she told me to reuse my gloves 
sick.gif
 and leave it behind for someone else to use. plastic gloves the disposable kind where when you wear it your hands get all sweaty

sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Reggie4Three

indifferent.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

im not even gonna lie i considered reporting the place but the whole staff are hispanics. there was one more asian old dude working in the back im sure he's legal, but the other folks would be out of work and stuff.im not trying to be racist but if its true alotta those workers would either be deported or out of work. 

Originally Posted by Reggie4Three

indifferent.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

im not even gonna lie i considered reporting the place but the whole staff are hispanics. there was one more asian old dude working in the back im sure he's legal, but the other folks would be out of work and stuff.im not trying to be racist but if its true alotta those workers would either be deported or out of work. 

Yeaahh you need to find another job. But don't quit your job til you find another one.

Yeaahh you need to find another job. But don't quit your job til you find another one.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

You don't get paid an hourly wage on top of tips?

Where I live the waiters usually get $4.90 an hour plus any tips
nah its a chinese restaurant. alotta messed up stuff goes on and tomorrow if im goin in, i would have to be scrubbin toilets at the end of the night. we have alotta extra side jobs that i dont think is required at other restaurants. 
waaaaiiiittt u scrub toilets and serve food? that is the dirtyist restarant ever

nah its a chinese restaurant. alotta messed up stuff goes on and tomorrow if im goin in, i would have to be scrubbin toilets at the end of the night. we have alotta extra side jobs that i dont think is required at other restaurants. 
waaaaiiiittt u scrub toilets and serve food? that is the dirtyist restarant ever

btw, im currently in college, and I was just gonna use this money for sneakers and some beats headphones
laugh.gif
. i was gonna get the but anyways i told my boss im not so sure about coming in, she asked since its short notice can i finish out the weekend. im planning to not to go in and just catch hall pass or transformers 3 tomorrow instead 
laugh.gif
 oh and the boss made me pay for my apron she took it outta my tips 
sick.gif
 i only made around 58 bucks for 12 hours..

Terrible..i made $52 in tips + 8/hr today working 6.5 hours as a delivery driver

btw, im currently in college, and I was just gonna use this money for sneakers and some beats headphones
laugh.gif
. i was gonna get the but anyways i told my boss im not so sure about coming in, she asked since its short notice can i finish out the weekend. im planning to not to go in and just catch hall pass or transformers 3 tomorrow instead 
laugh.gif
 oh and the boss made me pay for my apron she took it outta my tips 
sick.gif
 i only made around 58 bucks for 12 hours..

Terrible..i made $52 in tips + 8/hr today working 6.5 hours as a delivery driver

Originally Posted by prymone

you dont even know the half of it. 

Originally Posted by prymone

you dont even know the half of it. 

Back
Top Bottom