NT, WOULD YOU WORK HERE?... UPDATED WITH PIC

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Hold on! The federal minimum wage is $7.25/hr (a lot higher than it used to be just a few years ago, btw). By LAW you are entitled to that much, no matter what you do (as a documented worker in America). States can set their own minimum wages, but only higher, and that overrides the federal minimum. If you make anything less than mandated by law, you can report your employer to your state Labor & Industries Office and they will act very swiftly. Doesn't cost you a dime. That's what that office is there for.

Btw, that restaurant job can lead to other jobs in the industry, so tough it out. I know people who started at the equivalent of Red Robin. Once they figured out how to make drinks, they moved on to nightclubs and were pulling in a couple grand a week.
at work today i thought it my head i would rather work at mcdonalds than where i was currently at 
indifferent.gif
. if i had red robins i would feel as if i was working in luxury compared to this place. yo my boss so cheap she told me to reuse my gloves 
sick.gif
 and leave it behind for someone else to use. plastic gloves the disposable kind where when you wear it your hands get all sweaty 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Hold on! The federal minimum wage is $7.25/hr (a lot higher than it used to be just a few years ago, btw). By LAW you are entitled to that much, no matter what you do (as a documented worker in America). States can set their own minimum wages, but only higher, and that overrides the federal minimum. If you make anything less than mandated by law, you can report your employer to your state Labor & Industries Office and they will act very swiftly. Doesn't cost you a dime. That's what that office is there for.

Btw, that restaurant job can lead to other jobs in the industry, so tough it out. I know people who started at the equivalent of Red Robin. Once they figured out how to make drinks, they moved on to nightclubs and were pulling in a couple grand a week.
at work today i thought it my head i would rather work at mcdonalds than where i was currently at 
indifferent.gif
. if i had red robins i would feel as if i was working in luxury compared to this place. yo my boss so cheap she told me to reuse my gloves 
sick.gif
 and leave it behind for someone else to use. plastic gloves the disposable kind where when you wear it your hands get all sweaty 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Never tried the restaurant thing. Dont think I could deal with people like that all day
Agreed.
Dealing with people for more than 5 hours, running around and serving them their food and probably getting a few complaints is not something I would look forward to dealing with. Takes a lot of patience that I, unfortunately, don't have after about 1 hour of being socially active.
you don't have to be social.  i work in fine dining.  you just have to know the menu but no one is trying to get to know you and all that.  they just want their food and to know some details about it.  i'm not that social either with strangers but it's really not that bad.

you do get some grade a %%*@% though.  but that's when you just call your manager and let them take over for the rest of the meal.
yeah im not very social either but i duke it out every time im at work or school. 

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Never tried the restaurant thing. Dont think I could deal with people like that all day
Agreed.
Dealing with people for more than 5 hours, running around and serving them their food and probably getting a few complaints is not something I would look forward to dealing with. Takes a lot of patience that I, unfortunately, don't have after about 1 hour of being socially active.
you don't have to be social.  i work in fine dining.  you just have to know the menu but no one is trying to get to know you and all that.  they just want their food and to know some details about it.  i'm not that social either with strangers but it's really not that bad.

you do get some grade a %%*@% though.  but that's when you just call your manager and let them take over for the rest of the meal.
yeah im not very social either but i duke it out every time im at work or school. 

Tried it. Hated it. Never again. Don't have enough patience for rudeness.

Tried it. Hated it. Never again. Don't have enough patience for rudeness.

11 or 12 hours and $56.....helllllll no. This reminds me of when I watch those jail shows on National Geographic and the guys in jail get paid like $8 a month.

11 or 12 hours and $56.....helllllll no. This reminds me of when I watch those jail shows on National Geographic and the guys in jail get paid like $8 a month.

do what you gotta do, but i'd keep looking for a real job whilst working at said restaurant.

do what you gotta do, but i'd keep looking for a real job whilst working at said restaurant.

so should i just sleep in and not answer my phone when the boss calls? lol this place is notorious for having workers quit and randomly during the job at that too. ive had friends quit and now i see why. PS dont ever piss off the waiter, stuff like spitting in drinks really goes down 
sick.gif
 seen it happen before, long story though and my cousin once got mad at a customer so he grabbed ice with his bare hands and put in the cup for a refill 

so should i just sleep in and not answer my phone when the boss calls? lol this place is notorious for having workers quit and randomly during the job at that too. ive had friends quit and now i see why. PS dont ever piss off the waiter, stuff like spitting in drinks really goes down 
sick.gif
 seen it happen before, long story though and my cousin once got mad at a customer so he grabbed ice with his bare hands and put in the cup for a refill 

I know a girl that works under the table at a chinese restaurant lol. Makes about the same as OP. Im not about that slave life

I know a girl that works under the table at a chinese restaurant lol. Makes about the same as OP. Im not about that slave life

Originally Posted by Dman22193

does she work at a chinese buffet?

Originally Posted by Dman22193

does she work at a chinese buffet?

If you don't get house pay then yea you need to dump that place.

Find a better restaurant, I rather work in the restaurant industry than retail because at a restaurant I can make 250$ in one night, where in retail that would take me a week to make.

Plus restaurants are fun as hell after you've closed and cleaned up.

Getting high and drunk in the basement after work is the norm for NYC restaurants.

If you don't get house pay then yea you need to dump that place.

Find a better restaurant, I rather work in the restaurant industry than retail because at a restaurant I can make 250$ in one night, where in retail that would take me a week to make.

Plus restaurants are fun as hell after you've closed and cleaned up.

Getting high and drunk in the basement after work is the norm for NYC restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom