NTers 25+: Do you guys still have trouble splitting the bill with your friends?

We usually just get separate bills and if not we know who's buying the first round.  Going out has gotten expensive since I got back from college and I still don't have a "real" job.

Im 26. We gotta split, but it also depends on the restaurant. Like if we're a Red Lobster, split. If it's some other more expensive place, we gotta work something out. Like give whoever paid some gas money or something.

Dudes be actin like the last time we all out never happened.
30t6p3b.gif

Im 26. We gotta split, but it also depends on the restaurant. Like if we're a Red Lobster, split. If it's some other more expensive place, we gotta work something out. Like give whoever paid some gas money or something.

Dudes be actin like the last time we all out never happened.
30t6p3b.gif

Man....We were in Miami and ate at don shula's steakhouse on miami beach.  A bunch of us and the girls got a bunch of drinks and some of the fellas too.  Well long story short i ending up paying 60 (not including my girls portion) bucks and all i had was  appetizer.  I ate at the Eden Roc with my girl before going out. I hate the group check dynamic, it makes no sense. 

Man....We were in Miami and ate at don shula's steakhouse on miami beach.  A bunch of us and the girls got a bunch of drinks and some of the fellas too.  Well long story short i ending up paying 60 (not including my girls portion) bucks and all i had was  appetizer.  I ate at the Eden Roc with my girl before going out. I hate the group check dynamic, it makes no sense. 

Wait, ya dudes split checks evenly? Hell no I aint payin for the big guy who get 2 entrees, an app, and drinks on top of that. We splittin checks. I aint payin for no1s obesity or alcoholism.

Call it cheap or w/e you want, but if im not drinkin and all I get it a $20 steak and an iced tea. Im not payin 50 cuz someone wanted to go ham gettin shots and %@!@. Just pay your bill.

Wait, ya dudes split checks evenly? Hell no I aint payin for the big guy who get 2 entrees, an app, and drinks on top of that. We splittin checks. I aint payin for no1s obesity or alcoholism.

Call it cheap or w/e you want, but if im not drinkin and all I get it a $20 steak and an iced tea. Im not payin 50 cuz someone wanted to go ham gettin shots and %@!@. Just pay your bill.

My group usually gets separate checks because a certain couple has had a tendency to screw the other people. Even not as a couple HE does it to the point where I generally throw cash down as soon as the check comes and go outside.

My group usually gets separate checks because a certain couple has had a tendency to screw the other people. Even not as a couple HE does it to the point where I generally throw cash down as soon as the check comes and go outside.

We almost always split the bill down the middle. What's a few $ among your close friends. Plus eventually it all evens out.

We almost always split the bill down the middle. What's a few $ among your close friends. Plus eventually it all evens out.

i'm good with numbers. i like to figure what i think is appropriate for my items, tax, tip and even a little more....

and then i wait for others to tell me how much i should be putting in. if they get close to my figure, we're solid.

if they tell me i owe way more than i calculated, i usually don't go out to eat with them again, or i have talks to explain how to appropriately divide the bill.

never once has anybody ever under charged me.

just to clarify, the lesson that everybody should learn from this thread is that the discussion about how to split the bill needs to be had/understood by EVERYBODY before you even GO to the restaurant.

i'm good with numbers. i like to figure what i think is appropriate for my items, tax, tip and even a little more....

and then i wait for others to tell me how much i should be putting in. if they get close to my figure, we're solid.

if they tell me i owe way more than i calculated, i usually don't go out to eat with them again, or i have talks to explain how to appropriately divide the bill.

never once has anybody ever under charged me.

just to clarify, the lesson that everybody should learn from this thread is that the discussion about how to split the bill needs to be had/understood by EVERYBODY before you even GO to the restaurant.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Separate checks, always. No arguments. No calculations. No confusion.
Pretty much.

If we're sharing the bill...I'm usually paying the majority since I usually have more drinks on my bill

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Separate checks, always. No arguments. No calculations. No confusion.
Pretty much.

If we're sharing the bill...I'm usually paying the majority since I usually have more drinks on my bill

I pay for my %@#$....that's it. Occasionally, Ill buy a round......but I always have cash on me. I handle mine.

For the most part it's never a problem, especially with the usual 5 to 10 people I usually chill with. Everybody has money and is willing to either pay for their share evenly or cover everybody for the meal and we just get him back next time. Only time I've had problems is with random people that you usually never meet again for reason.

I pay for my %@#$....that's it. Occasionally, Ill buy a round......but I always have cash on me. I handle mine.

For the most part it's never a problem, especially with the usual 5 to 10 people I usually chill with. Everybody has money and is willing to either pay for their share evenly or cover everybody for the meal and we just get him back next time. Only time I've had problems is with random people that you usually never meet again for reason.

Back
Top Bottom