NTers 25+: Do you guys still have trouble splitting the bill with your friends?

I have learned separate checks. Cats be ordering like they Ceaser when the check is being split. The older I get the more I know people dont change.

I have learned separate checks. Cats be ordering like they Ceaser when the check is being split. The older I get the more I know people dont change.

i agree its grimey to pay exactly for your meal and not pay the rest like tax and gratuity... so if your meal is 19.99 don't just drop a 20 and leave... this is exactly why my friends always come up short when eating out... i hate rolling deep at the restaurant 
30t6p3b.gif
... but i don't agree with the whole splitting the bill process.. yes call me cheap if you want but I'm not  paying for something that i didn't get... that doesn't make sense... i don't even eat  a lot like that... i just get my meal and a soda that's it... i don't get no appetizers or liquor or anything else but yet i have to put in more than i actually ate?

i agree its grimey to pay exactly for your meal and not pay the rest like tax and gratuity... so if your meal is 19.99 don't just drop a 20 and leave... this is exactly why my friends always come up short when eating out... i hate rolling deep at the restaurant 
30t6p3b.gif
... but i don't agree with the whole splitting the bill process.. yes call me cheap if you want but I'm not  paying for something that i didn't get... that doesn't make sense... i don't even eat  a lot like that... i just get my meal and a soda that's it... i don't get no appetizers or liquor or anything else but yet i have to put in more than i actually ate?

Originally Posted by Furrell

Biff can tell you what happened when we went to BBQ last August what happened. Some people didn't pay for their meal, and others had to cover for them.

yep was bad...i def paid $40 for some chicken wings and a drink

I came to the realization that i spend alot on covering for people been just getting waters and going for self last times i been out...

Originally Posted by Furrell

Biff can tell you what happened when we went to BBQ last August what happened. Some people didn't pay for their meal, and others had to cover for them.

yep was bad...i def paid $40 for some chicken wings and a drink

I came to the realization that i spend alot on covering for people been just getting waters and going for self last times i been out...

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

All my friends are 22/23 and when we go out to eat in big groups there's always something wrong with the bill. But I noticed we are 10x better than we were at 18. Does there come an age when everyone knows what to do when eating out and calculates correctly?

No.

If you are doing it, you get to the point in life when:

1. Someone voluntarily covers the bill.
2. You play credit card roulette or spin the wine/champagne bottle.

I've gone to dinner with people who were fighting over who would cover the bill...like "Son....I GOT THIS".
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

All my friends are 22/23 and when we go out to eat in big groups there's always something wrong with the bill. But I noticed we are 10x better than we were at 18. Does there come an age when everyone knows what to do when eating out and calculates correctly?

No.

If you are doing it, you get to the point in life when:

1. Someone voluntarily covers the bill.
2. You play credit card roulette or spin the wine/champagne bottle.

I've gone to dinner with people who were fighting over who would cover the bill...like "Son....I GOT THIS".
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Just tell the server yall want separate bills. Problem solved. But sometimes w/ my boys, mainly w/ drinkin, we just take turns buyin rounds. If we go out to eat, we all pay what we bought.

Just tell the server yall want separate bills. Problem solved. But sometimes w/ my boys, mainly w/ drinkin, we just take turns buyin rounds. If we go out to eat, we all pay what we bought.

If its my peeps that I grew up with someone picks the bill up everytime. If it's a group of like 6 or better we just split it evenly and whoever bill was more pays the tip. I hate going out with people that try to pay exactly what the menu says (no tip,tax or drinks included). One time it was me, wifey, a good friend, his girl, an acquaintance and his girl. We went to carmines and the bill was about 350-400 before tip. The acquaintance had the nerve to pull out 60 smfh then get mad when we look at him with the :l and talk about he is going to ask to have the bill separated. My boy and I ended up telling him keep his money and we just split the bill. The face on his girl face was priceless tho.

If its my peeps that I grew up with someone picks the bill up everytime. If it's a group of like 6 or better we just split it evenly and whoever bill was more pays the tip. I hate going out with people that try to pay exactly what the menu says (no tip,tax or drinks included). One time it was me, wifey, a good friend, his girl, an acquaintance and his girl. We went to carmines and the bill was about 350-400 before tip. The acquaintance had the nerve to pull out 60 smfh then get mad when we look at him with the :l and talk about he is going to ask to have the bill separated. My boy and I ended up telling him keep his money and we just split the bill. The face on his girl face was priceless tho.

I throw down my part plus some more and that's it. Let the rest bicker.

Had 3 drinks at like $6 each the other day and threw down $30. Do your part, don't be cheap, and let the rest do whatever they want. 

I throw down my part plus some more and that's it. Let the rest bicker.

Had 3 drinks at like $6 each the other day and threw down $30. Do your part, don't be cheap, and let the rest do whatever they want. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I HATE going out to eat in large groups. There's always that person or two who order and wanna pay their exact 19.99 meal, not considering tax+gratuity. I don't eat much either, and some people OD on appetizers and expect others to pay for it even if they didn't eat any
appetizers  is something I don't order. I am usually full after a meal and most places bring out some sort of dinner rolls, so I view appetizers as somewhat glutton in certain situations. Maybe it is more business like to order appetizers or something. Like ordering appetizers  at Cheesecake Factory is so not needed.

I BARELY eat my entire meal if I'm lucky, so getting an appetizer is pointless to me
grin.gif

But some people take advantage of the group thing and go ham on ordering appetizers and other stuff. Then put a $20 in the pot and act like they're good and we should be happy they "overpaid"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I HATE going out to eat in large groups. There's always that person or two who order and wanna pay their exact 19.99 meal, not considering tax+gratuity. I don't eat much either, and some people OD on appetizers and expect others to pay for it even if they didn't eat any
appetizers  is something I don't order. I am usually full after a meal and most places bring out some sort of dinner rolls, so I view appetizers as somewhat glutton in certain situations. Maybe it is more business like to order appetizers or something. Like ordering appetizers  at Cheesecake Factory is so not needed.

I BARELY eat my entire meal if I'm lucky, so getting an appetizer is pointless to me
grin.gif

But some people take advantage of the group thing and go ham on ordering appetizers and other stuff. Then put a $20 in the pot and act like they're good and we should be happy they "overpaid"
laugh.gif

Yall have restaurants that actually limit the amount of split checks? What is the point of that? I've never heard of such foolishness. And if it's me and my normal circle, someone will just pick it up or even cover more than their share and it always comes back around either way since we're like that with each other, but with people from work or something, split bills and have never had a problem no matter how large the party. I wish they would try to tell us, you 10+ individuals can't all pay for your own, and have to team up and combine orders on 1 receipt.

Back
Top Bottom