NTers 25+: Do you guys still have trouble splitting the bill with your friends?

Most of us are 22+. We split according to what we ate and all chip in for the tip. It helps that my bestfriend is an accountant. Especially when we drink
laugh.gif

Most of us are 22+. We split according to what we ate and all chip in for the tip. It helps that my bestfriend is an accountant. Especially when we drink
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by loendradio

Here's a trick if you're stuck with one bill amongst a large group of people..

1: Determine who purchased what and divide the cost of their food BEFORE TAX/GRATUITY and divide it by the SUBTOTAL to figure out what percentage of the bill they are responsible for.

example: I cop the phad see ew for the $7.95, the subtotal is $87.50.

7.95 / 87.50 = 0.09 = 9%

2. Apply that percentage to the after tax, after gratuity total.

$87.50 subtotal plus 9% tax plus 15% gratuity = $109.68

$109.68 * .09 = $9.88

At the very least, you'll be able to determine exactly how much YOU owe, but it's not hard to run these numbers real quick for the whole table. Most efficient way of ensuring that no one gets screwed over that I'm aware of.
 awww hell naw 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

1: Determine who purchased what and divide the cost of their food BEFORE TAX/GRATUITY and divide it by the SUBTOTAL to figure out what percentage of the bill they are responsible for.

7.95 / 87.50 = 0.09 = 9%

$109.68 * .09 = $9.88

At the very least, you'll be able to determine exactly how much YOU owe, but it's not hard to run these numbers real quick for the whole table. Most efficient way of ensuring that no one gets screwed over that I'm aware of.
 awww hell naw 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

not at all
I have two distinct groups of friends...

one splits evenly between everyone.
one does the itemize your own bill.

both are equally fine in my book.

but when happens when you ALL go out
laugh.gif

i hate this...certain people in my groups always wanna figure it out by item ...the same people that give you enough for the 2 drinks and meal but not for the tax or tip so it always comes up short

i like to split it up evenly....unless one person goes extra then it all usually comes out to the same...and usually if someone does go hard they have enough sense to put in extra...

again there always just seems to be 1 or two in the group that make it
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

not at all
I have two distinct groups of friends...

one splits evenly between everyone.
one does the itemize your own bill.

both are equally fine in my book.

laugh.gif

i hate this...certain people in my groups always wanna figure it out by item ...the same people that give you enough for the 2 drinks and meal but not for the tax or tip so it always comes up short

i like to split it up evenly....unless one person goes extra then it all usually comes out to the same...and usually if someone does go hard they have enough sense to put in extra...

mad.gif

if its with my real friends i dont mind just splitting it three ways...if its acquaintances or people i dont know we itemize...im not really trying to pay for someone else drinks and meals.

if its with my real friends i dont mind just splitting it three ways...if its acquaintances or people i dont know we itemize...im not really trying to pay for someone else drinks and meals.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif

mad.gif
looks like you have responsible and considerate friends.  lucky.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif

mad.gif
looks like you have responsible and considerate friends.  lucky.

when w/ my close friends it doesn't really matter which way they want to split the bill because we have a good time, paying a few extra dollars for something i didn't eat is not going to hurt me finacially or emotionally, we're friends if i got it you got it, no need to argue over a few dollars

when w/ my close friends it doesn't really matter which way they want to split the bill because we have a good time, paying a few extra dollars for something i didn't eat is not going to hurt me finacially or emotionally, we're friends if i got it you got it, no need to argue over a few dollars

Originally Posted by JimiLebowski

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

lmaooooooo
roll.gif

A. You're Asian
B. You bring a calculator with you when you go to eat.

C. You're frugal 

D. All of the above. 
Every penny counts man n plus dont tell me u dont have a calculator function in a cell phone. if u dont......
n plus 10% isnt really tat hard to calculate

lmaooooooo
roll.gif

A. You're Asian

C. You're frugal 

D. All of the above. 
Every penny counts man n plus dont tell me u dont have a calculator function in a cell phone. if u dont......

Pay for what you ate and drank, don't tip. What's the fuss about?

Pay for what you ate and drank, don't tip. What's the fuss about?

When I go out with a certain group of friends we do it pretty simple. Take the tax and mandatory Grat and divide it by the amount of people. ex. 55/5= $11
Then add that to how much eat person's meal is pre tax
$11 + $38 (My meal)= $49
Problem solved

Originally Posted by deFOBking

lmaooooooo
roll.gif

A. You're Asian

C. You're frugal 

D. All of the above. 
Yup. Plus if it's a large group, why wouldn't you want to use a calculator?  You guys eyeball and estimating how much you owe?  

When I go out with a certain group of friends we do it pretty simple. Take the tax and mandatory Grat and divide it by the amount of people. ex. 55/5= $11
Then add that to how much eat person's meal is pre tax
$11 + $38 (My meal)= $49
Problem solved

Originally Posted by deFOBking

lmaooooooo
roll.gif

A. You're Asian

C. You're frugal 

D. All of the above. 
Yup. Plus if it's a large group, why wouldn't you want to use a calculator?  You guys eyeball and estimating how much you owe?  

if im with good friends well take turns payin or just split it
when im with people that im not that close with ill get a seperate check for me n the lady

if im with good friends well take turns payin or just split it
when im with people that im not that close with ill get a seperate check for me n the lady

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

7.95 / 87.50 = 0.09 = 9%

$109.68 * .09 = $9.88

awww hell naw 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
.. ill just throw down $40 and say some yall gonna get me back on drinks later...

Back
Top Bottom