NT's All Time NBA ReDraft Thread: GR8 Write Up Page 187, Bracket Final Vote

Well, yeah, when certain teams are constructed better than others and the voting is done as secretly as it has been done so far (before CP's previous reply), then yeah, those same teams are going to be picked.

Well, yeah, when certain teams are constructed better than others and the voting is done as secretly as it has been done so far (before CP's previous reply), then yeah, those same teams are going to be picked.
laugh.gif

From the list on the last page:

CP- 8 votes

PMatic/Allen-6 votes

Mamba-5 votes

Cake/BHZ-4 votes

CP, P, and myself need to get in the Lakers front office asap.

Still need more votes. There's 30 owner's, only have maybe 5-6 owner votes.

All the judge's I asked have delivered their votes.

Vote if you haven't done so already please.

If anyone needs reasonings behind my picks...

AMP - dynamic lineup. Can go big or small, and be extremely hard to defend either way. They can throw a lot at you. Should cover a lot of ground defensively
CP - some legendary shooting with Lemarcus, plus Zo to anchor the defense.
BHZ - should be tenacious on D. Offense has a lot of options, just might need a shooter subbed in early.
Pmatic - I think this is the best built lineup in the entire draft. Most teams might have fit/spacing issues, but I can see PMatic's running the most smoothly.
Big J - The Russ/Pierce/Duncan combo really catches the eye. Solid bench that provides different looks.

Most teams are built really well, but these qualities are why these 5 teams stood out more.

Last edited:
[quote name="SenorRoboto2k5"]If anyone needs reasonings behind my picks...

AMP - dynamic lineup. Can go big or small, and be extremely hard to defend either way. They can throw a lot at you. Should cover a lot of ground defensively
CP - some legendary shooting with Lemarcus, plus Zo to anchor the defense.
BHZ - should be tenacious on D. Offense has a lot of options, just might need a shooter subbed in early.
Pmatic - I think this is the best built lineup in the entire draft. Most teams might have fit/spacing issues, but I can see PMatic's running the most smoothly.
Big J - The Russ/Pierce/Duncan combo really catches the eye. Solid bench that provides different looks.

Most teams are built really well, but these qualities are why these 5 teams stood out more.[/quote] Agreed.

I think for every team, there's something that works really well. A certain pairing that we would have loved to see play together.. a team's identity or overall strengths, every team has something interesting going for it.

I have a Top 10, or 9 if I don't include myself.

Tier 1
Cake - said my thoughts on Walton/Bron combo.
CP - balanced and prime Bird is what landed that team here. Billups was always meh to me but would just play a defined role on this team.

Tier 2
Big J - Duncan/Pierce combo is awesome and Russ being Russ.
Retro - More of a Shaq thing than anything. If I get peak Shaq, I'm just not losing all that often.
JD - Wish you had one more shooter, but CP3/Dwight ball screens with Joe Johnson hovering works plus Dwight/Ibaka on the other end.

Tier 3
Chester - It's just going to be near impossible to score on a KG/Deke frontline.
P - Balanced as everyone has said. And did as well as you could at #30, but who is taking over in a high stakes game on this team?
BHZ - kinda the same deal. But a clear identity.
Franchise - Loved the Kareem and Rodman pairing but worry about shooting.

honorable mention; osh, mamba, statis, amp, dland.

Last edited:
CP
P
JD
Cake
Awwsome
Franchise
Allen x 2
Mamba

Cake
Allen
CP
BHZ
JD
Osh
PMatic

CP
BHZ
Big J

Awwsome
Cake
Big J
CP
Allen
Chester
Osh
PMatic
LTB
Statis

CP
PMatic
LTB
Cake
Allen

AMP
CP
BHZ
PMatic
Big J

Cake
CP
Big J
Retro
JD
Chester
P
BHZ
Franchise

Allen, CP, Mamba

Allen
BHZ
Mamba
CP
PMatic
LTB
Senor
dland

PMatic
Mamba
Allen
CP
Chester
Be Easy
dland
Osh
Cake
DJs

CP
BHZ
Pro
Allen
Cake
JRS
AMP
Statis
PMatic
BigMike

Awwsome
Cake
Mamba
JD617
Senor

So how will the end results be tallied if people are ranging between top 3/5/10 lists and some are not even in a specific order?

I'm guessing by appearances on different lists, which I think CP is running away with at this moment.

So here is my top 5 and my honorable mention, my team withstanding of course.

1) Allen: I really struggled with who was #1 between you and Pro here, at the end of the day this group is just VERY BIG AND BALANCED. Starting 5 of 6’ 4”, 6’ 9”, 6’ 8”, 6’ 11”, 7’ 0”. Everyone is athletic and you’re 1-3 can play up or down. Ultimately I picked your team because of PG at the 2 and I fell that his size and ability on both ends outweighs what Pearl brings at the 2 for Pro.

2) Pro: Like CP said, Magic can make anyone look amazing. But when paired with Earl and Glen on the wings with Bob & Artis down low… YIKES! Your bench is also extremely balanced, not going to necessarily win you games, but they won’t lose you any either. Meanwhile Magic is enough to win you damn near any game you step on the floor.

3) CP: So much balance, soooo much spacing… Ray & Bird with Chauncey setting them up and being available for the kick out off the help?? FORGET ABOUT IT. I feel like a lot of people forget Ray’s Mil/Seattle tenure where he created his own shot, attacked the rim, all while burning you from 25-28 ft. Hands down one of my favorite players ever. As far as Larry… what is there to be said that hasn’t been said already. As much as I LOVE Magic, I was never comfortable saying he was better than Legend and vice versa. To me that says it all. Your bench is also great. Despite what your pops said, I love the Kenny A pick. Byron Scott, Danny Manning, Iggy, & Nate… Yeah. You built a great ******* team.

4) Osh: I struggled placing CP ahead of you because I LOVE your 1-4 of Steph, Tracy, AK47, & Shard. Anyone who has followed Steph since he stepped on the scene at Davidson knows what he is capable of. But Tracy in his prime was as good as any guard not named Jordan, and that not because there is a lack of talent. There was a time when I would have placed him over Kobe. Offensively he was as talented as anyone I’ve seen at the two and defensively he was great when he tried. AK was incredible defensively and a very versatile offensive threat. Shard during his Seattle run was an amazing Robin for Ray.

5) BHZ: I told you that you took a few of my players, namely Payton… Like everyone else said, this team is muddying up the game from start to finish. You have two perimeter defenders that you can put on any other teams perimeter stars and make their nights miserable and not too many other teams can say that. I also love the fact that you can post up 1-5 and get a bucket. You have great bench versatility with Mase & Hedo, shooting with Doug & Starks and as many have said Terry Porter was sooooo underrated.

Honorable Mention: PMatic: Great team, very balanced & versatile… J Kidd & GHill? The only Co-Rookies of the year I believe… On the same team? I worry about Kyle’s ability to defend the Prime time Ray Allen’s, Tracy’s, BRoy’s, PG’s & Pearl but he’ll more than make them work on the other end with his screen running and shooting. Marc & Bosh would complement each other very well on both sides of the floor. Both are excellent passers and defenders. Both can play down in the post and stretch the floor.

Back
Top Bottom