C Alonzo Mourning
B Kenny Anderson
B Byron Scott
B Andre Iguodala
B Danny Manning
B Brad Daugherty
B Rudy Gay
B Nate McMillan

I wish my team could matchup with CP's team in real life.

Payton vs Billups would make one hell of a chess match. Two big point guards going at each other and neither have a true advantage posting the other up.

Roy vs Allen - These guys would struggle defending each other (more so Ray than Roy due to Roy's playmaking ability). But, Roy would probably struggle fighting through screens to get to Ray.

Artest vs Bird - This could potentially be a mismatch. I'm not even sure prime Ron could contain Bird :lol: .

Malone vs LMA - I honestly think Malone would make LMA his *****. I look at this matchup similar to Artest / Bird, except I favor Malone over LMA.

Camby vs Zo - would be a great matchup on the defensive side of the ball. Similar to the PG matchup

My counter?

I bring in Iggy at the 2.

Keep CB v GP
Ray v Roy
Matchup Iggy with Ron
Slide Bird to the PF and make Malone have to guard on the perimeter, then defensively I put Zo on Malone, let Bird cover Camby.

Technically, I could do that with LMA too, he could cross guard Camby with Zo still on Malone.

I have a lot of options/mix and matches.

Ive seen Artest guard Brandon Roy in 09, that **** wasn't close even if it wasn't a peak defensive level Artest.

I'd want to see my team match up and let everyone clear out and let Mark Eaton and Alonzo go one on one for 48 minutes.

J, I would demand you go with Eaton, Dunc, and Amare all at the same time with Russ and Pierce.

Last edited:
Yeah, watching Bird torch Amar'e on the perimeter would be a blast to see 
laugh.gif
 along with all of them clogging the lane.

Our starting line-ups match up pretty well against each other as is.. Russ vs Billups, Jones vs. Ray, Pierce vs. Bird, Duncan vs. Lamarcus, Eaton vs. Alonzo.

I'd be tempted to bring in a guy like Draymond to cover Bird.. or at least try to 
laugh.gif
 but maybe I just let Pierce get cooked all game and deal with Bird going off.

Last edited:
:lol: I didn't just mean matched up with me, I just meant overall, that lineup would be fantastic. I don't even think the paint would be "that" clogged, Dunc and Stat can step out and a hit a mid range when needed.

But defensively, all that wing span, with Russ running wild in smaller passing lanes. >*

I didn't think about Pierce at the 2 that often, but I'd have to ask Amar'e to cover 3s? That would be rough. I'd probably go with Draymond, Amar'e, Duncan, in that case. 

And brackets would be cool.

Last edited:
We should do brackets

oooooohhhhh, I like that.

How do we split them tho?

1-30
2-29

Etc?

Or do we straight go 1-15, 16-30?

How much typing do I have to do tho, that's what I really need to know. :lol: I've worked my *** off on this thread already, I dunno how much more I got in me. :lol:

Yessir finally caved n got one with this new iPhone. App is actually pretty cool to see what's going on in the world.

If no one else jumps on it, I'll have some free time and can throw together a randomized bracket later tonight. Or maybe separate the "top" teams and give them a higher seeding and randomize the rest.

If we can get a bracket set up we can do two days of poll voting for each match up.

Both matchup owners need to write a post on why their team would win then spend the next two days answering questions and defending their team/picking the other team apart

Back
Top Bottom