NT's All Time NBA ReDraft Thread: GR8 Write Up Page 187, Bracket Final Vote

1. Allen

2. Cp

3. Cake (would be higher if he wasn't starting half man/half season)
laugh.gif

4.Big J

5. pro

FinallyFamous and LTB in the running for the 2 worse teams in the draft
mean.gif
sick.gif

Mamba team is so overrated

Running for worse team? Really? With all the quality talent I have on my team? AD, DeAndre, Yao, Clyde Drexler, Jimmy butler, Derrick Rose, Danny green etc... Athleticism, defense, shooting, passing, high IQ... But I have the worse basketball team in the draft Lol. :lol:

Alright, that says everything I need to know.
Yeah that makes me salty, that's just blasphemy. What kind of judging criteria is being used for such an opinion? Did you even for a second think or evaluate the players on my team? Or did you just see Jason Williams and automatically assume the rest of my team is Wack?

Absurd.

Especially coming from a guy who couldn't even spell the names of the players he was picking out of a hat.

See you guys in the next one, peace out. [emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]️

Last edited:
Lot of great teams here. There are some tough omissions. Trying to whittle it down but I can't decide which one to leave out of my top 10, so here's my top 11.
laugh.gif

No order:

Allen

CP

Bhz

PMatic

Cake

Big J

Osh

Awwsome

Statis

Franchise

Retro

I really wanted to like your team, the shooting/scoring is incredible, I'm just not sure about the defense other than Ben Wallace and Klay. I just think there are other teams with better balance. Also you lost me a little bit with the Derek Fisher pick in the 7th round.

[quote name="Mamba MVP"][quote name="Bigmike23"]Mamba team is so overrated[/quote]View media item 1724242
Good thing the words of an illiterate mean very little.[/quote]Not going to lie, that was exactly my response reading that. :lol:

I really wanted to like your team, the shooting/scoring is incredible, I'm just not sure about the defense other than Ben Wallace and Klay. I just think there are other teams with better balance. Also you lost me a little bit with the Derek Fisher pick in the 7th round.

Yeah, offensively you have enough fire power to keep you in ANY game but your matador defense will get you killed most nights :lol:

I liked the Fisher pick, simply for the role he would play with that group.

He at least tries on defense, he doesn't need the ball, but can handle it when required, and he can spot up off kick outs.

He's clutch, and he's proven.

Now, he'd get murdered by Magic, Isiah, Payton, Stockton, etc in terms of best of the best, but for just the role Addict4 needed with Harden, Dirk, Ellis, Klay, he would fit in there pretty good.

What other catch and shoot PG with a lil bit of defense could he have snagged that would have fit that group better, and not needed the ball in his hands?

I liked the Fisher pick, simply for the role he would play with that group.

He at least tries on defense, he doesn't need the ball, but can handle it when required, and he can spot up off kick outs.

He's clutch, and he's proven.

Now, he'd get murdered by Magic, Isiah, Payton, Stockton, etc in terms of best of the best, but for just the role Addict4 needed with Harden, Dirk, Ellis, Klay, he would fit in there pretty good.

What other catch and shoot PG with a lil bit of defense could he have snagged that would have fit that group better, and not needed the ball in his hands?

Me.

Actually, I need the ball in my hands... Who am I kidding?

I think you could have gotten Fisher later or a comparable player in a later round. Fisher would have been taken, but in the 7th round? Ehh..

And even though we still would have built different teams, seeing a lot of CP and Allen top picks makes me wonder how our teams would have looked if I grabbed Bird instead of Duncan ahead of CP. Or if I went with Frazier instead of Russy. I'm still salty that Carmelo lasted as long as he did, an absolute steal at that point in time.

I think the other one I'm still debating and thinking about is not grabbing Serge when I could have. I just LOVED prime Amare so I wanted that kind of offensive firepower. Although seeing Serge and Dwight paired together is awesome. That's what makes this draft so cool.

Everyone built a solid team, even teams like JA, Be Easy, franchise, Champ or other guys who might not be getting a lot of love.. still have really good teams. Although I'm still struggling to understand FF picking Russell for his starting PG 
laugh.gif

I think a lot of teams suffered from picking older players. Not that their team isn't strong enough or can't compete, but most of us really don't know much about some of these legends except for one or two things.. so those teams probably got ignored a bit unfairly.

And 
roll.gif
 @ Mike throwing LTB's team in there as one of the worst. Simply because I knew he would get mad and respond. 
laugh.gif

Glad you mentioned that Big J.

I certainly would have a diff look if you pulled Bird.

My main 2 what ifs were if I was able to pull Sheed instead of LMA, or....
I was prepping to move Bird to PF and grab Peja.

Billups
Ray
Peja
Bird
Zo

Or

Billups
Ray
Bird
Sheed
Zo

I wonder how I would have adjusted my bench from there. I really, really wanted Sheed with Zo as a stretch 4 + elite defender. I'd rival Addict4 shooting wise. :frown:

My top 8 (in no order)

CP

Best starting 5 of the draft, back court of three guys that give opposing fans heart attacks when they are left open and in larry legend's case he doesnt even need to be open. Incredible floor spacing, then you add in mr panties himself for even more splash. Zo holding it down low is amazing even though none of these guys are terrible defenders. Bench is also a bunch of solid guys, no standouts but they will do their job.

Statis

"They cant stop me, even if they stopped me" I wanted to have one glass cannon team on my top 8 and it was between this and addict (harden/dirk team). Nash with wade and kemp cutting to the basket is just scary and theo is a pretty good finished himself. I gave this team the slight edge because they are a bit better defensively and nash is way better at running an offence than harden who really struggles when he doesnt get whistles. Off the bench is a nonstop onslaught of scorers who play perfectly off of nash (to be fair everyone does). Mike bibby is a very solid back up pg that can be played in small lineups as well to spread the floor (since wade isnt the best shooter)

LTB

the overall skill of the starting front court is just filthy, I thought about moving rose to the starting 5 but I think it would work better to have him be a spark off the bench while white chocolate feeds the starters. two very solid 3 and d guys in jj and green coming off the bench. a potential DJ and AD front line is scary to think about, blocks and rebounds galore. My only problem with this team is that there are 3 back up centres, there are only 48 minutes in a basketball game so stacking up the C position feels like at least one of these talents will be under used

BHZ

Grit and Grind. A team with above average scorers that only needs to score 85 points a game to win. Facing this team will leave you more banged up than a fight with floyd mayweather, bring your hockey pads. This is my favourite team of the draft even though the starting PF hunts little girls on his free time.

Osh

steph and tmac are two of the greatest heat check guys of all time, and the rest of the lineup covers up defensive issues while providing floor spacing. Great combo of shooting and multi skilled big men off the bench to create a modern spurs vibe of seamlessly subbing players in and out without affecting the pace of the offence. Another team that takes advantage of modern rules.

Pmatic

Best passing team of the draft and bonus points for making the 30th pick work. Prime Kidd is easily a top 5 all time PG and holds a size advantage over most of his competition. Marc and Bosh are not all time great rebounders but having a PG that can grab 10 rebounds on any given night makes up for it. The floor spacing on this team is incredible, even with prime ason kidd. Having two more highly mobile and highly skilled bigs in lamar and vlade off the bench is the icing on the cake. For entertainment reasons I wish there was a more athletic big on the team to catch kidd's lobs but I guess grant hill will do for now.

Franchise

Kareem and Rodman holding down the paint. This might be the second best defensive team in the draft (starting lineup wise), and while being great defenders the wings are able to run and gun with KJ. When the game slows down there's always the unstoppable skyhook to rely on, so this really is a super well balanced team that can score in multiple ways and defend with the best of them. 

Big J

Another team that can play at different paces. You have Paul Pierce and TD, two masters of the half court offence who can grind it out and wear you down. Then you have westbrook and amare who push the pace from 0 to 100 as soon as they get their hands on the basketball. Mark Price was a great pick, very underrated and great defensive anchor, who paired with all time great defender tim duncan makes for a tough paint to score on. 

Some thoughts on my logic behind these picks:

I pick teams based on who would win in a 7 game series. Because it is a do or die series the value of starters (who can easily play 37+ min per game each baring foul trouble) is far greater than bench players. I would say 80% starters 20% bench in terms of how much I valued each part of the team when doing evaluations. I valued team fit over raw talent. Unfortunately I am not CP's age and was not alive in the 50s so a lot of the old timers teams were probably vastly underrated by me since I just dont know enough about the players other than looking up stats. There is a chance that FF's team is the best team of the draft however I stopped looking at it after reading PG - Deangelo Russell and skipped right to the next team. 

Last edited:
I think you could have gotten Fisher later or a comparable player in a later round. Fisher would have been taken, but in the 7th round? Ehh..

And even though we still would have built different teams, seeing a lot of CP and Allen top picks makes me wonder how our teams would have looked if I grabbed Bird instead of Duncan ahead of CP. Or if I went with Frazier instead of Russy. I'm still salty that Carmelo lasted as long as he did, an absolute steal at that point in time.

I think the other one I'm still debating and thinking about is not grabbing Serge when I could have. I just LOVED prime Amare so I wanted that kind of offensive firepower. Although seeing Serge and Dwight paired together is awesome. That's what makes this draft so cool.

Everyone built a solid team, even teams like JA, Be Easy, franchise, Champ or other guys who might not be getting a lot of love.. still have really good teams. Although I'm still struggling to understand FF picking Russell for his starting PG :lol:

I think a lot of teams suffered from picking older players. Not that their team isn't strong enough or can't compete, but most of us really don't know much about some of these legends except for one or two things.. so those teams probably got ignored a bit unfairly.

And :rofl:  @ Mike throwing LTB's team in there as one of the worst. Simply because I knew he would get mad and respond. :lol:  

I think my starting lineup falls in this category (well, ****....most of my team :lol: )

Sabonis
Nance
Pippen
Richmond
Marbury

I don't see how this lineup would have a lot of difficulty with a lot of the teams people say are the best in this draft. Obviously, I'm heavily biased...but still :lol:

[quote name="Seymore CAKE"]People are picking C CP1708 because he put the whole thing together :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :smh:[/quote]Fax.

And I mean, it ain't like his squad is trash.

But the dude who runs it running away with the #1 spot? Obvious results are obvious. :lol:

His lineup definitely stands out so not surprised it's getting a lot of "somewhere in the top 8" votes (though not necessarily first place votes)

I do wonder how LMA would hold up in a league of legendary talent though

Cake, Ska, P, and Senor.........

All 4 of you submitted votes and included me. You did so because I opened the thread?

Each non participating judge has also listed me, except one. They did so, cuz I opened the thread that they weren't invited to?????

I can remove myself from voting if people really believe that's what's goin on, I don't want anyone to feel they're bein cheated.

Cake, Ska, P, and Senor.........

All 4 of you submitted votes and included me. You did so because I opened the thread?

Each non participating judge has also listed me, except one. They did so, cuz I opened the thread that they weren't invited to?????

I can remove myself from voting if people really believe that's what's goin on, I don't want anyone to feel they're bein cheated.

Shut up, you know I'm just giving you a hard time :lol:

Hey, I was just offerin in case people really felt it. I'm a fair guy, peace, love all that bull ****. :lol:

[quote name="CP1708"]Cake, Ska, P, and Senor.........

All 4 of you submitted votes and included me. You did so because I opened the thread?[/quote]Correct.

Why else would I vote for your squad? Your one Laker is Byron, and you have 2 guys who were Finals MVPs in Finals Laker losses. [quote name="Seymore CAKE"]Shut up, you know I'm just giving you a hard time :lol:[/quote]Yep.

Just messing around, CP. Honest. See my halo? :smile:

This is awesome (no Hakeem). I told you that from the jump.

(Larry & Chauncey :smh:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom