NT's All Time NBA ReDraft Thread: GR8 Write Up Page 187, Bracket Final Vote

I'm buying it, the game wasn't nearly as popular therefore some of the best athletes never even played it.

It ain't about humans evolving its about the game evolving.

How you going to say the game is more sophisticated but the players back then were just as talented? Their games weren't even tailored to modern principles.

You really think the 96 guys in the league back then are on the level of the guys now that's your opinion but I don't.

The game was more sophisticated because improvements in coaching adn adaptatioons to 3 point line, not becuase humans born after 65' were smarter. if Russel played now what exactly would stop him from absorbing modern concepts? He's a smart guy, so to punish him for the environment he played him doesn't make sense.

Thats like saying well michael jordan never had to deal with, modern illegal defense rules so there fore I can't put him above any player after 2006,

the only way to do this is to look at guy performance relative to era. and his teams were so much better on defense, so consistently, regardless of the roster composition.

Russel of all the 50's-60's players should be the easiest to evaluate, he was a 6-10 freak ahtlete a dude, who was essentially a coach on the floor. What is preventing him from figuring out how to ICE a screen, or hedge to the 3 point line and recover?

Last edited:
I don't think some of you realize that until we take away the owners names from the teams and give NEW, OBJECTIVE nt'ers who don't know who owns what team, a chance to judge, we won't ever get fair or 100% objective opinions.

Your reputation in s&t, along with personal bias', affect all of the voting in some shape or form.

I don't think some of you realize that until we take away the owners names from the teams and give NEW, OBJECTIVE nt'ers who don't know who owns what team, a chance to judge, we won't ever get fair or 100% objective opinions.

Your reputation in s&t, along with personal bias', affect all of the voting in some shape or form.

I never thought of it like that :lol: . What makes you say that?

My reputation on NT is being a "homer", but I don't think I don't think it affected my votes.

Last edited:
JRS... Bring That *** HERE BWOIIII!!!!

:rofl: :lol:
these old men finna give you that work b
JRS... Bring That *** HERE BWOIIII!!!!

:rofl: :lol:
these old men finna give you that work b

hahaha.gif

[quote name="bhzmafia14"][quote name="LiCeNseD To BaLL"]I don't think some of you realize that until we take away the owners names from the teams and give NEW, OBJECTIVE nt'ers who don't know who owns what team, a chance to judge, we won't ever get fair or 100% objective opinions.

Your reputation in s&t, along with personal bias', affect all of the voting in some shape or form.[/quote]

I never thought of it like that :lol: . What makes you say that?

My reputation on NT is being a "homer", but I don't think I don't think it affected my votes.[/quote]Has nothing to do with your reputation label and more to do with your reputation in terms of who vibes with you and who can't stand you.

People absolutely vote accordingly.

Thinking that people put their opinions in their back pocket for a vote is INCREDIBLY naive.

And to respond, "Well I don't do that. I can't stand ______ but he's in my top 10, and I'm normally feeling _______ but I honestly think his squad is buns" is shortsighted.

Last edited:
[quote name="Osh Kosh Bosh"] The whole less talent thing I have never bought and will never buy, the game was less sophisticated sure, but that has nothing to do with the inherit talent level of the players. Human beings haven't evolved, we are still the same spices.[/quote]Evolved is absolutely not the right word

Evolved? No. Improved? Absolutely.

Why do Olympic records continue to be broken Every. Single. Olympic Games?

Because the athletes improve their stamina, strength, endurance, and overall ability.

Here I was thinking the fact that I get along well with most everyone in the draft/S&T would have at least got me by Mike.

- Begin SurveyPlanet survey embed
https://surveyplanet.com/5609682b77643d2472127d89

Poll is up. By all means, LTB, go out and spread the word to new NTers who haven't been following the thread. If people want to do a little write-up why their team should win the matchup, you can PM it to me and I'll post it so others won't know who your team is. Of course, all of us in here know everyone's teams.. but for those unaware it'll help keep the bias down.

We'd have 5 rounds to get through, so a couple of days should be plenty of time to vote on each round. 

Last edited:
[quote name="bhzmafia14"]whoever don't vibe with me, tell me now. i bet you'll vibe with these handz :nerd:[/quote]:lol:

Poll is up. By all means, LTB, go out and spread the word to new NTers who haven't been following the thread. If people want to do a little write-up why their team should win the matchup, you can PM it to me and I'll post it so others won't know who your team is. Of course, all of us in here know everyone's teams.. but for those unaware it'll help keep the bias down.

We'd have 5 rounds to get through, so a couple of days should be plenty of time to vote on each round. 

Can you edit my starting five: Moving Bill Laimbeer to the bench in for David West?

I want to kick CP in his chins for not making the edit on the first page like I requested :smh:

It's my day off and I don't feel like doing the things I need to do... so I'm chillin 
laugh.gif

I voted as well... No BS... I saw Deangelo Russell and voted for the other team.

I looked at the full rosters before clicking submit, but yeah, that was enough for me.

I'm sorry but just seeing his name in that starting slot in this format is really just :rofl:, especially when a guard like Mahmoud Abdul Rauf was available :lol: :smh:

Evolved is absolutely not the right word

Evolved? No. Improved? Absolutely.

Why do Olympic records continue to be broken Every. Single. Olympic Games?

Because the athletes improve their stamina, strength, endurance, and overall ability.

common misconception.

I recommend a book called "the sports gene"

Most of the improvements in times and endurance come down to improvements in technology, training and nutrition and specialization of body types. The humans bodies back then still held the same athletic potential, or rather if not the same the difference is marginal for this discussion. and basketball was already specialized for hieght.

For example if you account for the loss of enegery n the different running surface, and shoes, Jesse owens in 1936 would basically be stride for with usain bolts record. Usian would be faster, but only slightly.

Did the US produce less basketball players, sure, but only 96 were in the NBA. probabaly only 60% or less of them played mayjor minutes. your telling that america could get 63 quality atheletes on par with atheltic potential of the average in the NBA today?\

Whatch film of Russel, he's an elite athlete,it's obvious now what would he look like if he had modern training methods, modern nutrition? The gap between him and the rest of the NBA would be close to the same IMO.

if anything playing in the 50's underrates his greatness.

Russel is the greatest defensive player to ever live. Period. It should be universal constant when discusisng basketball, like the speed of light it should be an unchangable constant.

The gap between him and everyone else is too big to made up by questions of the era he played in.

Voted.

Back
Top Bottom