NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

a few more things came in this week, in the photo below:

-DD 16 in upper
-2 Palmetto State Armory stripped lowers
-13" Troy TRX Battlerail
-Troy low profile gas block
-VLTOR Emod stock

Should have the lower put together by Monday. The upper is going to be a good bit more work. Didn't realize the flash hider was pinned (everything i read mentioned they don't pin it). I figure i'd just have a bit of a hard time getting the FSB pins out and getting the low pro on, looks like it's gonna be a few days longer than i expected.

357pugl.jpg

richiecotite, the flash hider is pinned to bring the barrel over 16" so it's a non NFA rifle. You may have to send it off to get your rail and gas block installed. Either take it to a good gunsmith who will re-pin the flash hider or send it in to a company like ADCO who will do it. But you have to re-pin it or it will be considered a short barreled rifle.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

richiecotite, the flash hider is pinned to bring the barrel over 16" so it's a non NFA rifle. You may have to send it off to get your rail and gas block installed. Either take it to a good gunsmith who will re-pin the flash hider or send it in to a company like ADCO who will do it. But you have to re-pin it or it will be considered a short barreled rifle.

Not necessarily. I haven't put anything together, the lower is not registered as a rifle, so technically i could remove the flash hider, put it together minus stock, and it would be considered a pistol.

Honestly, i think i might just cut the fsb down and put the rail on. might be a little ugly, but the rail will hide it. If i do this, i'd probably go ahead and get a battlecomp muzzle break instead of the A2.  

*edit* Lebronh8r, not sure if you were refering to me, but no, i am not a member of the NRA, and have no plans of joining a radical organization like that, although i did join the VCDL (hypocrisy @ its finest
roll.gif
)

richiecotite if you do decide to just cut down the FSB here are some instructions.

Also what do you have against the NRA?

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
Make your own cut-down low profile gas block, step by step:

First, I started with a FSB that I had to dremel into to get the pins out. It was otherwise ruined, so I figured, why not cut it down???

fsb1.jpg

Get a dremel and a cut-off tool, and start whacking the top off. I didnt even burn up one disc for the whole project!

fsb2.jpg

First step complete:

fsb3.jpg

Now cut off the sling mount and bayo lug, if desired:

fsb4.jpg

Here is what she looks like at this point. Ugly!

fsb6.jpg

The rest will be done with a sanding drum.... or you can use a griding stone. I find the drums, while they burn up quick, go a little faster:

fsb7.jpg

Most of the rough work is done. At this point, just smooth it up a bit to look better:

fsb8.jpg

If you are going to mount your FSB back on the same barrel it came off of.... then re-use your taper pins. If you are going to mount the FSB on a different barrel, you will need to drill and tap for set screws to hold it to the barrel. I then drilled with a #21 drill, and tapped with a 10-32 tap. I also had to taper-grind my set screws.... so they were more "pointy" on the front. Without doing this, they would bottom out against the barrel with hardly any threads, and would strip out. Dont get them too tight or they will trip. Use red-loctite on them so they wont back off.

fsb9.jpg

A quick coat with flat black spray paint:

fsb10.jpg

Finished product:

fsb11.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td][/tr][/table]

The biggest issue i have with the NRA is the way they use fear to fire up their base. I think wayne lapierre is a douschebag, and they've skewed so far from their original purpose (to promote and educate the public about shooting sports) into really, just another group of K street bandits.

imi still looking at the px4 storm subcompact... debating if the i should just get the 9mm because i think the .40 might kick to much because of the small gun..

My PTR91K with 6" tactical rail, Gripod, and Harris Bipod...ACOG Optic to come soon.  Shoots a NATO 7.62 x 51 or .308 extremely accurate rifle.  Also, my Sig P226 .40 Cal with Sig Laser and custom beaver tail...
d9526316cbe5dd629f99ed3096410f3e9bb2a6bd_r.jpg

9972679600eddd669249ce32f5e2411700f74f72_r.jpg

58616864e4d798953875029dd4f735a4c6db7ad8_r.jpg

Sorry if this was answered...

This year I'm going for my FL carry/conceal license. Anyway, I want to purchase maybe a glock or S&W...would it be wise to purchase at a gun show or store? I'm worried about the quality at a gun show and other stuff being on the pistol (illegal, etc..) I've never been to a gun show so I don't know the ins and outs...any advice for this noob would be great.

Peace!

Originally Posted by richiecotite

F'n beautiful...thats definitely a high quality, heavy hitting combo

Triz, what made you choose the px4?

laugh.gif
I have no idea.... I was looking around for a conceal piece and can across it.... I liked the look of it.. It has that short stubby English bulldog look... Went to the gun shop and it felt good in the hand. I liked the ergonomics of it... Now i'm debating if a 40 will be to snappy for for a gun with that short of a barrel .

Originally Posted by richiecotite

The biggest issue i have with the NRA is the way they use fear to fire up their base. I think wayne lapierre is a douschebag, and they've skewed so far from their original purpose (to promote and educate the public about shooting sports) into really, just another group of K street bandits.

Their purpose now is two fold; they still do the public education thing but a big and I do feel most important part is they fight to oppose new gun legislation. Hell now they are trying to bring suppressors into the main stream and I know even you can appreciate that.
Originally Posted by YoungTriz

imi still looking at the px4 storm subcompact... debating if the i should just get the 9mm because i think the .40 might kick to much because of the small gun..
.40 will be snappy regardless so I'd go 9mm. Also 9mm is cheaper an with modern JHP ammo there really isn't too much difference between the rounds.
Originally Posted by Antcyalater

Sorry if this was answered...

This year I'm going for my FL carry/conceal license. Anyway, I want to purchase maybe a glock or S&W...would it be wise to purchase at a gun show or store? I'm worried about the quality at a gun show and other stuff being on the pistol (illegal, etc..) I've never been to a gun show so I don't know the ins and outs...any advice for this noob would be great.

Peace!

You may find a deal at the gun show but don't expect it. Every gun show I've been to sucked in terms of pricing. With gun shows, as long as the guy is a private seller you can just purchase and go but if you feel they are sketchy I'd avoid the person. I got lucky and picked up my M&P on sale at a local gun shop. I say just go with where you find the best pricing and start by looking online. 

thanks AR GUY... yeah im gonna go with the 9mm... ill save the .40 for a different type a gun maybe a full size of just the compact...

Went to the range this past Sat and man, that place just puts me in a good mood
laugh.gif

My accuracy has gotten better at 25yd though I still pull to the right at times. Got to fire my boy's Hi Point .45 again, a H&K 9mm and a Ruger P95.

Hightpoint is bulky and extremely ugly, but the accuracy is pretty damn good for a value firearm. I didn't like the P95 too much, don't know if it's bc it was a rented gun but the slide felt too loose and double backed after a round in sort of a springy action. The H&K felt good in my hands and light actually, but again, I did empty a clip in my XD45 before the H&K.

I'm lookin into a small-medium .380 or 9mm and see a few used ones at the gun shop. after I research I'll probably go put the deposit down since they have 90day layaway.

What would yall recommend? Keep in mind that I need something that is lighter and easier to conceal than my XD45

Did anybody here follow Shot 2012?
SA announced the XDs a concealable .45. Its only 5+1 though. Looks promising for those with a permit .

Will be keeping an eye out for it myself. 

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Went to the range this past Sat and man, that place just puts me in a good mood
laugh.gif

My accuracy has gotten better at 25yd though I still pull to the right at times. Got to fire my boy's Hi Point .45 again, a H&K 9mm and a Ruger P95.

Hightpoint is bulky and extremely ugly, but the accuracy is pretty damn good for a value firearm. I didn't like the P95 too much, don't know if it's bc it was a rented gun but the slide felt too loose and double backed after a round in sort of a springy action. The H&K felt good in my hands and light actually, but again, I did empty a clip in my XD45 before the H&K.

I'm lookin into a small-medium .380 or 9mm and see a few used ones at the gun shop. after I research I'll probably go put the deposit down since they have 90day layaway.

What would yall recommend? Keep in mind that I need something that is lighter and easier to conceal than my XD45

Bruh...@ 25 yards i cant even see the damn target
laugh.gif
, i'd say your doing better than most.

i wouldn't mind shooting a hi-point; everyone knocks them but my philosophy is as long as it shoots straight and doesn't give you problems (misfeeds/misfires) i'll hold on to it. at least try it and have something to keep in my trunk. I had a p95, that was my first legit gun, and the trigger is horrible, but it'll definitely run for you.

I'm in the same boat as you, i been carrying my fnp but im thinking of going with something smaller. I've been looking @ the keltec pf9 and the kahr cm9, with lenings toward the kahr.

I'm back fellas. Been back for a few weeks actually, just been too lazy to post I guess. Anyway excellent pickups guys, and good to see y'all getting into gun building. Good way to know your weapon intimately.

RichieCotite let's get up for sure for the Nation's Gun Show on the 11th and or the 12th. I know for sure I'm going to buy my woman a Gen4 Glock 26, hope to find it for less than $550. Not sure what I'm going to get myself...all depends on how impulsive I feel like being.  Anyway good to be back!!!

35lburr.jpg

^ good to see you back man!

PM sent.

I see your going with a single point sling. Any reason a single vs. a 2 point system? Just starting to look slings and *shudders at the price* optics.
*edit*

jd772000, a couple of questions 

1) do you carry concealed or open? I feel like you've mentioned you carry the fullsize and compact It looks the rig you've got above is for open carry, but i only CC with IWB holsters; otherwise it's OC and a bladetech (which i don't do very often) 

2) how is it carrying such a large light? I have a TLR3 on my nightstand pistol, but it would seem awkward/cumbersome to carry with a light on. 

Back
Top Bottom