NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

S&W revolvers are generally the standard when it comes to revolvers, rugers are pretty solid (especially the security six model), I had a Taurus and it seemed pretty decent. Frow what I've read the scandium/aairweight models suck to shoot in magnum caliber though

Y'all dudes finding 9mm on the shelves are just rubbing it in now :tongue:

Last edited:
S&W revolvers are generally the standard when it comes to revolvers, rugers are pretty solid (especially the security six model), I had a Taurus and it seemed pretty decent. Frow what I've read the scandium/aairweight models suck to shoot in magnum caliber though

Y'all dudes finding 9mm on the shelves are just rubbing it in now :tongue:

Yea im not into j frames tho so i think a s&w is out. Theyre jus not that attractive to me. And also i feel like they never have a right sized barrel length. Id like the 619 if they chopped it down a bit.

I wish 90% of the smaller frames werent chambered n 38 special. I really think the ruger sp101 may be the ticket in .357

One dude in here has one 8

[COLOR=#red]The silver lining of the whole 9mm ammo shortage is that it made me find out about alternative resources for buying ammo which is actually cheaper and more efficient than relying on retail stores like Walmart and gunshops. I mean it's too easy...just find the best price via an aggregator site and buy...few days later bulk ammo order arrives.

Sure it isn't the instant gratification of picking up a few boxes from the store, but what it lacks in instant fulfillment it makes up with more ammo at cheaper prices most of the time.[/COLOR]

Haven't been ammo shopping n a long minute. Too busy lately to get any range time in so I still have stockpiles...

/\ good call eaalto that's not a good deal... Look for the UMC 500 rd packs of 9mm

Walmart sells them for 64 n change. I've only seem them a stock a handful of times but anytime I see em instance cop x 2.

That's the only ammo that I've ever had an issue with. I had about 4 failures to feed out of a single box, and it happened in 2 of my guns (Sig P226, Sig P290). No issues with Winchester White Box, Winchester Hollow, Federal, Magtech, but my gun(s) had issues with the Remington ammo.

Here's a pic so you can see the snag:

Long time lurker, first time poster/buyer.

I've narrowed down my first purchase to a Springfield XDm 9mm compact. The cheapest that I've found them online is for $549, free shipping. Does this sound reasonable?

I'm in Colorado. I've researched the laws and it looks like all that they require is a simple background check for purchase. Concealed permits are available, although I'm not quite sure how hard they are to obtain out here. Anybody familiar with Colorado gun laws in regards to concealment?
:nerd:

Sounds like a good price to me. I think that's close to what my Mom sells Springfields for in her store.

Sounds like a good price to me. I think that's close to what my Mom sells Springfields for in her store.

thanks bruh.

can't wait, it's been months of research and prep - I'm ready. this will be my first firearm purchase.

White House doesn't have the juice to do anything, especially with the whole 'gun control debate' taking a backseat to the gov shutdown and the debt ceiling...dems definitely took note of the recall in Colorado. I think for the time being, we (gun owners) are our own worst enemies (driving up gun prices, gobbling ammo, etc)

I didn't expect anything to happen back when the outrage was high and I still don't expect anything to happen now.

The point he was making is had everyone remained calm, there would likely be plenty of ammo for everyone.

Yea im not into j frames tho so i think a s&w is out. Theyre jus not that attractive to me. And also i feel like they never have a right sized barrel length. Id like the 619 if they chopped it down a bit.

I wish 90% of the smaller frames werent chambered n 38 special. I really think the ruger sp101 may be the ticket in .357

One dude in here has one 8
If you don't like S&W stick to Ruger.  Do not get a Taurus.  I've seen so many Taurus' get sent back to the factory, some even multiple times to get fixed.  They are just not a quality gun.  S&W  also has more then just the J frame, that's just there smallest run.  Unless you plan to conceal carry this gun you don't really need something that small.  The reason most small frame guns aren't in 357 is because they'd hurt like a ***** to shoot especially the airweights. 

The SP101 is a great gun.  Good weight and great balance.  I like the four inch as it has the adjustable rear sight instead of a fixed sight like the 2 and 3 inch models.  If you are looking for a lightweight, small frame 357 mag Ruger also carries the LCR in that caliber.

I have 3 Ruger revolvers if you're wondering.

Long time lurker, first time poster/buyer.

I've narrowed down my first purchase to a Springfield XDm 9mm compact. The cheapest that I've found them online is for $549, free shipping. Does this sound reasonable?

I'm in Colorado. I've researched the laws and it looks like all that they require is a simple background check for purchase. Concealed permits are available, although I'm not quite sure how hard they are to obtain out here. Anybody familiar with Colorado gun laws in regards to concealment?
nerd.gif
549 is a great price for the gun, but keep in mind gun stores generally hate internet transfers.  Different FFLs have different fees for receiving guns from the internet and that could be a factor in your purchase.  If you want to make some good connections for future buys I'd def look into buying your guns at a local store.

If you don't like S&W stick to Ruger.  Do not get a Taurus.  I've seen so many Taurus' get sent back to the factory, some even multiple times to get fixed.  They are just not a quality gun.  S&W  also has more then just the J frame, that's just there smallest run.  Unless you plan to conceal carry this gun you don't really need something that small.  The reason most small frame guns aren't in 357 is because they'd hurt like a ***** to shoot especially the airweights. 

The SP101 is a great gun.  Good weight and great balance.  I like the four inch as it has the adjustable rear sight instead of a fixed sight like the 2 and 3 inch models.  If you are looking for a lightweight, small frame 357 mag Ruger also carries the LCR in that caliber.

I have 3 Ruger revolvers if you're wondering.

I don't know if you're referring to Taurus revolvers or all models, but I don't think that's true at all..I have a Taurus 9mm and it's great..Put around 600 rounds through it and never had one problem..Not saying that there aren't Taurus' out there that haven't had problems, but that's true for all manufacturers..I know people that have had nothing but problems out of S&K, Sig, and even the all mighty Glock..But that doesn't mean I would tell people to stay away from them..Taurus is a solid brand that's an affordable option for those that don't have 9-1200 bucks to drop on the "premium brands"..

I'm just saying that in my experience, Taurus' get sent back to the factory more than any other manufacturer I've seen.

549 is a great price for the gun, but keep in mind gun stores generally hate internet transfers.  Different FFLs have different fees for receiving guns from the internet and that could be a factor in your purchase.  If you want to make some good connections for future buys I'd def look into buying your guns at a local store.

Word, I feel you. Bass Pro Shop is my ffl, and I've already spoken to them and they're cool with doing the transfer. Its $40($30 to Bass Pro, $10 to the state for the background check)

Cheapest I could find it locally was $619, plus tax & the background check fee would have made it an easy $700+.

$549, free shipping, no tax, +$40 was the cheapest I could find it.

Already shipped, it'll be at Bass on Monday, in my hands by midweek. :nerd:

I don't think I've ever paid over 300 bucks for a gun haha

:rolleyes

I made a score at Walmart, got there this morning around 9:15 (working from home FTW) to check for ammo. Didn't see anything on the shelf, but amazingly the sporting goods employee was there and asked what I was looking for. I told him 9mm he says casually they have some they haven't put out yet. Got 3 100 packs of WWB for 26.xx per. 1st time buying 9mm ammo at Walmart this year. At least now I don't have to waste my second line self defense ammo just to feed the glocks.

Last edited:
Damn it's been awhile since I've been in this thread.  Glad to see it going strong still.  There seems to be some people missing though from when this thread started, y'all know who you are.....post up them new toys....lol.  Anyway, I forgot my old screen name so I made a new one.  Don't know if anyone remembers the couple of pics I posted when I first started buying guns, so I figured I'll post them up again along with some new items I've gotten since then.  (Elder Watson Diggs, you remember me?  I lost your number bro.  We need to get together if you're still in the H). 

Before I post them up though, I just want to say, that this thread was my go to place to learn about guns when I first started buying.  I loved looking at the pics and I learned alot from this thread, and from here, I found alot of other informative sites such as arfcom that educated me that much further.  So I just want to say thanks to everyone in this thread.  I've only been buying guns now for a little over a year or two now, so my collection isn't as big, but without further ado.....

S.A. Xdm 40 and Kimber Warrior my first two pistols.

Noveske 16" Recon w/Switchblock,my first AR (Bottom).  Noveske 14.5" Afghan w/pinned and welded flash hider (Top).  Noveske Gen II Lowers that will eventually turn into a Noveske 8.2" and a Noveske 10.2" 300BLK SBR (Don't have pics of the barrels though), just waiting for the stamps.  Plan on getting another Gen II lower that I want to turn into either a 10.5" or 12.5" 5.56.  As you can see, I'm a Noveske fanboy.

Gen 4 Glock 21

My latest acquisition.  FNX 45 Tactical.

(Not my Pic).....Got this in February, still waiting on stamp, hopefully this month or November.  Houston Armory H300IC Integral Suppressed 12" 300BLK.

And I also have two suppressors, an AAC SDN6 and a SWR Octane 45 HD that I am currently waiting on since June so I'm looking at some time next year, maybe Christmas...lol

Three Ruger Revolvers:  From left to right, SA Super BlackHawk Hunter (44Mag), New Vaquero (44Mag), and DA/SA Gp100 (357Mag.  The GP has the OG grips with the the wood inlaid as well as a Hi-Viz frontsight.  Still in the process of getting a scope for the BlackHawk.

Sig Sauer 1911r Tacops.  Great 1911 with a great price.  I love the different cut on the Sig 1911 slides; has a more aggressive look IMO.  Fully loaded 1911r ,with the extended magwell, nightsights, AND 4 factory Sig mags in the package.
pimp.gif

Russian Saiga 5.45x39 and my 7.62x39 Zastava PAP rifle.

not pictured: Glock 19 w/ Trijicon HD sights, Umarex AK-22

Last edited:
Word, I feel you. Bass Pro Shop is my ffl, and I've already spoken to them and they're cool with doing the transfer. Its $40($30 to Bass Pro, $10 to the state for the background check)

Cheapest I could find it locally was $619, plus tax & the background check fee would have made it an easy $700+.

$549, free shipping, no tax, +$40 was the cheapest I could find it.

Already shipped, it'll be at Bass on Monday, in my hands by midweek.
nerd.gif
$619 is a little on the high side mos def.  I'm surprised at the no tax part though on that $549, but I guess different states, different laws.

Damn it's been awhile since I've been in this thread.  Glad to see it going strong still.  There seems to be some people missing though from when this thread started, y'all know who you are.....post up them new toys....lol.  Anyway, I forgot my old screen name so I made a new one.  Don't know if anyone remembers the couple of pics I posted when I first started buying guns, so I figured I'll post them up again along with some new items I've gotten since then.  (Elder Watson Diggs, you remember me?  I lost your number bro.  We need to get together if you're still in the H). 

Before I post them up though, I just want to say, that this thread was my go to place to learn about guns when I first started buying.  I loved looking at the pics and I learned alot from this thread, and from here, I found alot of other informative sites such as arfcom that educated me that much further.  So I just want to say thanks to everyone in this thread.  I've only been buying guns now for a little over a year or two now, so my collection isn't as big, but without further ado.....

S.A. Xdm 40 and Kimber Warrior my first two pistols.

Noveske 16" Recon w/Switchblock,my first AR (Bottom).  Noveske 14.5" Afghan w/pinned and welded flash hider (Top).  Noveske Gen II Lowers that will eventually turn into a Noveske 8.2" and a Noveske 10.2" 300BLK SBR (Don't have pics of the barrels though), just waiting for the stamps.  Plan on getting another Gen II lower that I want to turn into either a 10.5" or 12.5" 5.56.  As you can see, I'm a Noveske fanboy.

Gen 4 Glock 21

My latest acquisition.  FNX 45 Tactical.

(Not my Pic).....Got this in February, still waiting on stamp, hopefully this month or November.  Houston Armory H300IC Integral Suppressed 12" 300BLK.

And I also have two suppressors, an AAC SDN6 and a SWR Octane 45 HD that I am currently waiting on since June so I'm looking at some time next year, maybe Christmas...lol

[COLOR=#red]let me be the first to say that your collection is sick my dude!! yes I totally remember you. I remember when you was going to GR Brown to get your rifle. you have the money no object collection...the type of stuff I did when I was making $$$$ as a contractor.

How are your AR's shooting? Let's get some range reports on your weaponry.[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom