NYC to ban flavored dutch masters

Code:
NEWYORK -- The New York City Council voted earlier this week to ban thesale of flavored tobacco products within the city, going farther thanrecent federal legislation that bans the sale of flavored cigarettes and their component parts, Examiner.com reported.The New York ban restricts all flavored tobacco products such as little cigars, chewing tobacco and cigarillos,to close off loopholes through adding flavoring agents to products,city officials said in the report. Menthol-flavored tobacco productsare not banned, according to the report.A spokesperson for Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg toldExaminer.com the mayor supports the legislation, which now goes to hisdesk. If it is signed into law, any New York City tobacco retailer,including convenience stores, found selling flavored tobacco will besubject to a $2,000 fine for the first offense, and subsequent offensescould result in a loss of its business license."No matter how you mask it, smoking tobacco, flavoredor not, has irrevocable health effects. Companies are profiting bygambling on the lives of children and young adults, and it's simplyunconscionable," Council Speaker Christine C. Quinn said in the report."Our legislation will protect New Yorkers from harmful productsdisguised with attractive wrapping or sweet flavors and prevent thebeginning of an addictive and useless habit."She added: "Anyone who tells you that these bubblegum,cookie dough, chocolate chip, little cigarillos shaped like a pink lipgloss -- don't tell me that's not targeted at a young girl. These arenot being bought by 50-year-old women, the data shows that."

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

can't front. that strawberry philly got me to smoke the green when i was 15.
chocolate here.
ohwell.gif

no vanilla dutches...damn...the lil corner bodegas still gonna cop em from ct or jerz and hide em behind the counter.

roll.gif
, man Cali finna stay with its Flavors
pimp.gif
while ya'll takin wraps off the counter we're making more lenient Marijuana Laws
laugh.gif

Granted all tobacco is unhealthy, but this flavoring added to tobacco products can't be a good thing. I don't see anything wrong with banning theseproducts. But they should also ban all artificially produced foods and flavorings as well.

if yall think this means no more vanillas or other flavor dutches in ny yall are crazy...if you can get a yack from the corner store with no liq license and apack of 12x12 skinnys and some spanish fly,what makes you think dutches flavored dutches wont be just as easy to get

The New York ban restricts all flavored tobacco products such as little cigars, chewing tobacco and cigarillos, to close off loopholes through adding flavoring agents to products, city officials said in the report. Menthol-flavored tobacco products are not banned, according to the report.
...big tobacco was behind this ban

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

The New York ban restricts all flavored tobacco products such as little cigars, chewing tobacco and cigarillos, to close off loopholes through adding flavoring agents to products, city officials said in the report. Menthol-flavored tobacco products are not banned, according to the report.

I don't see it.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I don't see it.

less competition.

Back
Top Bottom