Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Is hsalem hsalem trolling? Everyone knew they would offer him that. It's not a big deal. Lakers are terrible and Buss' son might be worse than Dolan.

Last edited:
Is @Hsalem trolling? Everyone knew they would offer him that. It's not a big deal. Lakers are terrible and Buss' son might be worse than Dolan.
Don't think he's trolling 
laugh.gif

Took a vow of silence til that first domino fell but this is all insane... Now with the big 3 in Miami falling out, who knows what that means for Melo or the Knicks. This offseason has 2010 written all all over... With lower expectations of course.

Phil said he wouldnt do it but we live in a world where Kyrie Irving got a max contract. His game is nice. But he is NOT a max player. Son is not putting a team on his shoulders like the top tier superstars. So its hard to tell Carmelo who has been busting his *** during his time here to take a pay cut. 

Jeanie better get dealt with tonight, gonna be pissed if we max out melo :smh:

i don't care about how much of dolans money he gets but in a capped sport its a killer.

that team wouldn't do **** in the west
I really don't think this is gonna end up in a bidding war anyway.

LAL offers a max of 4 years 95 mil. We can offer what 5 years 129 mil? That's a huge gap. We could offer him 100 mill 5 years and call it a day if Melo's concerned with money.

I think at this point after how Melo got to the team through trade he should know that maxing out the Knicks and not allowing the team to get better players guarantees he'll never win.

Phil said he wouldnt do it but we live in a world where Kyrie Irving got a max contract. His game is nice. But he is NOT a max player. Son is not putting a team on his shoulders like the top tier superstars. So its hard to tell Carmelo who has been busting his *** during his time here to take a pay cut. 
Kyrie Irving isn't the example you should be using about who is not a max player :lol: Son on his way to being a young A.I. You talking like he's been in the league for years. Son just got off his rookie contract.

Mind you he's playing for the CLEVELAND CAVILERS. He's definitely a max player.

For Melo it aint hard at all. It's either you take the max and make it harder for the team to get better or you don't and the team has a better chance to help you get a ring.

Last edited:
But isn

LAL offers a max of 4 years 95 mil. We can offer what 5 years 129 mil? That's a huge gap. We could offer him 100 mill 5 years and call it a day if Melo's concerned with money.

I think at this point after how Melo got to the team through trade he should know that maxing out the Knicks and not allowing the team to get better players guarantees he'll never win.
But isnt Amare on a max deal? Meaning when he comes off the books we can replace him with another max player (Love, Rondo) or just use the money otherwise,

Thats besides Bargs coming off after the season too..

But isn

But isnt Amare on a max deal? Meaning when he comes off the books we can replace him with another max player (Love, Rondo) or just use the money otherwise,

Thats besides Bargs coming off after the season too..
That's true. I think Phil is envisioning a Big 3 where the superstars he gets there take a pay cut like in Miami. Normally you can get two superstars for the max and fill the team out with role players; Shaq/Kobe Lakers but maybe Phil wants differently in this weak East. So maybe he's thinking of Melo-Love-Rondo not just one or the other or Melo-Love-Gasol (not that Marc would get the max but something like that).

STAT's bloated contract coming off the books next year will help out a lot next off season.
In my personal opinion. I feel like Phil actually dealt threatened by the Lakers offer.
Again that doesn't make sense given the Knicks can offer Melo a range up to 34 million more. Lakers offer is the least threatening. Their team sucks all types of balls.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom