Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Does it really matter if its the max or not cause wasn't it well documented even if he took a little less it'd barely make difference ? seems like yall just dont feel comfortable calling him a max player 

Last edited:
If the reports are true and it becomes official Melo got the full max I can only assume all the other crap all the other teams told him was put aside and he came in to the meeting telling Phil "I want the max."

Gordon Heyward out here getting stupid offers, Kyrie Irving gets a max deal after sulking through an entire season but ya'll wanna be mad Melo got a max deal? OK.

Btw remember who the owner is. I'm positive Dolan told Phil if it takes max money, do it. 

Does it really matter if its the max or not cause wasn't it well documented even if he took a little less it'd barely make difference ? seems like yall just dont feel comfortable calling him a max player 

exactly... even if he took a paycut it wouldnt make a huge difference... the paycut that might happen if it does happen will be 5-10 mil less and thats even if melo agrees to stay and takes a paycut... i know knicks fan in general are worried about paying melo that kind of money especially since his track record isnt that great since being here but... this is something you have to do you cant pass up on a superstar like melo its not guaranteed we can use that money on someone else... the bright side if we do resign melo we can still be somewhat relevant than without him.... and he can help recruit players and he wont be the only legit superstar like he has been the whole time being in ny...2015 we got cap space to maybe sign someone really good, got a draft pick next year, and calderon can still be moved if we need the cap space next summer... and last but not least we got phil jackson and he has a plan for this team and thats something we havent had in like a decade... i know hes not coaching but he brings instant credibility with his rings/experience... i expect him to have a pat riley type role where he will do a little coaching on the side... and i forgot to add we got a 3.5 million trade exception from the mavs trade so that can be used on a free agent or maybe offer more money via sign and trade to gasol in the neighborhood of 7 million a year since we already got the mini mid level

Last edited:
I really don't think I'd max him out. I'd rather build through the draft. I know its a different NBA where the buddies wanna play together but I don't see how u win with melo getting max money. We didn't even make the playoffs in the worst eastern confrence in history with him on the team.

That 5th year isn't that big of a deal.

He can write in an opt out after year 2 in any other city, and then re-sign for a 3 year max.

Unless he completely breaks down in 2 years (unlikely), he will get that deal again, and close 95% of the gap.

Last edited:
"As far as the money, it don't really matter to me,'' - Carmelo Anthony

nerd.gif

Melo's gonna be 35 when his contract is up :lol:

That's crazy.

The "second star" will eventually become the first after another year or two if the plan works out.

I understand if he takes the whole 129. If he wants a shot, he has to take less. Like 90-100 would be nice. Gives us some extra room for a key guy or two.

I remember reading somewhere that it doesn't make sense for Melo to take less than the max to resign with us, cause we're going to be over the cap next season, anyway you slice it.

He'd just be taking a $4 Mil less for absolutely no reason.

Oh well then, seems the Knicks always had the upper hand.

The case seems to always have been us being over the cap anyway so Melo's contract re-upping or opting in wouldn't have mattered. STAT and Bargs coming off the books seems to be way more key to our cap space.

After realizing that seems only thing left is you dudes thinking Melo doesn't deserve the max or that he's not a max player according to w/e definition you have of that. Apparently only a certain type of player fits that despite history. That's obviously bull **** on both fronts. No reason yall should want Melo to take less money like means anything to you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom