Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
I already mentally prepared myself months ago for the moment of if/when Melo leaves. If he stays? Cool. He goes? Cool. I'm not steressing this whole decision thing honestly. At the end of the day, we'll be good for the long term. :pimp:
I'm with you. I'm just curious as hell as to how Phil plays this.

You guys think this STAT to philly rumor has any legs?
Depends. I don't know how Phil is running his new regime as far as leaking info to the press, especially to these scummy NY "sports journalists"

He strikes me as the type to just get one guy he favors and leak to him what he wants.

Yeah I'm not down for giving Sn any credit for that 54 win season simply cuz if he had had a big part to do with it or even a respectable amount he should've been able to turn around our bad start this past season much sooner. We only started going on a streak by Feb iirc. We should've turned it around by end of the Nov. he was really a 54 win coach. We didn't make the playoffs this season.

We went from what a 3rd seed to 9th? 10th?

**** Mike Woodson and his alleged head coaching abilities.
Im definitely not trying to say Mike Woodson was the reason we won 54 games in 2013, but to try and pin the 2013 Knicks season on him and make outrageous claims like that he was 70% responsible for us sucking last season, is JUST as outrageous as giving him 70% of the credit for immediately taking over from D'Antoni and going 18-6 and winning 54 games last season.

Woody had a specific strategy that he utilized with the Knicks. This strategy worked very well for the us when he took over. Last year was not the first time Woodson relied on pick and rolls, 3 pointers, and switching on defense. We did that same **** and won 54 games that way last season. The biggest difference was that last year he coached a team full of out of shape, disappointing underachievers who did not execute nearly as well as they did in years past when he coached the same exact way.

Again, Im not giving Woody any sort of a pass here, I did not approve much of what he did last season, and im certainly not trying to say that he shouldnt have been replaced. But trying to place the majority of the blame from last season on his shoulders is ridiculous to me and honestly just a way to give a whole lot of players a major pass for grossly underachieving.

The NBA is, and has always been a players league. I will blame Woodson for being too predictable at times last year with his play calling and maybe even losing the locker room later in the season, but I cant think of many other coaches who could have been successful with the way our roster performed last season.

Yes, Woodson should have adapted and tried to change certain things up when his coaching strategies started failing on him more than in the years past. But Woodson also had success utilizing the same **** with the same kind of roster. Maybe it was stubborn of him to stick with what had worked and resort to overly relying on Carmelo offensively, but its not like Woodkson suddenly became a much worse coach than he had been, the same way Raymond Felton regressed to being a much worse basketball player than he had been. 

Woodson didnt do anything entirely too different in 2014 than he did with the Knicks in 2013. It was mostly that the majority of players that he coached just performed entirely different than in 2014 than they did in 2013. 2014 Felton was not 2013 Felton. Nor was 2014 Tyson, JR, Shump, etc. and we had key veteran leaders that retired like Kidd and Sheed.

Obviously it is very easy to place the majority of the blame on the coach, as it always is, and many fans will choose to do so during underachieving seasons. I understand this, but I can not think of many other ooaches who could have led that mess of a roster we saw last season to any kind of success whatsoever.

I still believe in alot of this team's talent as we saw in 2013. I think underachieving was a blessing in disguise and will light a fire under this teams ***. I also think that the triangle offense will serve this team well, and we will bounce back. So I am happy bringing in Derek Fisher and the new regime, but yall are wayyy too hard on Woody sometimes. IMO he was still the best coach the Knicks have had here since Lenny Wilkens 
sick.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Stat had some good games this past season, Just can't be trusted to stay on the court, With the cap room the Sixers will have they can afford to take a chance on him and then it gets him off our wage bill, If we can move Stat and Bargs then it will give Phil a BIG chunk of cap space to play with

Im definitely not trying to say Mike Woodson was the reason we won 54 games in 2013, but to try and pin the 2013 Knicks season on him and make outrageous claims like that he was 70% responsible for us sucking last season, is JUST as outrageous as giving him 70% of the credit for immediately taking over from D'Antoni and going 18-6 and winning 54 games last season.

Woody had a specific strategy that he utilized with the Knicks. This strategy worked very well for the us when he took over. Last year was not the first time Woodson relied on pick and rolls, 3 pointers, and switching on defense. We did that same **** and won 54 games that way last season. The biggest difference was that last year he coached a team full of out of shape, disappointing underachievers who did not execute nearly as well as they did in years past when he coached the same exact way.

Again, Im not giving Woody any sort of a pass here, I did not approve much of what he did last season, and im certainly not trying to say that he shouldnt have been replaced. But trying to place the majority of the blame from last season on his shoulders is ridiculous to me and honestly just a way to give a whole lot of players a major pass for grossly underachieving.

The NBA is, and has always been a players league. I will blame Woodson for being too predictable at times last year with his play calling and maybe even losing the locker room later in the season, but I cant think of many other coaches who could have been successful with the way our roster performed last season.

Yes, Woodson should have adapted and tried to change certain things up when his coaching strategies started failing on him more than in the years past. But Woodson also had success utilizing the same **** with the same kind of roster. Maybe it was stubborn of him to stick with what had worked and resort to overly relying on Carmelo offensively, but its not like Woodkson suddenly became a much worse coach than he had been, the same way Raymond Felton regressed to being a much worse basketball player than he had been. 

Woodson didnt do anything entirely too different in 2014 than he did with the Knicks in 2013. It was mostly that the majority of players that he coached just performed entirely different than in 2014 than they did in 2013. 2014 Felton was not 2013 Felton. Nor was 2014 Tyson, JR, Shump, etc. and we had key veteran leaders that retired like Kidd and Sheed.

Obviously it is very easy to place the majority of the blame on the coach, as it always is, and many fans will choose to do so during underachieving seasons. I understand this, but I can not think of many other ooaches who could have led that mess of a roster we saw last season to any kind of success whatsoever.

I still believe in alot of this team's talent as we saw in 2013. I think underachieving was a blessing in disguise and will light a fire under this teams ***. I also think that the triangle offense will serve this team well, and we will bounce back. So I am happy bringing in Derek Fisher and the new regime, but yall are wayyy too hard on Woody sometimes. IMO he was still the best coach the Knicks have had here since Lenny Wilkens :x :smh:  

Thats not saying much, AT ALL. Woodson was downright awful and I was preaching it all season.

Last edited:
Kidd, Wallace and Camby coached us to 54 wins.

Woodson was just along for the ride.

Seeing a couple Knicks games live last season, it was clear to see that that their disfunction revolved around him.

He had the deer in the headlights look all season. I vividly remember watching him just stand there, squirming, arms crossed as Portland made adjustments and blew us out of our gym with no counter-moves made in return. It was so blatant, that everyone leaving the arena was talking about it. First time I've experienced so much talk about coaching after a game in the Garden.

As poorly constructed as our lineup may have been, we still could have hung in there with any team in the league. We showed that by the way we played up or down to our competition. Just flat out falling apart the way we did is evidence of a team quitting on their coach and themselves.

Everything changed after Frank Vogel exposed him on the court and publicly embarrassed him after the 2013 playoffs.

Woodson gets some blame for trying to go with a big lineup after we did our best playing small ball. The main reason why Woodson went with a traditional lineup was Bargnani, thinking that he would bring the spacing of small ball with the size of a big man....until everyone clearly saw Bargs is better as a face-up big using the 3 as a threat while coming off his two worst years as a shooter and player. And throwing players under the bus.

The rest though? Honestly? Most of these boys weren't ready. J.R., Shumpert (though Woodson was unfair to him at several points), Felton, Amare had to play his way back into shape, Tyson had declined in effort yet again but was still making a contribution, Beno didn't get a fair chance, same with Pablo, Ron was on his last legs, our leaders had all retired and all these players had turned on each other.

With the way these guys approached the game this season...even if Woodson had followed last seasons blueprint we probably would've stumbled out the gate. He should've been fired due to his blatant ignorance regarding our strengths but the lack of adjustments? He was like that even during our good year.

Last edited:
@_TommyDee_: In harkening back to 2010 Bosh was the reason lebron wavered on his decision, amazing how the same thing is happening in 2014.

It's no surprise. LeBron has always said he wants to play with Melo. If both decide to play together, I just hope they join Kobe in LA. I can't stand Heat at all. Actually I hate all Miami sports teams. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom