Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
if we trade stat and bargs. we may have a chance to sign bron and keep melo. if they REALLY want to play together, they should both sign for less this year, and get the max for the rest of their contracts.

the salary cap for next season is supposed to be around $63,200,000 and if we trade stat and bargs, we'd only owe $30,561,783. that would give $32,638,217 in cap space to split between bron and melo. we could also give them more, since the tax threshold is $77mil.

Makes sense why he's holding out then...

Bron gets the max Melo signs max w his bird rights Dolan pays the luxury tax HTTB buys us ice cream

Lulz

I'll be shocked if anything happens

Yall getting sucked in once again :lol:

If there's still no decision tomorrow the rumors will be Melo to the Cavs with LeBron. Can't even feel sorry when yall for this **** over and over again like yall got the poorest of memories :lol:

i hate when people say "2010 all over again". its 2014. we have phli jackson, its noted that melo and bron both wanna play together, there is an actual possibility that they both come to ny. and whats wrong with hoping for the best? i didnt say there was a 90% chance of it happening, but i'll take 1% over 0% any day.

aside from the pessimism that is the knicks thread...

if bosh decides to go to houston, bron isnt gonna stay. at least i dont think. he could force his way to nyk and they could do a sign and trade for bron to get the max and to take back amare and or bargs. theyre expiring contracts, so i dont think pat riley will really mind. obviously he'd rather have bron, but stat as a consolation prize, is better than nothing. hell, we can even let go of thjr if that situation became a reality.

its a loooooooooooooong shot, but imagine:

calderon - larkin
shump - jr/ellington/maybe still have thjr
bron - any of the above
melo - odom/tyler
gasol - dalembert

that would be amazing.

i hate when people say "2010 all over again". its 2014. we have phli jackson, its noted that melo and bron both wanna play together, there is an actual possibility that they both come to ny. and whats wrong with hoping for the best? i didnt say there was a 90% chance of it happening, but i'll take 1% over 0% any day.

if bosh decides to go to houston, bron isnt gonna stay. at least i dont think. he could force his way to nyk and they could do a sign and trade for bron to get the max and to take back amare and or bargs. theyre expiring contracts, so i dont think pat riley will really mind. obviously he'd rather have bron, but stat as a consolation prize, is better than nothing. hell, we can even let go of thjr if that situation became a reality.

calderon - larkin
bron - any of the above
melo - odom/tyler
gasol - dalembert

that would be amazing.
You do have to realize, ppl were making posts just like this in 2010 though. There usually is some Knicks optimism that creeps through every now and then but most times it's more delusional than realistic.

We had Donnie Walsh, we just signed STAT (who was good and not broken down at the time). Dudes would make those roster lineups just like you're doing :lol:

calderon - larkin
bron - any of the above
melo - odom/tyler
gasol - dalembert

that would be amazing.

Lakers thread is that way ---->

Amar'e played just well enough that Phil might be able to convince someone with money to burn to take him and that expiring contract. 

so again whats the problem? how about this, you guys be pessimistic all you want, but stop acting like youre the authority to decide whether someones ideas are stupid or outlandish. you were probably the kid that wanted to be a fireman, but some teenager told you, youd be a garbage collector. laugh all you want bro, i look on the brighter side of life, regardless of how likely or unlikely something may be. oh, and give me 3 reasons why bron and melo cant play for the knicks this season. 3 LEGITIMATE reasons...because there are none. no one thought wade, bosh, and bron would all play together in 2010, but it happened. whats the difference now? because its the knicks? pshhh idk if the media is worse or the people that start believing that this team is cursed.

Nobody is acting like an authority. They're just saying what they feel is stupid and outlandish when they read something stupid or outlandish . Same as it's always been in here :lol:

Aint nobody wanted to be no ******* fireman. **** a fireman.

3 legitimate reasons? Why not ask for 300? :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
i had to block that dude. 95% of his posts bug the hell out of me. anyway...we should sign kris humphries for the low. hes a good rebounder and decent defender.

These dude aint Knicks fans :smh:

Like how you in the Knicks thread blocking Knicks fans? :lol:

On another note, what happened to Reggie Evans? :nerd:

Last edited:
You do have to realize, ppl were making posts just like this in 2010 though. There usually is some Knicks optimism that creeps through every now and then but most times it's more delusional than realistic.

We had Donnie Walsh, we just signed STAT (who was good and not broken down at the time). Dudes would make those roster lineups just like you're doing
laugh.gif
^ 100%

Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me.

Melo and Lebron arent playing together in NY. Bron isnt coming to Melo's team to join up with him when, if they really wanted to, would have an easier time doing so in LA or staying in Miami if Bosh leaves.

I doubt the Knicks will be able to dump all of these salaries this summer, and even if we do both players would still need to take significant pay cuts and Lebron has adamantly declared his desire for a max contract this summer.

I agree, these Lebron pipe dreams need to stop. Luckily Phil is in charge and not alot of the people I see obsessing over unrealistic expectations on message boards.

Im not concerned in Phil being overly caught up in false hype like bringing Lebron to NY. It is not even about being pessimistic, its just that it would be extremely short sighted to sacrifice assets and make this team worse just to give us the 1% chance of getting Lebron. Its like we could prepare the dinner and set the table, but if Lebron aint ever gonna come eat, whats the point?

To give away young assets like Shump and THJR for the sole purpose of attaching them to Amare and Bargnani so that we could clear up cap space one summer earlier than it would be cleared anyway to have an off chance at Lebron would be doing EXACTLY the kind of **** that failed us back in the day. I always supported the majority Donnie Walsh's transactions, but the one move he made that I really wish we didnt make looking back was trading away Jordan Hill as a rookie and a first round draft pick just to clear Jared Jeffries contract (expired in 2011) so that we would have a chance to sign 2 max contracts in 2010 and give us a better shot at landing Lebron (the T-Mac deal).

Phil needs to keep collecting assets and letting the bad contracts we already have expire and build cap room over time. We shouldnt be taking on more bad contracts and there is certainly no need to be giving away assets just to clear up cap space one year earlier. Were not getting Lebron. Not this summer, not ever. This **** isnt gonna be an overnight fix and if we put all of our eggs in the Lebron James pipe dream we will be right back where we are now in 2020.

Evans is in sac town I think. Wouldn't be a bad addition for the low. His offensive skills tho :rofl:

Last edited:
Evans won't score a point but he'll pull down 20 boards and have 5 fouls :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom