Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
we need JR. he can hit the outside shot and drive. THJR is in his second year and shump is.... well, shump.
We do not need JR Smith.

I will not accept that.

There's somebody else out there that's more consistent and just as serviceable. Phil just gotta figure out a way to attain that player.

sooooooo, in other words we need him.
No we ******* don't.

I'm pretty tired of J.R. Straight fed up. I'd much rather go without him than stick with the nonsense he brings on the court when he's not playing good.

Need implies we couldn't go without him. I'd trade J.R. for any pick now and just see if Shump could grow some ******* balls as a starter and see THJR step his game up.
Knicks ain't in this discussion. He's bolting. $96M over 4 is the most he can make. Just accept that you're a lottery team next year. Dudes trying to spin the numbers...Deluded.

Why would you compare a 4 to a 5 if the 5 year deal is with a team he doesn't want to play for? The 5 year deal doesn't exist because he doesn't want to be a Knick. Period. Compare the avail 4 year deals on the other teams to what the Heat offer, period. That number is far less than $70Ms. And none of the other teams are offering immediate finals participation or playing with friends.

oh yea
:lol: Where is that clown now? :nerd:

We let too many fools post up in this thread without eating their crow. Type of dudes to only show up when the Knicks are doing bad or next off season to talk more ****.

Last playoff performance from J.R. I recall he completely choked, a no show against the Pacers which started in the first round.

I think the only reason he aint get traded then was cuz Novak was more useless.

JR reminds me of a Lance... total loose cannon, but when they are on target... LOOK OUT

gotta keep a guy like that around unless you get equal value for him

Cant wait for Cole Aldrich to shine :smokin

Btw, I hate Jeremy Tyler. He's one of those "fake potential" / fake tough guys. I literally hate everything about him. Hopefully another team sees this "fake potential" and trades for him.

Last edited:
I'm with making some smart trades especially in the center position.

But its likely no team trades with us b4 the season starts.id be OK with that.I for one blamed woodson for the troubles so I'm willing to see what Phil n fish can with this roster and give it some time.not too much tho.can't be as bad as we were last year can we ? CAN WE???

If Melo starts getting hurt missing games or his production goes down then the contract talk will surface. Otherwise Phil da gawd will get a pass.
I think this might be the case. That shoulder might be cause for concern.

Wasn't it 5 years $122 mil?

I have a feeling down the line people are going to be mad with this deal. Max contracts and the Knicks...not a good mix so far.
people are going to mad about the knicks regardless
eyes.gif

we should sign okafor though. we need a rebounder. frankly, we need a center period.
What in the blue hell is he going to do? He's a solid backup at best. His production has gone down pretty much since his first year. Waste of money.
we need JR. he can hit the outside shot and drive. THJR is in his second year and shump is.... well, shump.
Just...no. JR just shoots. He doesn't get to the line nearly enough as his athleticism should suggest. He's not necessary and he's streaky. 
i hope we bring kmart in. could play that kurt thomas role.
I think he's done man. 
In my opinion, and it is just strictly my opinion, to me it never seemed as if Earl was about championship life. Like, he was content to get in the league and stay, and that's cool, even in Denver he just seemed happy to be there whereas his teammates seemed to take it more seriously and they really wanted to win. 
That's Earl in a nutshell pretty much as a basketball player. 
we need JR if we plan on winning a playoff series. as much as he drives me bananas, come playoff time, the dude can ball
glasses.gif
JR reminds me of a Lance... total loose cannon, but when they are on target... LOOK OUT

gotta keep a guy like that around unless you get equal value for him
Just...no. 
laugh.gif
. If anything he's proven to be more of a liability than an asset when it really counts in the playoffs. 
Where's @TheRealJRSMITH to make sense of all this....

I'm with making some smart trades especially in the center position.

But its likely no team trades with us b4 the season starts.id be OK with that.I for one blamed woodson for the troubles so I'm willing to see what Phil n fish can with this roster and give it some time.not too much tho.can't be as bad as we were last year can we ? CAN WE???

No, we won't

We actually have an in-shape point guard and all the speculation on Melo leaving won't put a dark cloud over the season

As a Mets fan, I could never hate The Captain. I will miss him, but yeah, pixelating the Mets unis and Mr. Met was foul 
laugh.gif

Cant wait for Cole Aldrich to shine :smokin

Btw, I hate Jeremy Tyler. He's one of those "fake potential" / fake tough guys. I literally hate everything about him. Hopefully another team sees this "fake potential" and trades for him.

im with you on cole. hes a really good rebounder, and we need more of that, but whats your gripe with tyler?

btw, anybody got a link to the summer league game?

J.R. is our best two guard and when he's on he's a very good role player. But he can go....I'm tired of sitting thru his down periods. He will never re-create that year he won 6th Man of The Year which ironically was also his downfall.

Amare is another year older....so unfortunately I'm expecting a decline.

Thanasis better be staying stateside and getting plenty of minutes creating havoc on the perimeter. We can let J.R. go and Shumpert can take his place as the social media baller on the team.

Honestly, I'm watching THJr. now and he looks...different. I would not be shocked if JR gets benched for him.

If JR did more penetrating on court I could kinda live with the streaky shooting. Only time he puts effort in going to the hole is if its wet....

yo Larkin is look real good
smokin.gif
I'd wait to see him during the regular season. 
Definitely. I dont look at boxscore stats, but passing and defense translates and in that regard he's looked
smokin.gif
True, but summer league it's simpler than that. At this stage, pay attention to attitude and effort. That's the point of summer league. They want to see which rookies (who are fringe players) are hungry. They also want to see if some of their young role players are taking steps forward, which is why I said THJr. looks different. It didn't even take long to notice the change already. He looks like he wants it.

Back
Top Bottom