Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
I definitely find Miami fans to be annoying but I don't really agree that people generally speaking have tried to crown Lebron prematurely. That's more the media if you ask me. I find more people have tried to downplay Lebron's achievements than anything. His book is still being written. Yet here we are already closing the book on whether he can end up better than MJ/Kobe. It's pretty ridiculous. Bron may not have a MJ like height in his career. He may end up like Tim Duncan, winning chips sporadically but being competitive and consistently productive the duration of his career. And if that's the case he'll still be worthy of consideration. The way MJ and the Bulls won in the 90s will probably never be repeated for a number of reasons, the least of which being Lebron's ineptitude. 

thats true. the media has a lot do with it, but the people where i live are such band wagon jumpers i just wanna slap everyone. i never said bron wasnt good or cant/wont be better than kobe or mj, but people have been saying hes the GOAT for the last 3-4 years. it gets irritating hearing that **** when they dont even have someone to compare that statement to. mj retired when i was like 6 so i never saw him play either. kobe imo is the greatest of this generation of players, but thats based on the players that are currently playing. its unfair for me to make claims based on what i have not seen, and hearing people just comparing stats is the worst. you can score 30ppg and another player scores 15ppg. well if that 15ppg player scores all of his points in the 4th quarter, compared to the 30ppg going scoreless in the 4th, whos better?

hype is whats ruining everything. shoes, sports, everything.

like clark kent said, the excess of information is whats ruining the culture.

I'm not a fan of the bandwagon argument either. There will ALWAYS be bandwagon fans where there is success. You can't be worried about that. Just be a true and loyal fan to your team and stop worrying about others man. I grew up in the Jordan era. You know how many bandwagon fans those Bulls had cause of MJ? It was ridiculous.

Im not against keeping Bargs for another season. Injuries limited his time on the courts. I'd give him another chance.

Birdman is a free agent :nerd:
Is Metta available ?:nerd:

I agree with that as well.
But is Bosh really a Hall of famer? I dont think so.

And Wade was not looking like a star this past series against the Spurs.

If Lebron wants to save face, stay in Miami, and help make your team mates better.

Melo will look like a punk if he goes to Miami. Its like these players want instant results, they want the 'chip NOW. You gotta put in work, sometimes for years. Look at the Spurs.

They have a bunch of average players who put in work and play their position very well.

not that i support melo going to miami, but melo has put in work and look where its gotten him. especially these past 2 years. id rather he stays and build a better team, but hes 30, so its not like he has all the time in the world to win.

I'm not a fan of the bandwagon argument either. There will ALWAYS be bandwagon fans where there is success. You can't be worried about that. Just be a true and loyal fan to your team and stop worrying about others man. I grew up in the Jordan era. You know how many bandwagon fans those Bulls had cause of MJ? It was ridiculous.

i didnt. thats why im just comparing my experience. at least jordans name lives up to his hype. the whole "king" james thing is stupid imo. he got that name in cleveland. dude was the king with no rings.

Jordan didn't play with hall of famers? Bird? Magic? got it.

what are you even talking about?

I was an Orlando magic fan :nerd: I thought shaq and penny would take over the league :lol: :frown:

Hated Jordan, hated the bulls back then...but I respected his competitive nature.

Last edited:
@njavier03 barkley complaining that Lebron Left to play with hall of famers. Jordan, Bird, and Magic all played with hall of famers. the difference is that they were lucky enough to have to leave to do so.

and on another note, Melo thinks Phil is giving him the cold shoulder or isnt making a big enough deal about Melo.

But Phils coached Jordan and Kobe. Phil probably sees Melo as a puppy.

Man up Melo. Stay with Phil, put in the time, and I think we'll have a chip here soon.

Btw, wasn't Lebron a bandwagoner growing up? Lol didn't he say he was a bulls, cowboys and yankee fan growing up? :rofl:

I dont know about the Bulls, but he was seen at the Cleveland Indians game with a Yankee fitted and also seen wearing cowboys gear. :lol: :smh:

Btw, wasn't Lebron a bandwagoner growing up? Lol didn't he say he was a bulls, cowboys and yankee fan growing up? :rofl:

The Cavs were like literally the worst team in the NBA. The Browns only came back in '99? And not sure about the Indians. Ain't nobody trying to root for bum teams with owners who don't care. When you support losing teams you give no insentive for the owner to change and cultivate a winning team.

I think the King James thing is overblown too lol. It's just a nickname that made sense. I don't think it was about crowning him before his time. The name just rings, no pun intended. And correct me if I'm wrong, they called him King James in High School as well, no?

@njavier03 barkley complaining that Lebron Left to play with hall of famers. Jordan, Bird, and Magic all played with hall of famers. the difference is that they were lucky enough to have to leave to do so.

eh, i mean im 50/50 about that. yeah they were lucky that they played with those caliber of players without leaving their original teams, but having to hit up your friends and be like "hey our teams are ********, lets just join forces" is kinda lame to me. i mean i understand why they did it and it worked, but its kind of shameful imo.

and on another note, Melo thinks Phil is giving him the cold shoulder or isnt making a big enough deal about Melo.

But Phils coached Jordan and Kobe. Phil probably sees Melo as a puppy.

Man up Melo. Stay with Phil, put in the time, and I think we'll have a chip here soon.

It would be nice if Phil acknowledged him especially given the lack of respect Melo gets around the league. Dudes been playing his *** off

roll.gif

The Cavs were like literally the worst team in the NBA. The Browns only came back in '99? And not sure about the Indians. Ain't nobody trying to root for bum teams with owners who don't care. When you support losing teams you give no insentive for the owner to change and cultivate a winning team.

My god, you sound like a hater in its purist form. Just a PSA for ya bruh, Lebron doesn't give a damn which owner he plays for. Gordon Gund was the owner that drafted him and watched him play his first 2 seasons. Dan Gilbert was no where around the Cavs prior to the 2005 season. Shows how much you know about the situations you talk about. And bottom line is; he doesn't give a damn which owner hes playing for. He'll gladly go back to DG if he wants too. He doesn't have some sort of vendetta against Gilbert like some of you do..

I think the King James thing is overblown too lol. It's just a nickname that made sense. I don't think it was about crowning him before his time. The name just rings, no pun intended. And correct me if I'm wrong, they called him King James in High School as well, no?

Yeah they did, and Nike picked up the nickname in 2003 and ran with it in it's advertising and marketing and that's really why it stuck with him..

Last edited:
Nobody is talking about Dan Gilbert. We're talking about Cleveland teams in the '90s, i.e., when LeBron was growing up in the area. All of Cleveland's teams were trash when he was taking interest in sports, but people expect a teenager to be some local fantatic? I personally don't support being a fanatic of your local teams unless the owners make strong efforts to put out a quality product. I'm not going to be a sucker making a billionaire wealthier who knows the local market will attend/watch/buy no matter what, even if they put bums out there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom