• B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
laugh.gif
 At the unspoken code of conduct that it's "okay" to link up with other stars after a certain age and level of decline. So rational...

I'm over Shump. He's Bruce Bowen status until he decides to prove me otherwise.
Shump aint even as good as Bruce Bowen

View media item 1031261
The possibility of Melo going to Houston to play just cracks me up from a basketball point of view. :lol:

I wish we traded Melo before the deadline, I was hoping for it but we sort of lost our chance. I really could care less if he leaves anyways (as long as its not the Heat) but I got a feeling he's not leaving. I don't think Melo is that obsessed with winning like LeBron James is and I don't think he'll gamble his future earnings going to Houston or Chicago.

Basically I think Melo likes his money, so I guess many of you will be happy. :lol:

I just hope this franchise was or can be good at picking up Euro talent, just watching the Spurs play puts American "superstar" basketball to shame.
Don't really need Euro talent and the Knicks have historically sucked at signing and picking them anyway.

Lets not pretend the American "superstar" basketball wasn't great the past two finals where they put the Spurs to shame and not to mention the two main improvements that led to their win is due to Green & Lenoard and Pop's ability to adapt.

I'd rather go with the style of play from the dude with 11 rings. Forget picking talent based on how another team won.

:lol:  At the unspoken code of conduct that it's "okay" to link up with other stars after a certain age and level of decline. So rational...

but it is apples and oranges. Barkley was at the end of his career. Lebron was entering his prime. negative points for leaving and teaming up with wade, props for taking things into his own hands and not hoping the management in Cleveland would do the job.

Yall dudes should really stop talking about LeBron in here already. **** Barkley and LeBron. **** don't got ANYTHING to do with the Knicks. Yall seem obsessed at this point bringing it in here. Take that to the NBA thread, way more topical there.

I miss Gallo :frown:
Is son even in the NBA anymore?

Just thinking about that kinda makes me happier we didn't keep all those dudes. They're all ghost or bums. If only we didn't sign back Felton :smh:

Last edited:
but it is apples and oranges. Barkley was at the end of his career. Lebron was entering his prime. negative points for leaving and teaming up with wade, props for taking things into his own hands and not hoping the management in Cleveland would do the job.
I see the difference, but as the league progresses and players are given increasingly more power, what LeBron did will become more "accepted" IMO. Rather than being vilified as the first to leave before their prime, I think the history books will be much kinder to "The Decision." The notion of leaving of your own accord before/during your prime shouldn't be done is antiquated. 

But what's even less rational is being okay with Wade/Bosh coming to Cleveland but not being okay with LeBron going to Miami. Like what? 
laugh.gif
 At the end of the day, three stars are teaming up either way you cut it. I think people place way too much emphasis on WHOSE team it is.

A) Gallo was injured last season 
frown.gif

B) How do you guys view someone like KG? Who held on way too long in Minnesota and was actually the blueprint for "The Big 3" that Miami eventually copied (Boston was the team to beat in the east prior to all of that). Is he a sucker for being a part of a "super team"? Just curious. 

C) And just like Black Dynamite F  OJ Simpson. I can never get back those moments of the finals that he took away. Rat Bastid. 

A) Gallo was injured last season :frown:

B) How do you guys view someone like KG? Who held on way too long in Minnesota and was actually the blueprint for "The Big 3" that Miami eventually copied (Boston was the team to beat in the east prior to all of that). Is he a sucker for being a part of a "super team"? Just curious. 

C) And just like Black Dynamite F  OJ Simpson. I can never get back those moments of the finals that he took away. Rat Bastid. 
The Cletic Big 3 wasn't formed only through Free Agency. That was Danny Ainge's master plan coming together.

If Jordan, Payton, and Miller all got traded to the 96 Knicks. They wouldn't be suckers if they ended up winning a bunch of finals. That's just management doing what they gotta do to win.

Regardless, that **** don't matter to the Knicks. As it is now aint no chance to form a super team here. Let LeBron worry about his legacy and if it "counts" or matters when it comes to his rings.

Last edited:
beh235 beh235 You're just going to have to learn to agree to disagree.

I get it, we know you don't think what LeBron did was wrong or should have an asterisk* near his name. But please don't compare what Barkley did or some other hall of famers have done because it doesn't relate. What LeBron did was never done by a legitimate superstar.

I'll never agree with his decision. Think he's the best player on the planet and will go down as one of the best of all time. Being that he's so great I thought he was better than packing his bags and giving up so he could go to Dwyane Wade's city & team. If anything he should have made Wade or Bosh join him, he was obviously the best player and he should have been calling the shots. Think LeBron was to obsessed with getting a "ring" that he started to doubt himself when I thought - he was always better than that.

But lets lay off this LeBron talk and just agree to disagree. We'll never sway each other to either side so whats the point of debating this. It's not like he's coming here, we just have to worry about Melo not going to south beach in the WWF league we live in now :lol:

I feel/felt the same way regarding LeBron. I always thought he was better than what he did.

exactly... the celtics were part of a trade and miami was through free agency... but the point is if your the best player in the league why would you go to someone else team to try and win a championship when they won 1 without you...but not only that you should be recruiting people to your team since you are the best in the league and not vice versa... it just tarnishes his legacy sinces hes supposed to be the best in the league but yet bails on his team so it looks like poor leadership... when i think of franchise players like dirk and even paul pierce they stuck around and after some due time they won a championship but lebron took the easy way out

KG agreed to the trade, and don't think for one second it was random. It was a hand picked deal. McHale and Ainge agreed to help each other out. KG had a heads up. It's really not THAT different.

KG agreed to the trade, and don't think for one second it was random. It was a hand picked deal. McHale and Ainge agreed to help each other out. KG had a heads up. It's really not THAT different.
KG spent like what 15 years @ Minny losing in the first round? Of course he agreed to the trade. he would've agreed to a couple other trades to if they were suggested. It was either that or waiting until his contract was up and leaving. It's not the same thing at all with Bosh, Wade, and LeBron with his decision.

Besides that KG isn't the main lynchpin. We talking Ray Allen as well. We talking a resurgence of Paul Pierce after wasting time with Antoine Walker. We not even talking about these guys in their prime. They on the tail end of it.

Not to mention they only got to the Finals twice and one once. Wasn't like they were steam rolling the whole East and made everything slanted in their favor.

Last edited:
^ The point I'm trying to make is this...Lebron wasn't going to win anything had he stayed. Nobody was coming there and he had bum squads. Those two 60+ win teams he had while he was there were overrated. A lot of those wins came at home early in the season against bad teams. Their schedule was padded, go back and check the record. He exercised good faith in management and stayed after his first contract was done. Then they let Carlos Boozer walk (who was his best help at the time). He would have just been another star player wasting his prime had he stayed. Then everyone would have felt bad for him, THEN if he delayed going to a team like he did, people would have felt better about it. Other than that, his career would have played out similar to KG's. Maybe some coaching changes, maybe some trades that might have improved that squad, but they weren't winning anything. 

Just curious but who else do you like for the mini MLE? I dont think that anybody is saying they would take him over Westbrook or some ****, but he just might be the best PG option available this summer that is also somewhat realistic, and he still might be a reach.

Also, if he had success as a "system player" in San Antonio than IMO he can also easily benefit off being a system PG in the triangle offense with similar success. His outside shooting ability would be a huge plus and he is very smart and at least 10x the defender that Felton is.

I'm still not convinced we cannot run the triangle with this personnel. Unless I'm missing something. Even with Chicago Phil had serviceable, smart post players and guards who could hit open jumpers. We've got Chandler in the paint and shump on the wing and both can't make a simple layup. As for Mills I don't doubt that he'll stay put.

Stat opting in?

Of course :lol:

^ The point I'm trying to make is this...Lebron wasn't going to win anything had he stayed. Nobody was coming there and he had bum squads. Those two 60+ win teams he had while he was there were overrated. A lot of those wins came at home early in the season against bad teams. Their schedule was padded, go back and check the record. He exercised good faith in management and stayed after his first contract was done. Then they let Carlos Boozer walk (who was his best help at the time). He would have just been another star player wasting his prime had he stayed. Then everyone would have felt bad for him, THEN if he delayed going to a team like he did, people would have felt better about it. Other than that, his career would have played out similar to KG's. Maybe some coaching changes, maybe some trades that might have improved that squad, but they weren't winning anything. 
I don't think any Knicks fans care about or should care about LeBron leaving the Cavs. It's more about where he should've went and why. Ofcourse this was before anyone considered the possibility of a Big 3 in Miami. Everybody but Cavs fans and ppl who are fans of players staying with one team their whole career made the argument that Bron should leave cuz he never was going to win in Ohio.

Anybody telling you he should've stayed and he would've eventually won a ring or two is stupid.

I thought this was more about him having to join other superstars in order to win and it tainting his legacy. To me that's just how the fans feel. I know KD, Chris Paul, Melo, etc. want rings just as bad and if things ever lined up and worked out for them they'd do the same if the opportunity presented itself.

I personally was never against the super teams and wanted one here. I was posting about articles and ways about Melo and Bron teaming up before the decision. I just won't bs about how they're formed. LeBron and Wade planned that out with Bosh probably before the season even started. That's not what happened with KG and Ray.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom