Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Isn't Felton facing a felony gun charge? He may be looking at jail time, why are we assuming he'll be a Knick next season?

@IanBegley: Carmelo Anthony on the meeting with #Knicks president Phil Jackson in LA last week: "It was a great meeting with Phil. It went well."

@IanBegley: Carmelo Anthony on #Knicks president Phil Jackson's decision to hire Derek Fisher as coach: "I like what Phil is doing."

If that is true about the Warriors being willing to trade Lee/Barnes for Tyson/Felton than I say do it. 

Harrison Barnes still is loaded with potential and I honestly still think he can be an all-star some day. Dude is only 22 and with as little draft picks as the Knicks have it would be tough for me to say no to a guy like Barnes. And Lee is a better fit for this team now with the triangle here than Tyson and obviously I still got mad love for David Lee.

Yes David Lee's contract sucks but IMO unlike most other guys who go on to next year Lee could be an asset for us next season. I mean we are all hyping up the possibility of signing a guy like Lamarcus Aldridge or Marc Gasol to a huge deal in 2015 so hard, is having a guy like Lee that far off? And his contract would only last one more year. IMO theres no reason we cant keep Melo, sign a number 2 option in 2015, and keep David on board as a #3. Aint too much better #3s than Lee and he would flourish in this system.

The kicker in this trade is Felton. I dont do this trade unless they take back Ray but if that is true that they would I say get it done. Getting rid of Felton would mean getting rid of one of the few players we have whose contract goes beyond next summer who we dont want around and cant be an asset here like David Lee can and of course a young potential stud like Harrison Barnes.

The amount that trade makes that team better in the short and long term, while also getting a young asset like Barnes (as much value to me as getting a top 10 pick) makes that deal worth taking on David Lee's salary for the 2015-2016 season...

Who knows? Maybe if Melo stays and we build a team around them and he enjoys his spot in NY as a #3 option he takes a pay cut 2 summers from now and stays on board. I would like to have David Lee (one of the few Knicks draft picks fans can be proud of from this decade) being apart of this team. You know he will be a fan favorite right out the gate. That counts for something? Right?

No to Lee, sorry. That contract can affect our FA future.

I have faith in Phi tho, this is def a move that would have been done under Dolan's leadership. Under Phil, not so much.

I do like Barnes tho.

That graph that @REDd SPYDER posted shows that he needs a PG.
You don't need advanced stats to come to that conclusion 
laugh.gif

if they do make the trade for lee/barnes for chandler/felton, i think thatll be a huge upgrade for 3 reasons.

1) we'll actually have a big man that can grab 10+ rebounds a game AND score more than 8ppg.

2) we get barnes who is a young prospect that can play SF or PF.

3) we get rid of felton and his contract that goes through the 15-16 season.

and even if we do give up some cap space, by having lee an extra year, who do you guys think we would sign? you think marc gasol is gonna be worth max money? i dont even think rondo can command that much. please dont get delusional and think bron is coming to ny.

rondo is definitely not worth max money. i think hes worth his current salary now which is i think 10-12 mil per.

Back
Top Bottom