Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by DLo13

Finley's XI's...
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ ya'll talking about the 6th Man going to anybody but Crawford.

didnt realizes he was averaging 17.9 a game. that award's his

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

lol players cant take any criticism anymore, they all get butt hurt about it.
How exactly was Dwight "butt hurt"  he just gave his honest responses to criticisms.  He's not calling press conferences and crying to reporters, but people have been criticizing him, so he responded.  People just like to complain about everything.  I imagine if Dwight didn't say anything, people would claim "he's so soft he can't even reply to what people are saying" 

Most people would love Dwight to be in your face, confrontational, and an angry player.  But that's just not him... he's a nice and relaxed guy, and he can't pretend to be something he's not.  He's still the most dominating center and one of the biggest defensive threats in the league... and he'll throw your shot into the 6th row... and smile while he does it.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

lol players cant take any criticism anymore, they all get butt hurt about it.
How exactly was Dwight "butt hurt"  he just gave his honest responses to criticisms.  He's not calling press conferences and crying to reporters, but people have been criticizing him, so he responded.  People just like to complain about everything.  I imagine if Dwight didn't say anything, people would claim "he's so soft he can't even reply to what people are saying" 

Most people would love Dwight to be in your face, confrontational, and an angry player.  But that's just not him... he's a nice and relaxed guy, and he can't pretend to be something he's not.  He's still the most dominating center and one of the biggest defensive threats in the league... and he'll throw your shot into the 6th row... and smile while he does it.
Pretty much.

I too, didn't quite get the "butt hurt" comment.

Melo with a career high 18 boards in a win. Yezzir.
pimp.gif
 He's been attacking the glass a lot more in the past few games and I hope he keeps it up.

Crawford would be my pick for 6th man. And I agree with Dwight lashing out. I don't know why everyone goes after him. Scottie Pippen? Where the hell did that come from?

The guy impresses me like crazy when you consider that the Magic are a top 5 defense and most other players in the Magic rotation SUCK on defense.

everyone goes after him because he isn't an elite center. but whatever. he's probably the best center at the moment. doesn't matter if it's by default or not.

but he sill can't take over a game in the 4th quarter. i really don't have a problem with the criticism. when people find stuff to criticize kobe and lebron about it's pettey. but with him it's fundamental flaws in his game. But i understand how he should only listen to his coaches and not he media.

All it will take is one good solid elbow putting one of the alpha dogs on the floor and Dwight will shut them all up. 

It'll happen. 

He puts Bron, or Wade, or Kobe or Durant on their @#$ and people will love him from then on.  Give him time. 

Andy V is the best defensive PF in the league right now and probably the second most valuable dude on that cavs team. Crawford will probably win the Sixth man but Andy V deserves some love. He should be a all defensive first teamer but Duncan will probably get that again.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Andy V is the best defensive PF in the league right now and probably the second most valuable dude on that cavs team. Crawford will probably win the Sixth man but Andy V deserves some love. He should be a all defensive first teamer but Duncan will probably get that again.
Thank you.

CP stays with that blind hate sometimes.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Speaking of which, he's not speaking too highly of your boy Bosh in that MAX contract thread.
nerd.gif

Yeah I know, some formula numbers say the Cavs do well when Andy is on the court, so he's a great basketball player.  I know. 

Nike tryna throw me under the bus.  Hell is wrong with you man? 
laugh.gif

Just messing with you a little bit
laugh.gif
...Trying to get OKB to post an essay on why Bosh is so great in the other thread.
pimp.gif
wink.gif

Are you going to bring up some ludicrous stat to prove Andy V is one of the best defensive PF's in the league now?
smh.gif
smh.gif

id love for andy to play for us...you can teach someone to shoot and pass but you cant teach hustle...thats what hes all about hustles his butt off...although hes such a flopper
laugh.gif

speaking of flopping...when you guys think of flopping its assumed that its on the defensive end but i think its for the offensive side as well...look up wade i swear dude exaggerates falling every little contact

Originally Posted by BangDak

Are you going to bring up some ludicrous stat to prove Andy V is one of the best defensive PF's in the league now?
smh.gif
smh.gif

I'll do it for you: Cavs D Rating while he is on the court: 101.81 and off: 107.44(lower is better for DRtg).

It's just a fact that the Cavs' D is way better when he is out on the floor. Blame it on Hickson being bad all you want, but Varejao is an incredibly valuable basketball player. 2nd most valuable on the Cavs and it's not even close. I even went back to 07-08 to see if it was only Hickson bumping his #'s so high, but he put up a similar on/off court difference in that year.

There's a difference between a ludicrous stat and a legitimate one. On/off court numbers are just one of many ways of compiling data, but it can be very useful if the guy actually plays minutes.

there's no way that Varejao is the second most valuable Cav. That belongs to Mo Williams, and I don't care what stat you bring up

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

there's no way that Varejao is the second most valuable Cav. That belongs to Mo Williams, and I don't care what stat you bring up

wrong.  im pretty sure we were like 9-1 without mo, or something like that.  AV is very unique in his style of play.  if mo goes down we have a few people that can bring tha ball up.  mo is great but AV is more valuable

Yea, it's not like Mo Williams is a true point guard that facilitates the offense. He is basically a shooter that is capable of getting the ball across halfcourt. His D is suspect and he doesn't do much if his shot is off.

Back
Top Bottom