Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

bored02.gif

Yikes, Jets fans are NOT gonna like that
nerd.gif

You can't talk like that about RevisChrist their savior
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Revis is not worth $16 million a year. 1 stand out season and He wants to be paid like Nnamdi? Boy stop
laugh.gif

Could have at least said 7 million
laugh.gif
that comes from jets fans and the league sayin hes the best corner in the L
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
only Al Davis got the type of money Revis wants.

Sidenote: GREAT signing by the Raiders. John Henderson will be a force on our D-line.

[h1]Haynesworth will skip minicamp, wants trade[/h1]
Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who skipped the ********' voluntary workout program in protest of his new role on the team, will not attend the mandatory minicamp that begins Wednesday and wants to be traded, his agent said Tuesday night.

"The ******** are trying to establish a new regime with new schemes at ******** Park, and it is not an organization that Albert would have ever been attracted to just a short year ago - regardless of the money," agent Chad Speck said in a phone interview. "He has made it clear to me that he does not want to play for the Washington ********.

"This situation will be a distraction to the ******** and to Albert and his teammates. I am certain [head coach] Mike [Shanahan] and [General Manager] Bruce [Allen] want to get the most out of their first year and it's probably in everyone's best interests for the ******** to make a deal and trade Albert."

******** Senior Vice President Tony Wylie said "We're preparing for minicamp, so Coach Shanahan will address your question tomorrow."

For weeks, Haynesworth has privately expressed frustration to some teammates about the coaching staff's decision to use him as a nose tackle in Washington's new 3-4 defensive scheme, and told them he would not participate in voluntary activities as defined by the league's collective bargaining agreement.

Team officials maintain they have never discussed trading the two-time all-pro, but the ******** have had talks with clubs interested in acquiring Haynesworth, according to people familiar with the situation.

Haynesworth missed all but one day of Coach Mike Shanahan's 47-day voluntary program, including six days of minicamps, 13 organized team activities and 28 days designated for lifting, according to a copy of the team's offseason schedule. In March, he attended Shanahan's introductory session to inform him he planned to train on his own.

Shanahan, who shortly after his hiring stressed the importance of his offseason program, acknowledged he was disappointed in Haynesworth's decision, but the NFL's collective bargaining agreement prohibits teams from fining players for skipping voluntary activities. The two-day minicamp is Washington's only mandatory event, and Haynesworth is aware of the potential consequences of his actions, Speck said.

Not a Skins fan but live in the DMV area and at this point the Skins need to just trade Fat Albert.

The fans never wanted him in the first place and they def don't want him now after this fiasco.

Not a Skins fan but live in the DMV area and at this point the Skins need to just trade Fat Albert.

The fans never wanted him in the first place and they def don't want him now after this fiasco.

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

More importantly he has no role on this team and in this defensive scheme. I mean maybe he could play end but what a waste of talent and money. As much money as he is making he needs to get as many snaps as he can at his best position not at two positions he isnt cut out to play.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

*@$* Albert Haynesworth with a ten foot poll. Dude is a !$!*$ and I hope somebody stomps on his face. 

You sound like the guys in Schefter's tweet:

Texts on Albert from NFL people "You can't fix a bad guy"..."He is a total JERK!"..."Hope media go to town with this one and tear him up."
laugh.gif
smh.gif
ohwell.gif

...and you wanna talk about needing a new contract? What about CJ2K?

Chris Johnson: Titans are "not offering me nothing"

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 15, 2010 2:11 PM ET
CJ2K wishes he had it as good as Darrelle Revis when it comes to contract talks.

"Just got off the phone with my agent and its not good news," Chris Johnson tweeted. [We've strategically added letters for clarity.]  "I'm feeling like @Revis24 [Darrelle Revis] right now at least dey offering him something dey not offering me nothing."

The Titans running back embarked on a holdout that includes no easy solution, unless Tennessee becomes willing to give Johnson a short-term bump to tide him over.  We suspect the team won't entertain any new contract for a third-year player.

"Its like how u expect your players to give they all and put their bodies on the line when you not willing to give them what they deserve," Johnson said.  "How do you want a player to honor their contract but the team don't have to honor it. If you don't want to pay a player early don't cut a player early."

Johnson's tweets have become a target in our comments for their spelling and grammar, but his logic is crystal clear in this case. 

(And let's be honest: The spelling in most comments isn't any better.   Not to mention my posts.)

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Revis is not worth $16 million a year. 1 stand out season and He wants to be paid like Nnamdi? Boy stop
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Nnamdi doesn't even deserve Nnamdi money

Marvin Harrison, the former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver whose role in a 2008 shooting is under investigation by the Philadelphia district attorney, was ordered to surrender a 9 mm handgun to police Wednesday during a routine traffic stop.

Harrison was stopped at approximately 5 p.m. on the 2700 block of Jefferson Avenue in Philadelphia about three blocks from a garage he owns, according to two law enforcement sources. The garage was the site of a 2008 shooting in which three people were injured. Two of the victims accused Harrison of firing the shots, but he has not been charged in the case.

939.jpg

Harrison

The 37-year-old former Pro Bowl receiver was driving the wrong way down the one-way street in a Cadillac Escalade when the patrolman stopped him along with the driver of a second car that was trailing him, the sources said.

According to the two law enforcement sources, the patrolman saw Harrison place something that appeared to be a weapon in the seat console of his car. When the officer asked him to step out of the vehicle, Harrison produced a car registration and a permit to carry a weapon, both of which were in order. When he was asked whether he had a weapon, however, he answered no, the sources said.

At that point, the sources added, the officer said that he had probable cause to search the vehicle and found a weapon.

The sources said Harrison was being questioned at the Philadelphia Police Department's special investigations unit Wednesday evening. The department's public information office did not answer calls or e-mails seeking comment.

Harrison has been labeled a "person of interest" in the April 2008 shooting, which started when he had an altercation near his garage with Dwight Dixon, an ex-con who frequented the neighborhood. Dixon was shot once in the hand after an argument. A bystander was hit in the back with a stray bullet, and a boy sitting in a car was injured by shattered glass.

Dixon was later fatally shot in a crime that remains unsolved.

A lingering mystery from the initial shooting involving Dixon is three spent 9 mm shell casings that ended up in Dixon's truck. Dixon said they came from a second weapon fired by Harrison, but no weapon was ever recovered.

The police department source said that as a matter of routine, Harrison's gun will be tested to see whether it matches those casings. It was unclear Wednesday evening when the tests would be done.

The Philadelphia district attorney, Seth Williams, has said that he has considered filing an array of charges against Harrison related to the 2008 incident and that it is "something that we will consider in the future." But Williams said he wants to wait until an investigation into Dixon's shooting is complete.

A lawyer for Harrison, Thomas Wagner, has previously said that his client "emphatically denies" the allegations but would have no comment because of two pending civil suits from the 2008 incident. Wagner could not be reached for comment Wednesday night.

Adam_Schefter

Rams S O.J. Atogwe is planning to visit Seattle next week. Rams remain favorite to re-sign him, but Seahawks could make it interesting

JasonLaCanfora

Saehawks showing interest in free agent S OJ Atogwe, who had been with the Rams. No visit yet but possible next week. More on NFL.com

[h1]Seahawks shoot down Atogwe visit[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 16, 2010 9:17 PM ET

O.J. Atogwe may plan to visit Seattle next week, but the Seahawks don't sound that interested in meeting him while he's there. 

ESPN's Mike Sando reports via a team source that no visit is planned from Seattle's end.  What we have here appears to be a failure from Atogwe's camp to drum up interest for the safety.  (Not to mention some ESPN-on-ESPN crime.)

All along, the Rams have pushed the hardest of any team to sign Atogwe.  But he's needed another team in the mix to help raise his price tag.  Apparently, he floated the wrong team publicly.

It's unclear if Atogwe still plans to make the journey to the Northwest. If so, we recommend a trip to Safeco Field and the cafe/bookstore that inspired one of the sets on Frasier

[h2]Enquirer: Kim Kardashian Now Dating Miles Austin[/h2]
Posted by Brooks on Jun. 16, 2010, 12:14pm

I avoid at all cost all things Kardashian, but the NATIONAL ENQUIRER has an offline story about Kim Kardashian today that I thought I’d pass along - for the benefit of Cowboys haters fans.

(Follow Brooks on Twitter for Real Time Sports Celebrity News)

In a story yet to hit the web, the Enquirer reports that the possessor of reality television’s finest wide receiver is now hooking up with Dallas Cowboys pass catcher Miles Austin.

Kardashian invited Austin to attend an NBA Finals game on June 6, only they didn’t sit together. (Fun!) Though they later did dinner at Casa Vega in Los Angeles.

Excerpt:
“Kim’s carving out more time in her schedule to be with Miles, and she’s telling those close to her that he’s ‘the one.’

Looks like Miles finally made it.

Getting that celebrity groupie #%$@*.
pimp.gif

Seriously though, I hope this isn't true. The last thing the Cowboys needs is any Kim K drama, we provide enough of that on our own.

So whats the deal with Vincent Jackson and Marcus Mcneil. They didn't sign their tenders. so now they making like 500,000 this year. Now they might sit out 10 games ?

I never heard of this.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Nnamdi doesn't even deserve Nnamdi money
Nnamdi deserves to be the top paid player at his position in the NFL. I agree that he is paid an incredible amount, but better him than anyone else.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Looks like Miles finally made it.

Getting that celebrity groupie #%$@*.
pimp.gif

Seriously though, I hope this isn't true. The last thing the Cowboys needs is any Kim K drama, we provide enough of that on our own.

It might be a good thing & this is why

Kim + Reggie = Saints Championship

Khloe + Lamar = Lakers Championship

Kim + Miles = ..........

Back
Top Bottom