Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Hes perfect for Shannys system. Still depends on the compensation. puts drafting a QB off a few years. Eh I dunno......

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Mcnabb to ******** for 2nd-rd pick this year and either a 3 or 4 next year depending on certain conditions.

eek.gif
whoa

wow.....did we really do that? this proves andy reid needs to get fired....so basically you trade him to a division rival and we have to play them 2x? im so mad....ive been a mcnabb fan since college and i really hate to see him go and to top it off to the damn ********....wow just wow....first brian dawkins and now this...

According to Adam Schefter's Twitter feed, Donovan McNabb has just been traded to the ********. The Eagles will receive the ******** 2nd round pick this year and either a 3rd or 4th round pick next year depending on certain conditions.

Eagles get a 4th and 5th from Cleveland, now a 2nd from Washington, and now the Skins don't need a QB.....Skins trade down to Cleveland now so they can take Clausen? 
nerd.gif

[h1]******** offered Albert Haynesworth to the Eagles[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 5, 2010 8:03 AM ET

As mentioned in the 10-pack we pounded out last night for SportingNews.com and by Rosenthal several hours earlier, the ******** dangled defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth as part of the trade talk that culminated in the Donovan McNabb deal.

We've heard that safety LaRon Landry's name also came up during the discussions.

Adam Caplan of Scout.com (via Sheil Kapadia of Philly.com) has likewise reported that Haynesworth was offered to the Eagles.  We heard in the wake of the deal that the Eagles had no interest in adding Haynesworth to the team.

Bottom line?  The new regime in D.C. definitely seems to be souring on the crown jewel of last year's free-agent class.

*******sDotCom

Just received word...Donovan McNabb to wear No. 5 with #********, Colt Brennan switches to No. 15.

I've made my feelings well known, but that would have made me feel a little better if they got rid of Haynesworth (Not worth all that $)...but the Eagles aren't stupid...they know exactly why they're doing this.

I wouldn't have wanted Haynesworth. He became a lazy bum after that money...would not be worth it.

But...the ******** though???
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

[h1]Report: If traded to the Raiders, Donovan McNabb would have retired[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 5, 2010 12:26 PM ET

A week ago, the Raiders were regarded as the favorites to land Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb.  According to Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports, however, McNabb intended to never play for the Raiders.

Per Cole, McNabb made it known to the Eagles through McNabb's associates that McNabb would retire if traded to Oakland.

"He has plenty of money," a source close to McNabb told Cole.  "He's not doing anything he doesn't want to do."

While McNabb would have given up $11.2 million in 2010 compensation if he had retired, the Raiders would have not been able to collect money previously paid to McNabb, like the Bucs ultimately did with Jake Plummer several years ago.  The signing bonus proration on McNabb's 2002 extension concluded in 2009, and his "financial apology" from last year did not include (as far as we can tell) a signing bonus, which is the only form of compensation that can be recovered if a player retires with years remaining on the proration.

you know your team sucks when they choose to retire before playin for you and would want to play for the ******** before you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Adam_Schefter

Another trade filed to ESPN: Seattle traded guard Rob Sims to Detroit. So the Lions improve their offensive line.

Once paperwork is complete -- and it still will be another couple of hours -- Detroit will trade a 5th-round pick to Seattle for Rob Sims

Back
Top Bottom