**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by vezon

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

Originally Posted by vezon

%%*+ the knicks
OD weak fans

eyes.gif

lol you wait till the end of the game to post that...Team New York Knicks huh?

This team ain't gonna be $#@! until Carmelo comes and saves us. Nobody on this team can isolate and hit crunch time jump shots down the stretch.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Take good from this?

I saw a team that attacked the hoop and got back in the game, and in crunch time they started to lose focus, settle and jack 3's. No leadership on the court or go to guy.

Where is the positive in that? Moral victories are not wussup.

End result: LOSS.
We came back from 19 down... Against a good team...
Well, if that's all that matters I guess you're pretty unhappy that we aren't gonna go 82-0.
Stop being content with this team taking the lead and blowing it just like they've done the past 5 years. !$%$, it's not like the Warriors are even the Lakers or Heat, this is a pathetic loss, not a goddamn moral victory.
So we can only have games like this against the elite teams? WE ARE A FRINGE PLAYOFF TEAM JUST LIKE THE WARRIORS. How is that hard to understand? You guys really wanna fill the stereotype of a fickle New York fan, because you're doing a GREAT job of it.

Since a leader refuses to emerge and take games over (post players like Amare could only do so much), Donnie better bring Melo to NY.

Take good from this?

I saw a team that attacked the hoop and got back in the game, and in crunch time they started to lose focus, settle and jack 3's. No leadership on the court or go to guy.

Well, if that's all that matters I guess you're pretty unhappy that we aren't gonna go 82-0.
Stop being content with this team taking the lead and blowing it just like they've done the past 5 years. !$%$, it's not like the Warriors are even the Lakers or Heat, this is a pathetic loss, not a goddamn moral victory.
So we can only have games like this against the elite teams? WE ARE A FRINGE PLAYOFF TEAM JUST LIKE THE WARRIORS. How is that hard to understand?
Fringe playoff teams shouldn't be down 20 to other fringe playoff teams, and neither should they make 20 point comebacks and lose. You have a sorry mentality. How hard is that to understand? Everybody in this thread should be !+%!*** livid, but instead we got dudes like you trying to rationalize a goddamn embarrassment of a game. You know what a 20 point comeback is worth when you lose? Nothing. !+%!*** terrible.

Take good from this?

So we can only have games like this against the elite teams? WE ARE A FRINGE PLAYOFF TEAM JUST LIKE THE WARRIORS. How is that hard to understand?
Fringe playoff teams shouldn't be down 20 to other fringe playoff teams, and neither should they make 20 point comebacks and lose. You have a sorry mentality. How hard is that to understand? Everybody in this thread should be !+%!*** livid, but instead we got dudes like you trying to rationalize a goddamn embarrassment of a game. You know what a 20 point comeback is worth when you lose? Nothing. !+%!*** terrible.
Fickle. New. York. Fan. It's been much worst past seasons and we're 8 games into the season with a BRAND NEW ROSTER. Sorry if I have a REALISTIC mentality. There's gonna be a lot more games like this, probably games that are gonna be worst, because we aren't that good yet.

1. Chandler should never take another %*!%%*$ three unless he is wide the %+$+ open.
2. Felton is the worse passing starting PG in the league.
3. Once again we proved that we will never win a game if we dont hit our 3s.
4. Fire Dantoni
5. Its time for melo

Originally Posted by Al3xis

It's time to take the training wheels off of Randolph.
Dantoni is not about that life.

Take good from this?

Fickle. New. York. Fan. It's been much worst past seasons and we're 8 games into the season with a BRAND NEW ROSTER. Sorry if I have a REALISTIC mentality. There's gonna be a lot more games like this, probably games that are gonna be worst, because we aren't that good yet.
I don't care about a brand new roster. Smart teams, well coached teams, good teams don't lose after coming back from 20 down. Realistic mentality is thinking this team is gonna win 38 games, not claiming a moral victory because they came back from 20 to lose. You have a sorry mentality.

Damn, son. Take your foot off the gas. Mayhem been through too many 'if only' Knick losses. He don't understand 'if only' doesn't quite cut it when you sign a $100 million player.
"There are no moral victories in the NBA." --Al Trautwig, 5 seconds ago

Lord knows who should take our last three. That Portland game, we were begging Chandler to, Amar'e did and missed. Now it's flipped. Sometimes it's Gallo. Let's just find a way to stay out of that situation.

This loss isn't on D'antoni...You don't run plays to end a game you give to one guy and let him his thing.  We don't have one guy we have a bunch of ok guys.  3-5 on the SOFT part of our schedule is not good.  I might off myself if we lost to Minnesota.

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

Originally Posted by Al3xis

It's time to take the training wheels off of Randolph.
IDK why people say this. AR's game is VERY raw and he shows it every time he plays. He does a LOT of different things while being on the court--Some work and some don't. I feel like he's still trying to find his game in the NBA.

In one possession you see him grabbing a board and running down the court with the ball trying to hoist up a runner only to draw an offensive foul or completely miss. The next play down--You see him working inside the post and being successful. He turns over the ball too much and tries to make something out of nothing.

AR is def one of those utility players. A dude who can play strong defense and grab lots of boards. He can be a GREAT energy player.

No moral victories. It's just not acceptable anymore to be ok with a loss like this (despite the team making a run near the end of the game).

I said this last night, but how many times have we seen this kind of game happen, especially over the last 3/4 years?

The reliance on three pointers and lack of defense (among other things) is, once again, symptomatic of a team whose coach is either preaching the wrong things or at the very least not doing enough to change the mentality of the players and make them realize they can't do that sort of thing if they want to be a team that wins games with consistency.

We have very different players on the team this year, but why is the playing behavior similar to the teams of the previous 2/3 years? Are people really that much in denial that it's not D'Antoni who's at the center of this?

Back
Top Bottom