**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

i agree with jrs and mez one

sorry

it's inexcusable by now.
It's inexcusable after 8 games?

I guess I'm gonna agree to disagree with all of you guys. Still got love for all the Knick fans though, even if the impatience frustrates me.
laugh.gif
Don't blame you guys though. I'm just saying give it time. Word to Landry Fields...

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

No moral victories. It's just not acceptable anymore to be ok with a loss like this (despite the team making a run near the end of the game).

I said this last night, but how many times have we seen this kind of game happen, especially over the last 3/4 years?

The reliance on three pointers and lack of defense (among other things) is, once again, symptomatic of a team whose coach is either preaching the wrong things or at the very least not doing enough to change the mentality of the players and make them realize they can't do that sort of thing if they want to be a team that wins games with consistency.

We have very different players on the team this year, but why is the playing behavior similar to the teams of the previous 2/3 years? Are people really that much in denial that it's not D'Antoni who's at the center of this?
D'antoni is just showing the world that he isn't a good coach. All that success he had in Phoenix was Nash. 

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

Originally Posted by Al3xis

It's time to take the training wheels off of Randolph.
IDK why people say this. AR's game is VERY raw and he shows it every time he plays. He does a LOT of different things while being on the court--Some work and some don't. I feel like he's still trying to find his game in the NBA.

In one possession you see him grabbing a board and running down the court with the ball trying to hoist up a runner only to draw an offensive foul or completely miss. The next play down--You see him working inside the post and being successful. He turns over the ball too much and tries to make something out of nothing.

AR is def one of those utility players. A dude who can play strong defense and grab lots of boards. He can be a GREAT energy player.
I say it because having Wilson Chandler and Amare be your 4/5 tandem will not even win us 30 games.

the small ball approach just can't happen, not with this team.

As far as D'Antoni goes...almost any system/style of play can work if you have the players and utilize them correctly.

IF he trots out that garbage lineup and runs them for 40 minutes it won't work. IF he uses size and depth, it is fine.

His biggest issue for me, is handling a rotation and lineup. Not his style of basketball.

Ive NEVER liked his rotations. never ever.

I mean, it is improving in a way; he's finally learning to expand his bench, but he just cant handle the minutes correctly yet once again. I think the small ball was just an experiment to see how things would work out, and obviously it didnt work out too well. However, i do expect to see that lineup a bit more against some of the slower teams (Spurs, Minny, Dallas, etc.)

Didn't get the stops at the right time. No help defense. Not good enough at rebounding. Playing too much catch up. Letting them get the lead in crunch time.

At least it didn't look they quit. This loss made me look at coaching.

I can also tell Randolph isn't close to being D'Antoni's fav Knick and if a trade goes down his name will be mentioned before Gallo's by coach.

Oh and I'm still not happy with Amar'e taking these 3s
laugh.gif

I mean, if Mozgov was good enough to start, why on a night without Turiaf do you only give the guy 2 minutes? (and to this point I'm not at all a Mozgov fan, but the dude is 7ft)

My biggest fear this season was small ball with the idea of Will in the 'Marion' role..and tonight was not a good sign. I really hope it doesn't occur.

it's why we shot 30 damn three pointers. You play a traditional 4/5, that's just not going to happen, plus your defense will be better. He can coach offense really well, but if you have 4 perimiter guys on the floor, they are going to take jump shots, lots of them.

Rotate Amare/Mozgov/Turiaf/AR in the 4/5. nobody else.

We actually do have decent size and length..use it to our advantage.

- I think it's coach telling them to keep shooting threes.

- And Nash is a hell of a PG, alot of it was his shine.

- You would think with Chandler, Walker, Amare, Felton, AR, Fields... this team would attack the rim on every play.

- What was this talk about "we're athletic now, and we haven't been in the past 2 years". We're not even using our athleticism...
You can't shoot an athletic 3 point shot. You can use your athleticism to drive though.

- And Felton needs to pass the ball to Amare closer to the rim. Amare needs to post up more often and catch the ball from there. Big men become more of a threat this way.
Felton needs to drive a bit more for kick outs.

I wanna know what happens if the coach told the team "No more than 12 3point attempts tonight"

Exactly what i was saying before the game...

Finally, someone hears me. RT @MikeVacc: Felton still has no earthly idea how to feed Stoudemire on pick and roll #knicks.

Could not figure out pick-and-roll in three tries on that last possession. Where have you gone, Chris Duhon. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

LOL RT @FinalE33: @alanhahn I don't know what's more frightening... that you said Duhon or that I agree with you.. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

Was it that obvious? RT @EvonB: @alanhahn I like that you got that pick n roll question off your chest during the press conference. 28 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Bold stat of the night: Warriors scored 74 poits in the paint against the Knicks, who went with the small lineup approach. 26 minutes ago via TweetDeck

He agreed it's an issue, but said "Check back in a couple of weeks." RT @bgibbs10: @alanhahn What was response when you asked about P&R? 25 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Agree. If Felton can't, maybe others can. RT @bgibbs10: @alanhahn See the Fields/Amare P&R that led to either foul or hoop in first half. 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck
http://www.tweetdeck.com/

Try the pick and roll with other mother&^%$^*#. Fields is a smart player, Maybe this pick and roll with Gallo-Amare can get both of them going. 

Same ol' Knicks.
30t6p3b.gif

I sat behind a bunch of Warrirors fans and was near a section of fans representing Davidson.

There were some girls chanting "Let's Go Warriors" a few sections over every now and then that kept getting booed relentlessly,
laugh.gif

[h1]Noah Calls Garnett 'Mean' And 'Ugly'[/h1]Nov 10, 2010 11:14 PM EST

Noah_Joakim_chi.jpg
Bulls center Joakim Noah has made it clear that he dislikes Celtics forward Kevin Garnett.

"Kevin Garnett will not -- will not -- get a Christmas gift from me," Noah said Wednesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I don't like him."

The feud started during last season's playoffs.

After Garnett was suspended for throwing an elbow at Quentin Richardson, Noah -- who was in Cleveland playing the Cavaliers -- chimed in that Garnett was a "dirty player."

"He's a very mean guy," Noah said. "Where's the love? None at all. Ugly, too."

What makes the relationship even stranger is that Noah grew up with a poster of Garnett on his wall.

"I had his poster in my room," Noah said. "I used to wear his jersey. And the truth is my rookie year, I was in admiration of this guy, and he kind of shut me down.

"And he was very mean to me my rookie year. And he's only mean to the young guys and the [European players], for some reason. I don't know why, but that's who he doesn't like. He's not nice. I talk a lot of trash out there, but c'mon, be a little sensitive. Be sweet."

I know he's a Bull.. but this was funny
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ah_calls_garnett_mean_and_ugly/#ixzz14wxvBMoc

I love moral victories and taking positives out of losses.

Loser wimp fans, take the goggles off.

Back
Top Bottom