**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Numbers only tell part of the story. Amar'e has a way bigger impact on the overall game than Lee does. Putbacks and pick + rolls is howLee scores his points. He can't create his own shot, so he doesn't draw double teams or shake up opposing teams' defense at all. Amar'e does.

Amar'e can get other people open since he can create his own shot, and is a threat all over the floor. On top of that, Amar'e defense is a billion times better than Lee's.

Also, there's now way Lee and Amar'e play well together.

Lets be realistic here.

Nah Lee & Amare wouldn't work...

Before this summer, I could of sworn our lineup for this season would of been

Camby
Bosh
Bron
Chandler
Douglas

embarassed.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif

Why yall still talking about Lee? Fan fav but c'mon. It's STAT city whether you like it or not for now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=Paul-101112
"I know Chris," Denver's Carmelo Anthony says. "That's my guy. I know he wants to prove that he is one of the top point guards in the NBA. By his injury a lot of people stopped talking about him, which is normal. I'm glad to see him back doing what he can do." ESPN.com
Anthony said that never happened. The Denver forward refuted a recent New York Post report that Anthony has had several conversations with Lee, an avid Knicks fan, about joining the team. "Never. Inaccurate. False,'' Anthony said in an interview Wednesday with FanHouse following a charity event in which the Carmelo Anthony Foundation provided meals for a week for 400 Denver families in need. FanHouse.com

Regardless, it was an offseason event that led many to believe Anthony was in no hurry to sign the extension that was offered in June. Five months later, he has yet to sign it. "It's still there,'' Anthony said of the extension still being an option. "My options are open. That's where I want to leave it at.'' FanHouse.com

"Me and LeBron are different,'' Anthony said when the conversation turned to how James went to the Heat in search of a title ring. "I don't worry about that and what people say about me. And people are saying stuff about me as long as I've been in this league. Whatever I do is my decision for my family (which also includes son Kiyan, 4). I'm not worried about what somebody else's opinion is.'' FanHouse.com

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/11/11/...-on-one-with-fanhouse-will-he-or-wont/?synd=1
DAntoni Trying to Free Up Stoudemire

spacer.gif

Posted: 11/12/2010 5:40:00 AM
Source: Mark Hale of the New York Post

With Landry Fields, Mike D'Antoni explained that the rookie's instinct is to be forever cutting on the offensive end. Fields is always moving.

That probably seems good. But it's not.

"He needs to cut sometimes. But he's cutting all the time. You have to understand when it is to cut and when you don't," D'Antoni said yesterday. "Because otherwise you cut right into Amar'e [Stoudemire] and you mess Amar'e up."

In looking at film of his struggling Knicks, D'Antoni sees one major issue in particular on the offensive end and one on the defensive end.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Defensively, there's a lack of verbal communication among the players. Actually, D'Antoni doesn't care if not everyone speaks English on the court--- which is something he stressed to Russian rookie center Timofey Mozgov.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"Even if you talk in Russian, they know what you're talking about," D'Antoni said he told Mozgov. "Just talk. It doesn't matter."[/color]

On the offensive end, according to D'Antoni and Stoudemire, the major issue is bad spacing. The Knicks, who have dropped three straight and face the 2-7 Timberwolves tonight in Minnesota, put up 117 points in losing to the Warriors on Wednesday night at the Garden, and that total is perfectly fine. But the Knicks also committed 20 turnovers for the second straight game and are not always scoring consistently.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

"you can't shoot an athletic 3 point shot"

very well said
YEEUP! I agree.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

ARis def one of those utility players. A dude who can play strong defenseand grab lots of boards. He can be a GREAT energy player.
Sounds like a better version of Jared Jeffries. Not sure if that's necessarily a good thing though....

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

Wehave very different players on the team this year, but why is theplaying behavior similar to the teams of the previous 2/3 years? Arepeople really that much in denial that it's not D'Antoni who's at thecenter of this?
Agreed.

Originally Posted by GJones712

Numbersonly tell part of the story. Amar'e has a way bigger impact on theoverall game than Lee does. Putbacks and pick + rolls is howLee scoreshis points. He can't create his own shot, so he doesn't draw doubleteams or shake up opposing teams' defense at all. Amar'e does.

Amar'e can get other people open since he can create his own shot, andis a threat all over the floor. On top of that, Amar'e defense is abillion times better than Lee's.
Say what?

Maybe our definitions of "creating his own shot" are different from each other. Please explain what you mean in saying that Amar'e can create his own shot.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Carmelo Anthony confirmed a Post report that Chris Paul made a champagne toast at Anthony's Manhattan wedding in July in which he called for himself, 'Melo and Amar'e Stoudemire to team up on the Knicks.

"Everybody was having fun. The Miami Heat was the hot topic at that point. There were a lot of players. They were just laughing and joking about it. It is what it is," Anthony told AOL in advance of his Tuesday showdown against the Knicks in Denver. "It wasn't set up. It wasn't staged. It was just everybody having a good time laughing and joking."

Anthony denied a Post report he told Spike Lee, who attended the wedding, the Knicks are his first choice. Anthony added of Denver's extension,"It's still there. My options are open."

Regarding his Dec. 12 Garden visit, Anthony said, "I expect that to be a zoo."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...ms_toast_HzSvUosJKYOm1cXMyCye9H#ixzz154NIjZHg

i remember in the pre season thread how i said  a paul, anthony and amare trio would be way better than a bron, bosh, wade trio.. everybody stonefaced and laughed at me. them %$!+ faces thinking this is nba 2k11... how hard is it to understand that wade and bron are virtually the same player? i couldnt have possibly be the only one who saw this struggle from a mile away? not to mention bosh lazy %+% playing like hes going along for the ride...

could you imagine a paul, amare, and anthony trio? highest scoring team in the league probably... both melo and amare have played great with ball dominant point guards before UNLIKE wade and lebron who are the main ballhandlers throughout their careers. all three of them dudes can shoot the jumper consistently unlike wade and bron.

I think the ship has sailed on the knicks chances to get paul now...

and my oh my randolph sucks balls. i will never buy into homer warrior fans hype ever again...

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"Even if you talk in Russian, they know what you're talking about," D'Antoni said he told Mozgov. "Just talk. It doesn't matter."

[/color]

I'm on my BB so I can't quote so...

@SHUGES

You saying Amar'e isn't more of an offensive threat with the ball than Lee is?

Amar'e doesn't need to score all his points on put-backs and baseline jumpers off the pick + roll. IF we would get him the ball in the post he'd draw a lot of double teams because teams know he's a threat to score close to the basket.

Lee was always played one on one because teams weren't worried about him making a move to the basket.

laugh.gif
Talk in Russian. It don't matter. They'll know what you're talking about when on defense. Cuz you know trying to get help on defense is a universal language. D'antoni
30t6p3b.gif

That needs to be the new quote of this thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Numbers only tell part of the story. Amar'e has a way bigger impact on the overall game than Lee does. Putbacks and pick + rolls is howLee scores his points. He can't create his own shot, so he doesn't draw double teams or shake up opposing teams' defense at all. Amar'e does.

Amar'e can get other people open since he can create his own shot, and is a threat all over the floor. On top of that, Amar'e defense is a billion times better than Lee's.
Say what?

Maybe our definitions of "creating his own shot" are different from each other. Please explain what you mean in saying that Amar'e can create his own shot.
Amar'e can hit the from 15 out or drive to the basket and both need to be respected, where Lee is just left to shoot his jump shot or try to back someone down in the paint.

i just noticed this but...how do we have 60 more pages than the warriors thread?? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

and other team threads look very minuscule compare to our thread lol

i dont agree with you Los. Lee is more talented, Amare is just more athletic. Nash made Amare. Lee made himself.

Lee's jumper > Amare
Lee's rebounding > Amare
Lee + Nash PNR = Amare + Nash PNR
Lee's handle > Amare
-yes Lee can create his own shot

Amare's defense > Lee
Amare's leadership > Lee
Amare's takeover mentality > Lee

David Lee was a nice player, but Amar'e Stoudemire is a top 10 talent in the league. That is where those 2 differ heavily and I am very happy with having Amar'e on the Knicks. He obviously needs someone else to play with.

On the road against Milwaukee tonight, gotta get back to .500 and take it from there.

D'Antoni is coaching for his job this season and he knows it. If this team doesn't play inspired ball he is as good as gone. One thing with him is players get into his doghouse quickly and that house will only get bigger and bigger as the season goes on.

^^^ yea but I'd make the argument that those last 3 traits are what the team needed the most, even if Amare isn't a premier defender (
laugh.gif
) but still he brings that mentality...kinda...sorta.......

on a side note
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ D'Antoni. Ever realize this dude NEVER says oh well we need to make this or that change defensively, everything is..well we passed well, we didn't move the ball well, we didn't hit our shots, they'll start to fall...how about...GETTING STOPS. Someone please tell me ONE time you've watched a game this year and been like Landry Fields you @*##+!$#%%%% stop cutting cause you're $$!*@+@ up Amar'e in the post....ummmmmm yea.....

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i dont agree with you Los. Lee is more talented, Amare is just more athletic. Nash made Amare. Lee made himself.

Lee's jumper > Amare
Lee's rebounding > Amare
Lee's handle > Amare

Amare's defense > Lee
Amare's leadership > Lee
All those can be debated. Lee has limited range on his jumper. Amar'e can hit threes.

Lee had a handle?
laugh.gif

Lee wasn't effective at all creating his own shot. He was really good at scoring on broken plays, though.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

i just noticed this but...how do we have 60 more pages than the warriors thread?? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

and other team threads look very minuscule compare to our thread lol
laugh.gif
It reminds me of how hip hop dominates the music section. I be getting the feeling that among fans, the Knicks of all teams have the most on this forum.

Lee's jumper > Amare
Lee's rebounding > Amare
Lee's handle > Amare

Amare's defense > Lee
Amare's leadership > Lee
All those can be debated. Lee has limited range on his jumper. Amar'e can hit threes.

Lee had a handle?
laugh.gif

Lee wasn't effective at all creating his own shot. He was really good at scoring on broken plays, though.
Lee iso'd at top of key and damn near ran our offense sometimes. As in handle i mean ball control, not crossovers/flashy moves. Ok just because amare hit a couple of 3s doesnt mean he's all of a sudden has better range. I'm sure Lee's 3 > Amare's. I'm not saying Lee is GOAT, but once again he is more talented, Amare is just more athletic.

C'mon now I hear you but to say Lee is more TALENTED than Amar'e....let's be real here...off PURE TALENT you're telling me David Lee is better than Amar'e, let's not get carried away after 8 games

So Lee's the better player, then?

laugh.gif

You really think Lee would shoot the three better than Amar'e?

And when he "iso'd at top of key and damn near ran our offense" I remember that as Lee holding the ball over his head, and then passing to a player on the wing.
laugh.gif

If I didn't know any better, I'd think David Lee was Magic Johnson reading your post.

Lee's jumper > Amare
Lee's rebounding > Amare
Lee's handle > Amare

Amare's defense > Lee
Amare's leadership > Lee

Lee had a handle?
laugh.gif

Lee iso'd at top of key and damn near ran our offense sometimes. As in handle i mean ball control, not crossovers/flashy moves. Ok just because amare hit a couple of 3s doesnt mean he's all of a sudden has better range. I'm sure Lee's 3 > Amare's. I'm not saying Lee is GOAT, but once again he is more talented, Amare is just more athletic.
Your bugging... Amare knocks down 15-20 foot jumpers more consistently than Lee ever did, had the ability to knock down the 3 pt shot at times, and Amare on the PNR would be twice as hard to stop than Lee on a PNR with Nash. The only advantage Lee has over Amare is rebounding. Amare also created his own shot in PHX (more than people give him credit for), and the reason he was able to do this was because he had LEGIT and CONSISTENT shooters around him that could give him the proper space to operate. We don't have that on the Knicks, so when Amare does try to create he's constantly swarmed.

This man wiped his !$# with Bynum, Gasol, Odom and whoever the Lakers threw at him in the WCF...so David Lee would have put up the same / better, if not more, had he been on the Suns? Maybe they woulda won the series?

That's where I think the David Lee / Amar'e argument ends

Back
Top Bottom