**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

that sevem point plan does't point out that we shoot an ridiculous amount of threes...

also does not point out that dantoni doesn't know what communication is and he is stubborn.

why would it take 2 years to sign a new star?

Fantasy talk - Thinking about trading Bosh, what's your offer?

Send Mike Dantoni your questions on the "Dantoni Show"
Email - [email protected]

laugh.gif

oakley's on wfan right now airing donnie out
laugh.gif

dude said donnie owes him an apologize
roll.gif

he also said he never told lebron not to come here, swore on his momma. he said he knew all along lebron was going to miami, knicks never had a shot .........

Vecsey: Melo Interested In Knicks, Not Nets
Nov 16, 2010 8:41 AM EST

After recent one-on-one conversations with Carmelo Anthony, Peter Vecsey came away feeling that Anthony is unwilling to join the Nets. Anthony reiterated that his primary consideration is winning. But even as the Knicks struggle to a 3-7 start, Vecsey reports that the Knicks remain on --if not at the top of --Anthony's list of preferred destinations. "I'm just like LeBron," Anthony said. "It's all about winning. That's all I care about. I want the chance to compete at the championship level. All the other stuff is irrelevant."

At this point, it's no secret he wants to come here. And I'm sure it will happen. He's doing it the right way. Reject his contract extension w/Den, refuse to sign an extension w/anyone else and just wait till next year to sign as a FA w/NY. I think every team already knows that he won't sign an extension w/anyone but NYC. So no one will give up anything of great value for him.

On Tuesday, of course, the Knicks will come to town. Carmelo Anthony, of course, desires to play in the New York area, sources have repeatedly said.

I asked Melo about coach Mike D’Antoni’s offensive system in New York: “You’re up and down, fast-paced and you get extra possessions in the game,

Mark Jackson, passed over for the job 2 ½ years ago, said during the preseason that the sixth, seventh and eighth seeds would be captured by the best-coached team, believing the talent was relatively similar.

D'Antoni has not found a way to get them to exude confidence in the fourth quarter -- their biggest problem since he got here. He has not found a way to get Stoudemire better shots. Has not found a way to motivate players like Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler. Has not found a way to stop the team from flinging quick 3-pointers and play speedball smartly.

"I'm not concerned with these guys' heart or character," D'Antoni said before flying to face Carmelo Anthony's Nuggets tonight. "They're good guys."

So is D'Antoni, but where is that offensive genius from Phoenix hiding? It is not D'Antoni's style to bash the team in public, and perhaps he does not do enough of it in private.

D'Antoni believes they are adults and should police themselves. Can Stoudemire be the lone policeman?

On Sunday, D'Antoni yanked Billy Walker from the rotation for Roger Mason Jr., but the coach never talked to Walker about it.

"I didn't see it coming," said Walker, who seemed perplexed.

Before the game, I asked D'Antoni what he could have done differently in Minnesota during Kevin Love's 31-point, 31-rebound game. He dismissed the premise.

The coach also gave a shocking response: "I know one thing for sure: It's not going to be the last time we blow a 21-point lead. It happens."

Not exactly a quote from the "Best of Knute Rockne." Don't remember Vince Lombardi using that line in his Broadway play.

http://www.nypost.com/p/s...s/knick...HNi0KnYXO6WkHP

this stupid, stubborn !!#$ has no idea what communication means

don't forget how many people are whispering in melo's ear, telling him NOT to come to new york city. we have many enemies, some have good reason to be pissed, others don't. one is on his current team

Al Harrington says Knicks' preferential treatment of Danilo Gallinari created tension in locker room

BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, November 16th 2010, 4:00 AM

Al Harrington could be lobbying for Carmelo Anthony to re-sign with the Denver Nuggets or telling him to stay as far away from New York as possible.

Either way, Harrington's strained relationship with Mike D'Antoni could be working against the Knicks in their pursuit of the Nuggets' All-Star small forward.

"I've told him about New York," Harrington told the Daily News. "He knows what's going on."

One of the things going on is a problem with the way the team treats Danilo Gallinari, Harrington hinted.

Harrington, who wanted to re-sign with the Knicks, was let go because the club wanted to sign Amar'e Stoudemire, Raymond Felton and Timofey Mozgov. He still can't grasp why D'Antoni never embraced him despite the fact that he was willing to be a backup.

"The writing was on the wall," said Harrington, who signed a free-agent contract with Denver. "I wasn't his type of player. I know there were some people who didn't want me there, some who did but the coach didn't."

Last May, another disgruntled Knick, Eddy Curry, met with LeBron James in Ohio. Although Curry claims he didn't discuss the team or D'Antoni, several sources indicate that Curry gave LeBron an unfavorable report on the franchise.

Last week in Chicago, Harrington said he's "not bashing anyone" and said he'll always have strong emotional ties to Knicks president Donnie Walsh, for whom he played with the Pacers.

But Harrington also suggested the organization may have created tension in the locker room in its attempts to market Gallinari as a star. Harrington revealed that there was some resentment in the locker room toward Gallinari, whom some players felt is a favorite of D'Antoni. Harrington added that Gallinari's team-first mentality made him a respected player among the veterans.

"He's definitely getting a fair opportunity to be what they want him to be," Harrington said. "Hopefully he'll accomplish that. I'm a big fan of Gallo. I was a guy that got guys off him in the locker room. Everybody felt that way. It was tough on him. He wasn't asking (to be treated like a star), they gave it to them. To his credit he never got a big head about it. I always pulled for him. I hope he does become what they want him to become." - Isola
Share20
0diggsdigg

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.co...oblem.html#ixzz15TBaGUet
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.co...oblem.html#ixzz15TBIWSAH

Its clear that Gallo is his favorite.. even when he played horrible x 10 he never got out of the lineup..

And what is Melo talking about he don't wanna be on a team that isn known for its defense, Andy Rautins is the defensive assistant.

We treat Curry like crap and sources claim that he told Lebron that the organization is trash...We don't respectfully tell Harrington that he doesn't fit into what this team wants to accomplish since he jacks up shots (which confuses me because 90% of this team jacks up shots all game) and he uses his negative experience to try to deter Carmelo from NYC..Marbury went off the season before he was traded saying he gets no respect and that nobody gives him a chance regardless of how hard he tries..Now this situation with Bill Walker getting 0 minutes so that a scrub like Mason Jr gets playing time? Not to mention that Mozgov is a fouling machine and gets 15-20 min a game but Rautins who is a good jump shooter doesn't get any minutes at all in a system where we like taking 3s every other possession

And who is the person that put all 4 of these players in the dog house? Mike D'Antoni....Dude is making it seem like the Knicks are purgatory...I never liked him and with Melo's comment that he can't play on a team that doesn't play any defense, I don't see how he can possibly be helping this franchise right now...Especially at 3-7....One of Walsh's positive attributes is his loyalty, but in this situation it's definitely more of a curse

Eva Longoria and Tony Parker are getting divorced ... TMZ has learned.

Parker filed for divorce yesterday in Texas.

The "Desperate Housewives" actress and the San Antonio Spurs star married back in July of 2007.

Eva has stated that she has Tony's initials tattooed on her body ... in a mystery spot. She also has Tony's jersey number -- "Nine" -- tattooed on the back of her neck.

Story developing...

Eva Longoria and Tony Parker Divorce | TMZ.com

see what happens when you don't make the wife happy? should have signed in new york city. melo be warned...

Let's be realistic...Dolan isn't going anywhere sadly...and Walsh looks like he's gonna do this last run with the Knicks and gracefully bow out.

D'Antoni might have to go sometime in the near future...I could see Melo coming here with D'Antoni still here, but then getting the axe later.

It's kinda funny how D'Antoni's poor player relationships are coming back up years later

In all seriousness, how many of us will still end up watching this game tonight? I swore I wouldn't watch another but based on the fact that it starts at 9 and there is literally nothing else on every Tuesday night, I'll probably tune in..But if we're getting harassed before halftime I'm gonna stop watching

Back
Top Bottom