**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

This team is on a roll now 
smile.gif
pimp.gif

Defense
happy.gif

Originally Posted by NEX87

Raymond is showing alot looking like a keeper when get melo..but iam i the only getting sick of Clyde rhyming with every damn word its starting to annoy me..
You're just now getting sick of him rhyming? I mean, he's been doing it for quite some time. 
laugh.gif

You either should have been sick of it a long time ago, or gotten used to it by now.

Gotta love this team. From 8-point lead to 21-point lead in like 5 minutes. Sick!

As far as I'm concerned this was the same as last night except we weren't as hot from 3. One player got hot for the Wiz and they played weak defense for most of the game and when they did tighten up on D so did we.

Kept wondering when Arenas would get hot.

pimp.gif
Win streak as we face the Sixers.

Good win, keep it up.
pimp.gif

Randolph needs to slow down, btw. Son is definitely trying to do too much right now to prove himself, similar to Amare.

I know it's only been 5 games but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far...if only they play w/ that same tenacity and aggressiveness on defense the whole year...

Love these Knicks. Hope they keep playing this way.

Also hope Amar'e can become more active in the paint.

our defense
pimp.gif

we're playing good in general,
cant wait for philly on sun....
pimp.gif

the only good thing about wall tonight, we're his shoes....

EDIT:
and TD getting career highs in pts/rebs/stls in 2 nights
pimp.gif

its only 5 games deep but we looking nice D id the key we can score any time..we got like a 5 game schedule were we should win 80% of these games beside Orlando game..we can def make the playoffs we just need to stay injury free...Raymond is playing wonderful

people will look at the box scores for Amare and laugh at the rebound totals..but we're not getting beat on the boards and he's keeping alive at least 3,4 a game for a teammate to bring in. Plus, he's actually playing defense.

I have no idea if that will last, but for now, it's been a pleasant surprise.

One thing I didn't like was how Randolph struggled.

I also feel D'Antoni should be putting Mozgov back in to start the 3rd or 4th. His cut off time should be his 5th foul. He's still growing and progressing so let him make his mistakes now. When he was on the court he was not hurting us.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

people will look at the box scores for Amare and laugh at the rebound totals..but we're not getting beat on the boards and he's keeping alive at least 3,4 a game for a teammate to bring in. Plus, he's actually playing defense.

I have no idea if that will last, but for now, it's been a pleasant surprise.

His defense has been so important. He doesn't box out too well, but next to a proven shot-blocker he's putting it together on that end. They didn't respect anyone but Amar'e and maybe Gallo on the floor, so he didn't force it like last time, and made good passes out.
He just needs to stay in the low post a little more, and one of our guards has to figure out how to get him the ball on the pick and roll. That is the only single thing they don't do better than Duhon.

Missed most of the game but from what I've read here I should be thrilled.

I said it the other night after the Chicago victory, this team is bringing pride back to NY Knicks basketball, something that we've been sorely missing.

I think Mozgov has been pretty terrible, to be honest. With the way Turiaf/Amare/Chandler have been playing between the 4/5, I've kinda preferred to see Mozgov sit out the 4th.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I know it's only been 5 games but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far...if only they play w/ that same tenacity and aggressiveness on defense the whole year...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Clyde rubbing off on you already... 

his commentary= 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom