Official 2007 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Damn, someone already picked up J-Will while I was in class and then when I headed to Starbucks to get some reading done.

So I'm left with Stephon Marbury on my team. People are telling me to wait it out on the whole Marbury situation. But Calderon and Bonzi Wells areavailable in this league.

12 team league and I am in dire need of assists (this is where Calderon steps in). Though I can just tank that whole category and get stronger in rebounding ifI get Bonzi.

Other notable FA's: Shane Battier, Kenyon Martin, Mike James, Paul Millsap, Jerry Stackhouse, Morris Peterson, Carlos Delfino, Keith Bogans, MickaelPietrus, Anthony Parker, Rajon Rondo, JR Smith, Larry Hughes

Here's my team:

6p5ghfl.png

Should I wait out the Marbury situation now that you guys know my team or should I pick up one of the FA's in my league and drop Marbury?

I personally like Rip Hamilton more because he scores more consistantly. Rip lights it up a lot more frequently than Chauncey, but it's up to you man.

NT, i need your advice on a trade proposal I received..

I'm giving up Gilbert Arenas, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Rudy Gay

I'm getting Billups, T-Mac, and Tyson Chandler

Should I pull the trigger?

Billups, T-Mac, and Chandler wins. T-Mac will offset Gil's scoring. T-Mac and Billups will offset Gil's 3's. Tyson is a better rebounder thanAldridge. Billups and T-Mac will get you more assists than Gil and co.

Just listen to me and accept that trade.

Who should I start and who should I bench for Wednesday 11/14/07? I don't anticipate Randolph coming back for tomorrow's games, so he's out andI'll start Horford... but should I make any other changes?

7ydtret.jpg

Paul, I WOULD have recommented to get Milsap, but your stacked at PF/C. Parker, Hughes, or Battier. I'd bench Curry or Biedrins because you'll get sameproduction out of Haywood but neither of those guys will get you blocks, Haywood will.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Paul, I WOULD have recommented to get Milsap, but your stacked at PF/C. Parker, Hughes, or Battier. I'd bench Curry or Biedrins because you'll get same production out of Haywood but neither of those guys will get you blocks, Haywood will.

I benched Curry and started Haywood... but just to correct you on one thing, Biedrins will get me blocks. It's just Curry who doesn't block anyshots (3 this whole season).

And about Marbury, so you're saying that I shouldn't wait on his situation to see what develops and to just pick up Millsap even though I'll beleaning toward Calderon
laugh.gif
... cuz I need those assists man. But yeah, you're advising me not to wait out the Marbury situation at all? Just want a littleclarification on that
happy.gif

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking when I said Biedrins didn't get blocks, but I think I was thinking that Haywood would get more Rebounds.

No, don't pick up Milsap, I was GOING to recommend that, but then I saw how many PF/C you had, and you really don't need additional help. Calderon willget you more assists than Marbury night in and night out, but I have no inside information about Stephon, I just dropped him because I'd rather not wastestats when he's not a superstar that I would regret dropping the rest of the season.

In addition to stats, I look at minutes played and yeah, if Stephon didn't walk out on the Knicks, he would still get more minutes played than Calderon.Calderon has to play behind Ford. Marbury is the primary guy at PG for the Knicks. More minutes for Stephon to accumulate stats than Calderon in his limitedtime out on the court.

[h3]JapanAir21 said:[/h3]
No, don't pick up Milsap, I was GOING to recommend that, but then I saw how many PF/C you had, and you really don't need additional help. Calderon will get you more assists than Marbury night in and night out, but I have no inside information about Stephon, I just dropped him because I'd rather not waste stats when he's not a superstar that I would regret dropping the rest of the season.

Hmm... anybody else got any opinions on what I should do???

Opinion on a trade I'm pondering....

I give up
Duncan/Melo

I get
Garnett/JET

I want to pull the trigger, but I'm just not sure.

With Durant's disappointing night today, I'm thinking of benching him for tomorrow night. Low score and horrible FG%. Who should I put in replacementof him? Azubuike, Rasual, House or Calderon? Well I pretty much need to choose two players to play out of those 4.

Here's my team again o help with the analysis
happy.gif

8bj2ezl.jpg

I'd bench Calderon for sure, since you have AK47, Garnett, and Cassell plaing tomorrow night, and Buike should play well for sure.

If you want to bench Durant, put Rasual in. You may want to put Rasual in over House, but if you really want Durant out, then that's waht I would do.

JapanAir21, tough call. Give me some time to think that one through
laugh.gif

RFX45, I'd still start Durant. And Azubuike should start in your final spot for your team. If you're in need of assists though, then start Calderonover Durant. Durant basically gives you scoring and a few 3's.

^^^ Alright, thanks for the tip. Although, Rasual and House had the same stats for their last game. I guess I'll give Rasual a try before I replace himwith Bogans.

Ok JapanAir21, I'm back.

Duncan and Melo > Garnett and Terry in rebounds
Duncan and Melo > Garnett and Terry in scoring
Duncan and Melo > Garnett and Terry in blocks

but

Garnett and Terry > Duncan and Melo in 3's
Garnett and Terry > Duncan and Melo in assists
Garnett and Terry > Duncan and Melo in turnovers

... with that said, I'd stick with Duncan and Melo. Garnett is Garnett and will put up numbers... but Terry isn't going to play at this level the wholeseason... at least I don't see him playing at this level the whole season. He's good, but Rank 14 good?

Definitely keep Duncan and Melo. Terry will have a lot of nights where he disappoints you. Duncan and Melo's playing time is also guaranteed whileTerry's could get kind of iffy at times. Try to get Garnett with someone else better than Terry, then the trade might be a bit more justifiable.

Well, here's my reasoning behind doing this trade.

For rebounding, I have Darko, Iguodala, Josh Howard, Kaman, and Bosh. Throw in Garnett and I think rebounding isn't a problem, ever.

For scoring, I will now have JET, Iguodala, Josh Howard, Bosh, Garnett, Wade, Granger.

For blocking, I will have Garnett, Kaman, Bosh,Darko, Granger, and Bosh.

My entire roster as of now...

Mike James (
smh.gif
)
Andre Iguodala
Dwyane Wade
Danny Granger
Chris Bosh
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Kaman
Darko Milicic
John Salmons
Anthony Parker
Francisco Garcia
Kyle Lowry
Tim Duncan
Josh Howard
Raja Bell
Jeff Green

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Well, here's my reasoning behind doing this trade.

For rebounding, I have Darko, Iguodala, Josh Howard, Kaman, and Bosh. Throw in Garnett and I think rebounding isn't a problem, ever.

For scoring, I will now have JET, Iguodala, Josh Howard, Bosh, Garnett, Wade, Granger.

For blocking, I will have Garnett, Kaman, Bosh,Darko, Granger, and Bosh.
Duncan and Melo > Garnett and Terry in rebounds
Duncan and Melo > Garnett and Terry in scoring
Duncan and Melo > Garnett and Terry in blocks

Yeah, I read that, but I don't think I have a problem with scoring, rebounding, and blocks, and I have more problems with FG%, assists, and 3's

I just traded Iverson for Okefur and Iggy LOL jsut ripped this cat off. Should I drop Haywood or Boget i went with boget. heres my team its sick we got 10 pplin leauge by the way, im thinkin of adding cassell but i dunno hes to inconstant. Sorry for big pic my crop isnt working!

8eqn4f5.jpg

I give up
Duncan/Melo

I get
Garnett/JET

I want to pull the trigger, but I'm just not sure.
I definitely pull the trigger on that. IMO Duncan and Melo are both more valuable to their respective NBA teams than they'd be to fantasyteams, particularly Duncan with his high volume/low percentage free throw shooting.

KG is probably going to win the league MVP award, and is probably the best player in fantasy: 50 FG% and 80% FT from a PF, great production in the defensivestats, and he'll flirt with triple doubles on a nightly basis this year now that he's got Allen and Pierce to finish his passes. He's an absolutelock for 20-12-5, with great %ages and defensive numbers. And his blocks are the one thing he definitely lags behind Duncan in, but the difference isn'tthat big, plus you've already got Bosh, Kaman, and Darko to help there.

For what everyone's saying about Terry not sustaining his production, I feel the same way about Melo. Besides, there's always that tension playingabout how he and Iverson will coexist, and how his now-impressive all around numbers will be affected if/when the fragiles on the squad start to go down(Camby, K-Mart), whereas Terry has an unquestioned role on a steady and established squad. Even if he's coming off the bench, he still gets starter'sminutes. It's really just a wrinkle from Coach Avery more than anything else.

At the end of the day, I think that KG is KG and Terry is one of the most underrated guards in fantasy, while Melo and Duncan are better NBA players thanfantasy players, their values being inflated by name recognition more than anything else. Plus, anytime you can get KG without giving up an arm and a leg, Ithink you have to do it. He's just that much of a consistent statistical monster.

If I'm trying to win an NBA championship, I'd take TD and Melo. If I'm trying to win a fantasy championship, it's KG and Jet.

Yo thanks for the input EB, I was getting worried maybe I did make the wrong move..
laugh.gif

Ritz, the only player I would want for Marion is KG, no exceptions... If your getting Shawn Marion, do it.

Back
Top Bottom